1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bad news thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by wishiwasinliverpool, Oct 2, 2022.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

It'd be nice to judge him after he gets about 5 or 10 chances tonight. forwards can look **** hunting about to get a touch.

klopp keeps calling him a finisher. well. give him something to finish :)

I'm willing to be he doesn't start tonight and jota does.

2. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Drop the players to make them hungry for when you bring them back. A few players are just too complacent.

That said, I think the problem in the moment is as much Klopp as the players. He needs to stop stubbornly using the same tactic that worked a few years ago but no longer works. Time for something new.

3. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I always have to go the supermarket in person, can't afford delivery services. <laugh>

4. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Bad News:. It was mildly chilly this morning and I had to run the hot air to defog my windshield. It's only October, I shouldn't have to run hot air in my car. I feel distraught.

Also bad news. I want coffee but I'm too lazy to make coffee, so I'm not drinking coffee right now.

Oh, and my ears are overly wet and waxy at the moment.

5. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I don't wish to post my news as it's all so ****ing bad

M!LK likes this.
  6. saintKlopp

An area the size of the UK is flooded in Pakistan and at least 1600 people have died.
    I have a sore finger.

Nozzer and M!LK like this.
  7. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Thing us if we drop players and replace them with worse players and we get a really good hiding, then how does that motivate the players being dropped?

It just shows how reliant we are on the first 11.
    Apart from one or two positions we have no cover, the drop in quality is massive.

They know they are undroppable, being realistic we know they are undroppable.

The only possible way forward is a change in tactic, God forbid but we then need a big transfer window. Bringing in one or two and a couple more kids is not going to be enough.

8. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Yikes. That's horrible news!

Also made me completely reevaluate not making coffee... Life's too short not to have coffee. I'm going to make some. I hope your finger gets better. If you need a wax poultice let me know.

9. saintKlopp

Saying dropping them will make them hungry suggests that they can't be arsed. This is not an accusation I would make without firm evidence.
    I imagine they want to be winning as much as we want them to be.
    There can be all sorts of factors contributing to a loss of form or confidence. Some tactical adjustment seems necessary of course, but I for one will give them time to bring it round rather than summarily throw them under a bus.

THE FOOL likes this.
  10. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

"I was dropped for that twat?... I must work harder!"

saintKlopp likes this.

11. THE FOOL

Mate considering if we dropped half the team the replacement would be James milner, I dont think they would be that arsed.

saintKlopp likes this.
  12. saintKlopp

"I was dropped for that twat?... I'm gonna sulk and be a pain in the arse to everyone."

13. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

I don't think, benching someone for a series of poor performances is "throwing them under the bus".

The one thing that everyone has to be able to agree on is, something needs to change. Its ridiculous to think playing the same players in the same formation with the same tactics is suddenly going to solve the problem. Change and trying something new is needed.

Say, playing Diaz instead of Salah to start, doesn't show Diaz to be any better... It gives us something to compare and maybe even shows how we're better or worse based on Diaz's interpretation of his role.

Can't keep doing the same thing and expect things to change.

If I open the door to my bathroom a hundred times, I'll always see the toilet and never the bed.

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  14. saintKlopp

In other bad news, we still have a ****ing Tory government. It doesn't matter how out of touch and incompetent they are, we can't seem to get shot somehow.

Nozzer and Gerrardsitchyear like this.
  15. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

If we could replace everyone with Milner the quad would be secured. <laugh>

THE FOOL likes this.
  16. saintKlopp

Yeah, but you won't improve matters by sticking your head down the toilet.:emoticon-0172-mooni
    Diaz will play with Salah anyway - it's not either or.
    Going back to my original point, I don't take a lack of success by the team as a personal insult like some appear to - but the one thing that does piss me off is a lack of effort. I haven't really seen that from Mo, it just doesn't seem to be working for him atm.
    But you don't get better at football by not playing football. We have to play the best we currently have, as we don't have enough alternatives of the required quality.

17. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

Can't believe we've probably got another 2 years of this too.

Polls have labour with anything from 17-23% leads in the polls (some saying 53% of the popular vote).

Can't see the Tory's polling any lower, so the only way is up from here, maybe.

If the Ukraine were to somehow get the Russians out of the country without a loss of territory, the world-wide economy may recover enough to drag us up with it and suddenly the Tory's are basking in the reflected light.

saintKlopp likes this.
  18. THE FOOL

I'd like to see nunez up top, with salah, Bobby and Diaz starting behind. Give room for salah and Diaz to get turned and run at the defenders.

Let Bobby link the play without having to run himself into the ground.

Have Henderson, thiago and fab fight for the 2 spots in front if the defence.

Get Robertson and trent down the wings again. Not coming Inside.

See easy.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

yes they just have to do different things, not do the same things.

Klopp's already said so. too many gaps, too many easy balls that a simple give and go rips us up. The players know it. they have to be "more compact" as klopp said

Matip is being left about a 1/4 of the park to patrol on his own cos trent has wandered into cm or is up the park pressing (the times he actually does) this says nobody is covering. so where are they? off wandering about themselves?

Every time we see this issue we see no RCM in picture. Trent "somewhere" and matip pulled out of centra to cover left wing. this then exposes how poor vvd has become that he cant get across and cover in.

lets look at brighton goals (oh you hate this but anyway)

upload_2022-10-4_14-47-38.png

booming ball in from their right. They are targetting trent here. Lets just look at this picture.

Why is VVD so far out of his area. look at the gap between cbs. Matip has had to come over. Why did vvd choose to do it. Look at CMs and salah. Salah is coming back, working hard no doubt. Henderson and fabinho is in picture.

upload_2022-10-4_14-49-36.png
    trent wins header. the back line is badly exposed here. ball drops at henderson hwo at this point laready looked back at his manbut he's not moved into the path of the oncoming man here. he's stood there and he is not up. The man is piling in. Vvd is jogging back in.

Salah is now ball wathcing and guess who is behind him. this header simply has to be won. at the very least block off the guy coming.

upload_2022-10-4_14-51-38.png
    henderson allows it to bounce. his man never actually get it and now its up in the air again. VVD is back "in" and tsimikas is rounding out a back 4.

Large gap between matip and trent.

Salah being salah is gone. hes already running for a forward pass.

Fabinho is now headed towards the ball. No thought to spaces

Again whats henderson done here? not headed it up and on. he's let it bounce. hes been turned now and is flat foot.

upload_2022-10-4_14-53-55.png

Now look. Brighton man is steaming in. fabinho is going at it. This will be crucial. Henderson is now still flat footed and his man is running.

Still massive gaps in the RB RCB slot.

upload_2022-10-4_14-55-8.png

upload_2022-10-4_14-56-52.png
    and here we go. the man matip didn't get tight to has flicked it after fabinho bottled blocking the man/pass. Henderosn man has ran off him. he's done absolutely nothing since he let the ball bounce.

Now trent who's actually reacted has 2 men. the **** has hit the fan big time. After this you know the rest trent looks the fool again cos his man steps round him and he ends on his ass.

So who ****ed it most?

The captain who should know to block the man coming and help that ball on and away.

The Rock of a defender who was sauntering back in after leaving the middle exposed?

The big man who left the massive gap in channel and didn't pick anyone up?

The RB who failed to see any danger and close the gap early?

The DCM who bottled a challenge for fear of a card?

Take your pick.

they all have to just do better. Simple clearances, close gaps up, don't chase out of position, put the foot in.
    this is fabinho bottling the challenge. Hes let the guy run off him. Henderson is still flat footed. Trents now finally reacting to the massive RB/RCB channel gap.

Matip hasn't close it either and has not really got tight to a man.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

heres another non goal but alisson must stop.

upload_2022-10-4_15-2-0.png

look at the back line. look at the CMS. where is the shape

1. trent behidn the line looking at welbeck but miles off him.
    2. Matip nowhere. Man behind him.
    3. VVD nowhere. why is he out there.
    4. Tsimikas. bit of a joke posiution for LB.

Again CMS.

Fabinho is out of centre. thiago is finally seen trotting about. henderson is in there. theres 5 yards covering the 3 yet noboy is close to ball.

Brighton laughing at this point.

upload_2022-10-4_15-4-40.png

ball under zero pressure out to RW. Tsimikas running out. no pressure o nball as a result of this **** poistion.

VVD wakes up and tries to recover his position.

Matip still asleep

Trent rushing back but not getting close to forward.

CMs trotting.

upload_2022-10-4_15-6-11.png

RW turned ball onto right foot giving time for a challenge tsimikas never gets close.
    Look at henderson ffs pointing at the mas running off him.
    Trent has positioned himself to defend welbeck.
    look at trossard in acres again.
    Matip is toast. never got near any position to defend.

upload_2022-10-4_15-7-51.png
    **** shot ok but... trent was in position but never got tight. welbeck just runs off him and has eyes on ball. Matip jumps but it goes over him and this ends in header at alisson who saves.

Look where hendersons man ended up free as a bird near post.

I mean its not exactly hard to see the issues. Poor initial shape, players out of position too easily and not recovering, no pressure on the ball, people letting balls in and players run off them.

It won't matter if its 343, 541, 433, 442, 424, 352 or whatever system if players are ****ing the manager over like this. they have to get in good shape to defend and do the basics.

This is why i know it can improve as they have to improve and its very much the basics they can get better at.