1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bad times ahead..

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

In terms of information, if you want to play top trumps on the matter then mine are better than yours on this one <ok>

You do also realise that the players sing from the same hymm sheets ? more or less club policy <ok>

2. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Norway, the difference is that Leigh Dineen is the vice chairman of the club, he answers questions at times, he has answered directly questions concerning the sponsorship not being Infiniti, the badge going back to normal, and we will get previews of the new kit before release at the end of the month

3. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I had SEC tonight -sausage egg and chips :emoticon-0125-mmm: I think we just have to go with the flow on this one

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

No me, but I smell a board that wants to cash in far too much!...............<ok>

5. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Norway, how the hell do you know what's going on over there in Norway and I know fcuk all and I can see the bloody Liberty from my house :D

Come on spill the beans

6. DragonPhilljack

It's Sousa all over again mate!...............................<ok>

7. Norway-jack

Its clear that a few people know the score right now,and you are probably a lot wiser than me for keeping stuff like this under wraps, but being an avid contributer to the forum I still wish to try and give our lot a bit of info that sheds a bit more light on the subject, of course the trouble with that is I leave myself open to ridicule .

Maybe it is best just to say **** all but I think its always of intrest to put out as much as you can about the team you love, good news or bad news <ok>

8. DragonPhilljack

You will not get anything from players other than the club line, or a pack of lies!..............<ok>

9. Norway-jack

Telephone call mate...<laugh>

Honestly it really is a wonderful piece of technology !! <cheers>

10. DragonPhilljack

Norway PM me if you want to discuss this sort of issue in future, my info comes very high up from a golf club!................<ok>

11. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

You pair of bastards :D:D

Don't ask me for any good pubs cos I'm not tellin :confused:

12. DragonPhilljack

How would you know a good pub? Your too drunk before you go in!...................<laugh>

13. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Watch it you, I have serious dirt on you remember :D:D:D

Yes I'm a tart before you say it

14. Norway-jack

Wow, that's amazing !!

Club badge was always going back,centinery was just for that occasion and nothing else,stated in the press releases last year.
    By saying the sponser is not infiniti, he is still telling you nothing!! its not Jaguar either.
    saying there is a preview of the new kit is a bit like saying tomorrow the sun will rise .

Ask the ****er about what he thinks about our transfer policy and what is happening with transfers, in fact ask him who the sponser is going to be,ask him when the expansion is going to take place .

I cant believe you honestly think the club tell you what you want to know!! jeez mate!! they tell you the party line and that's it.

15. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Had a boring day out on the rig, Norway? :emoticon-0112-wonde

16. DragonPhilljack

Thing is a lot of Jacks are like that Norway, so no point in getting into the politics, as they don't want to hear it, well that's what I've found over the years!.........<ok>

17. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Which is my point, what have you actually shared with us that sheds some light on the subject other than "I have been told something I cannot tell you, but that others are not far wrong"

Tells me nothing. Other than you cannot share what you have been told. So basically it adds no light to the speculation floating around.

Now if you were to tell me that your sauce has said that Laudrup is looking for a quick exit and blowing the transfer issue out of hand just to cause an issue. Then that is shedding some light on the subject.

I just don't buy into the whole, "I have been told something I cannot tell you", reminds me of being in school. "Oooooh I know someone who fanices you", "who", "cant tell you", "oh, tell me please", "i cant, she will kill me", "but i must know....the suspense"

And no im not ridiculing you, I have nothing against you, i just don;t like this sort of topic, i feel its somewhat pointless. But I know you will say i wont have to read it, heck you already have, but isn't that the point of creating a topic, to get response, if not, why make a topic ;)

18. Norway-jack

Probably right Dragon, there is no such thing as bad news !!...<laugh>

I know there were some eyebrows raised when the board took out cash, but the issue is more that they are still amature in a lot of other ways, it is beginning to restrict the club, it set us back a few years ago, we have playing assets worth up to £50m quid £30 in profit and a garenteed£120m in revenue for the next two years regardless of relegation, are we really so tight as to not secure the long term future of the club and have a season of major strengthening?

We have done the last few years on the cheap,this year we need to put some serious cash in and guess what ? people still think serious money is £2m quid!!

19. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

Norway, don't know what you have heard, but firmly believe that you have posted in good faith, and also respect your reluctance to go into detail - betraying confidences and all that; but you have put yourself between a rock and a hard place. Things haven't been right between Laudrup and the board since the Capital Cup final, and have also heard that there is something going on in the boardroom.

But will not criticize you for posting your concerns on here; to be honest I think we are all a little concerned in a 'no smoke without fire' way - but then isn't that what being a Jack is all about? We don't do things the easy way - there must always be some soap opera kind of drama! I am not going to speculate because I am usually/have been wrong in the past! ;)

Hope that there will be some sort of resolution soon so we can start planning for next season, probably gonna be the hardest so far in the Premier League - but have to believe in Huw and the board to act in the best interests of SCFC; if that means that Laudrup leaves then so be it - won't be happy, but we have been here before. After what we have been through in our recent past I trust the board to do the best for Swansea City; yes we need to spend money to try and consolidate our position, but we are not a big enough team to spend recklessly - that would be the start of a journey that could only lead to a return to the financial mess we were in just a few short years ago. In the short term we are always going to be a 'feeder' team - our best assets are going to be plundered by 'bigger' teams because we don't have the financial clout to compete in that market! That is just a fact of life! We have to live within our means - we have in the recent past, and are, doing things the right way - we will never throw money away in pursuit of an unrealistic dream because we have learnt the hard way what happens when ambition is placed above common sense and good management. The Tony Petty era was a watershed moment for us, one that I would hope will never be repeated. It led to a supporter based revolution that saved the club and saw us go from strength to strength - I would hate all that good work to be wasted by chasing goals that may be unrealistic! Many former PL clubs have learnt this lesson the hard way - don't want us to join that select number!

Much has been said about the Laudrup 'we would have to spend £200 million to get to the next level' quote, but it has been taken out of context - he was never suggesting that we should spend that amount, just alluding to what it would cost to compete with the elite in the top six. We can't do that - we have to live within our means and continue to do our business prudently; we are not Man U or Chelsea - we are Swansea and must conduct ourselves accordingly!

So I take your OP in the manner I think it was intended Norway - from a fan who is concerned about the well-being of his club - I respect your motives for posting your OP and will not criticise you for it - but would appeal for calm in the coming weeks. We don't know exactly what is going on but would hope that we would all trust the board to act in the best interests of SCFC!

20. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Phil you'll be surprised what you can get, I never post it here as I am told in confidence. If its in the public domain that's fair enough. You know Leon, I know one or two others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.