1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Azores Canaries v Chairboys 24th Oct 20

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh dear

2. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

We've been robbed again

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Gavin Ward shoul;dn't even be allowed to ref a game on The Rye on a Sunday morning. :steam::steam::steam: I hope we make a complaint against him not that it will do any good. :headbang:

Guywanderer likes this.
  4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I am really, really sorry for you guys today. Although I only saw the first 35 minutes (stream failure) I thought you were quite ballsy to try and take the game to us and played some good stuff. That did not look like the bottom of the table team in blue nor did it look like a team capable of reaching a play-off spot in yellow.

I thought it was going to be a cricket score after 3 minutes and we kept pressing for the next 10 but credit where credit is due, you took the initiative again but kept it tighter and make a real game of it.

Your boys, though no doubt gutted at the final whistle, should take heart from that performance on what I saw.

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Bollocks have the refs got it in for us

Guywanderer likes this.
  6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Thai. Gutted

7. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

You're so right mate

8. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Agree the ref was ****e.

9. philhythe

How do they get to Ref games especially at this level

10. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

I didn’t see the game, except when I turned on at 90 mins and was quite hopeful of a point. Almost threw my pint away soon after. Just wondering how we were set up, was it the usual 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 as bbc said.

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Without fans in stadiums the refereeing is definitely worse than it was previously and that is saying something in itself. But, once these decisions are made there is diddly squat anyone can do about it. The Lincoln penalty we had given against us on Tuesday has been admitted was wrong. (Worst dive I've seen ever) but we still lost and the goal still stood. If you don't believe me have a look on Youtube for yourself. Was in the second half.

12. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

You have my sympathy Ron.

I had just begun to write a message to congratulate Wycombe on getting the well-deserved point (a point to hopefully kick-start the season for you) although it was painful to watch from my perspective and I felt a golden opportunity to grab some goals and have a reasonably comfortable afternoon was either thrown away or denied by a gutsy Wanderers side.

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  13. mowgli1960

After the brilliant performance yesterday surely Ainsworth must know we are better starting with Hogan,Fred,Wheeler and Kashket with Samuel left out of the starting XI as he offers no goal threat at all in The Championship, saying that he offered no goal threat in League 1 either, i'd rather start The Beast than Samuel at least he scores goals and sets others up to score.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I haven't watched any games since Rotherham and Brentford, but I would like to know how much Kashket contributes to the game over 90 mins (or however long he is kept on). He has pace so he needs defence splitting passes that he can run onto. From what I have seen of him, he is quite easily bundled out of the game so I can see he will get replaced at sometime. At present, I'm not going to complain because he has scored the only 2 goals we have on the board. But we badly need someone who can score on a regular basis. What sort of impact, if any, has Ikpeazu had? Is he any good? Horgan seems quite strong so I'm hoping he is a good addition to the squad. I get the feeling that Bayo isn't having much impact at this level. I would have thought that with him and Ikpeazu on the pitch together, they would pose a big threat with JJ's free kicks, especially with Stewart and McCarthy going up for them as well. Doesn't seem to be happening though.

On the bright side, We have played Reading and Norwich in the space of 5 days, with what can be argued is not our strongest team, and we almost grabbed a point from both.

I suspect Tuesday will be our biggest bashing and odds of 1.5 for the Watford win is an early Christmas present. It is the game I have feared most since the Premiership relegation places were decided and I'm afraid it is live on TV. Dare I watch? Of course I will

15. philhythe

We have to remember Ainsworth is still trying to sort out his strongest team everybody knew what it was over the last couple of seasons. Now those players are another two years on. At the moment I would be more worried if we losing to the likes of Barnsley, who yes have points but still havn't won a game.

16. mowgli1960

We have only scored 2 League goals so far this season both were scored by Kashket, he never gave up chasing a loose ball. I've watched every game this season and he's been superb with his pace that scares the hell out of defenders. Why you would rather the goal shy Samuel play instead of Kashket is weird as to win games you need to score something Samuel was unable to do in League 1 very often and he won't score in The Championship.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you have watched every game mowgli then you are more qualified to judge than I. And if he has been chasing every loose ball and harassing players with, or about to receive, the ball, then fair play. I obviously watched him on an off day. I like Samuel because he doesn't give the opposition any time on the ball and isn't afraid to run at them with the ball. He also comes back to help the defence when we are under pressure. When teams are technically better than us we need someone like that who can force the opposition into errors. I agree he isn't a natural goal scorer. I also believe he isn't a 90 minute player. He gives so much for the team that he will never last 90 mins at this level. To stay in this league I suspect players like Samuel, Kashket, Blooms and Bayo will probably all have to make way for better players but they are all useful as part of the squad. Just my opinion. I'm not one to pay too much attention to possession but when we constantly are struggling to get 30% of the ball, it is a bit of a worry as we can only score if we have the ball. We are going to need a very strong defence and powerful pacey strikers/midfielders who can outpace the opposition in force on the break. That way we can make the most of what possession we have and hurt the opposition with goals against the run of play