1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bad times ahead..

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Thank you for that bit of moral support mate <ok>

Hopefully I end up with egg on my face swans sign some top quality players and we storm Europe and the prem league ! <ok>

2. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Norway grow up for ****s sake. You have offered nothing but hearsay on here about this. But at least he has offered a little when asked.

But saying ask the ****er about transfers is ****ing stupid, of course he's not going to say what is happening regard to this.

And mate I can't believe you either

3. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

Hallelujah to that mate! ;)

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well yes but as much as I get info from Leon through family ties, he is paranoid about keeping the info confidential and some of it is ridicules, and that's our club for you, I laughed my socks off after old Charlie boy dropped his old man and the board in it!....... <cheers>

5. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Must admit this thread has had me laughing. If there is any bad news on the way, this thread should actually cheer us all up!!
    What's with all the one-upmanship regarding sources? That's kid's play.
    Of course we respect your rights to not reveal anything if that's what you;ve been told to do, so you;d probably be better off not startinga thread titled Bad Times Ahead where it's pretty clear that you're saying Laudrup is off.
    No offence to anyone, NJ, Jager, Dragon et all, we all love the rumour-mill deep down don't we.
    Personally I can;t wait to see reports from the Danish website on new players that we are hoping to download, ha ha!!

6. DragonPhilljack

I've been supporting the Swans long enough to know what colour pants Jenkins wears, so none of this really interests me, well not the tight fisted Jinx approach as Dai goes on about, but deep down we all know that's our board here at Swansea!.................<cheers>

7. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

If the club are moving to work Laudrup out on the back of broken promises, there will be a backlash. Someone mentioned something about a shortlist of managers being drawn up. If the worst happens and Laudrup goes, our Board is just parsimonious enough to appoint someone like Graeme Jones if he doesn't fancy Everton with Judas.

As much as I have backed the Board in the past, I will be disgusted if our manager is in fact engineered out by false promises. What happened to Jenkins and his recent statement about Michael Laudrup being our best signing for next season?

8. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

why would anybody want shot of ml. what could have gone so wrong to make that a goal. who coud you possibly replace him with. we're not ****ing with nobody here, it's ML and the whole football world will play close attention and take note. we cover ourselves in **** here and it's not going to wash off.

9. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

FFS I pressed the dislike button again <doh>

10. jackofdreambeach

Whilst the commonsense fans mindset at this time of year should be 'wait and see and enjoy the summer' . It is no doubt
    the busiest time for Chairmen/ executives / certain directorsm / agents.

We've had the greatest season in our history and have much to look forward to an many fronts on and off the field.

I guess to counteract the undercurrent of uncertainty it would be wise to see the club put a retained players list out though.

11. ivoralljack

At least no one can be blamed for us not getting Negredo. Apparently West Ham had a bid of £14.5 million REJECTED. That sort of fee is far too rich for us. We should look, though, to make a flagship (for us) signing, amongst others, for something up to £8 million. If I remember correctly, weren't we prepared to pay that for Siggy? And we are financially much better off now than we were then.

12. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

Ivor, I agree as long as that player is as good as the fee implies. After that I wouldn't want the club to spend more than £30m total on all players (excluding cash for anyone leaving). I think £30m is a fair amount to consolidate and prepare for Europe.

13. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Yes you have. But you ALWAYS say that so no one listens to you.

14. DragonPhilljack

Well lets hope the recent politics is nothing more than hot air, that will soon rectify itself, though Laudrups agent is a loose cannon in my view!.................. <cheers>

PS: If the Cannas deal fails to go through then I think it will be time for Jacks to be concerned!........ <ok>

15. DragonPhilljack

Your first opening sentence is on the money Ivor, sad but true it's the Sousa situation all over again!!........<ok>

16. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Anybody know who MIGHT be on this manager's shortlist?

17. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to say this but if what NJ and Phill are saying his true, then Huw Jenkins and the board can go and screw themselves as far as I am concerned as it will completely destroy our image and any manager worth his salt will not want to manage us. Plus it will be highly possible that the likes of Michu and Chico will leave the club. :emoticon-0121-angry

18. ivoralljack

I'm keeping my powder dry until such time as the true story breaks, whatever that is. I don't want to go off on one against Jenkins and the Board if they have done nothing wrong. BUT if my suspicions are correct and I stress that right now it is only suspicion, I suspect that many people will not be happy, to put it mildly.

So far, Jenkins and the Board have had a smooth ride from the supporters, rightly so given what has been achieved. This is not to say that everything they do is right eg the Sousa issue. I felt that had they backed him with the striker he was asking for, we might even have got promotion then.

I'm beginning to feel that things are unravelling at the moment - that the Board is out of its depth in dealing with what I suspect is going on. The problem is I can't say more because suspicion is not fact, so I'll have to wait until the facts emerge.

19. canarie-chippy

canarie-chippy Well-Known Member

Sky sports news reporting that ML will only speak to the swans board through his agent?
    That sounds really bad for you guys, he's apparently only getting £5m to spend this window?
    That is ridiculous with the money you've got from this season in the prem and winning the league cup, I hope this doesn't spell the end of this very good manager you've got.

20. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

£5 mill, I find that hard to believe, Bannan and Pozuela are costing about that between them let alone the pre contract with Canas so the club have committed more than that already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.