1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Bacon

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SuitedandBooted, Jul 14, 2015.

?

Which bacon?

1. Smoked

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Unsmoked

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Maybe Airlie will settle this for us on a health versus taste basis?

2. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

i know 1 vegan and a veggie ( you know this because they cant help themselves telling you about it)

thing is , both strive for that bacon taste in that fake rubberised meat crap they end up eating ,
    my Cousin was a veggie and every morning when we had a cafe on Angleberry rerd he would be in before his brothers to have a sneaky bacon buttie

3. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Red sauce is only good for burgers and hotdogs.

HP, Dadies or Chop at a push for bacon.

Never that no name sachet ****e you get in some cafes.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Brown on sausages, ketchup or nothing on bacon and mustard on gammon.

It ain't complicated.

5. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. Mustard on sausages, brown on bacon.

I like a honey/mustard mix on gammon.

6. matelot-tiger

matelot-tiger Active Member

Unsmoked. Now the next question, which sauce? Used to stop at Skeltons prior to all the away game journeys, a bacon butty tastes alot better if you haven't had to make it!

7. matelot-tiger

matelot-tiger Active Member

Brown sauce...has to be brown sauce on bacon, sausage or egg. had a mate who had bloody salad cream on bacon butties....now thats just wrong.

8. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

For all veggies/vegans I know its quite the opposite, they get questioned and criticised constantly without ever bringing it on themselves.

If you eat that stuff then you might as well eat meat, its processed and full of crap, meat has much higher nutritional value. Plus from an ethical/moral stand point I don't understand why you would want to eat something that tastes like something you despise. Proper veggie food is very good, Green's in Manchester for example is up there with the best meat serving restaurants.

He wasn't a veggie!

9. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

From my experience in American Hotels I would suggest (should you ever visit the 'Land of the Free') that you use every sauce know to man to smother their bacon as they have a tendency to cremate it.

10. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

I'm pretty sure its deep fried, at least it was at every hotel I stayed at in Colorado.

11. 寸頭黑暗的

Smoked with maple syrup or unsmoked with avocado.

12. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

Cue the outrage!

13. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

thanks for breaking that down - as for the veggie vegan thing -

they ram it down your throat constantly ,
    last month a picture and tweet appeared on my feed about the "cheese mite" that is added to keep bacteria down in cheese
    After a small amount of research found its in a couple of cheeses , added deliberately to its surface for its flavour
    Its tightly controlled as its not normally allowed in the food chain under EEC law (or whatever their current processing laws are)
    it is the exact same "mite " that can infest flour - the very grain this vegan was ****ing on.

when i pointed out the propeganda error i was asked if i also support the rape of cows and calf ?!?!?!

followed by strange abuse from random twatters with the V logo in their names :D

i know better than to argue food with food activists ;)

14. 寸頭黑暗的

Vegans suck

15. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Are you still here - I was hoping OLM had finally ran you over!

16. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

I don't doubt there's some idiotic militant veggies/vegans out there, if there's a cause then someone will spout uninformed bollocks about it for sure.

However in my experience, the people that I know that are veggie/vegan go about it quietly, to them its not a statement or badge of honour, just a way that they choose to live their life. They have to put up with a lot of ignorant crap from meat eaters; 'aren't you always hungry?' 'what can you eat?' 'you need some meat on that plate or its not a proper meal' are all commonly used, its unwarranted and unnecessary.

17. ollyhcafc

ollyhcafc Active Member

You don't seem to give a **** about your health, your one of those people who believe everything the big food companies want you to. The dietary fat hypothesis has been totally written off. Fat is an essential nutrient. Its Man made fat like "light" everything with put you in your grave. Fruit is just natures candy bird food, Liver is more nutritionally dense then fruit. Try doing a bit of recent research before trying to come across as knowing what your talking about.

18. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

<laugh> Judging by your post I know far more about this than you so I wouldn't even start.

Dietary fat is essential, saturated fat from processed and refined meat is not. Nuts, Avocado, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and fish are great fats and provide you with all you need, they regulate hormone balance and are essential for the immune system, skin, bones...etc.

I wouldn't touch anything labelled as 'light' or 'diet', it means they have replaced sugars with chemicals and fats with salt and sugar just to manipulate the macro nutrient profile, they are terrible for you, a healthy diet extends far beyond calories and grams of fat.

Fruit is good for you in moderation, its packed with vitamins and minerals but is high in certain sugars (although these are still preferable to refined sugar). Eating too much fruit isn't great for your teeth, it also can also spike insulin levels which leads to unstable blood sugar levels.

Liver is 'nutritionally dense' as you say, but that doesn't make it better or worse than fruit, higher in protein and iron sure but also higher in saturated fat and unless its organic full or artificial hormones, balance is the key.

19. 寸頭黑暗的

Spot on

20. SuitedandBooted

SuitedandBooted Well-Known Member

I was a veggie for nearly 25 years, always used to use the old lines like, why crave bacon when theres veggie bacon? this veggie bacon tastes ace! etc....
    Tried real bacon, no turning back, fully fledged meat eater again, in fact I think I eat more meat now than I ever did!