1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AUTUMN NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Aug 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Some crazy results on Saturday:

Peterborough's win triggered quite a few jokers but nobody got the score right. Most were expecting a bigger score than 1-0. Sheffield Wednesday v Burton had the same outcome but nobody expected a 6 goal thriller.

All 8 put Bolton down to beat Forest Green. Sensible and Lyndhurst got the score spot on but didn't deploy jokers.

As for Charlton v Ipswich.... unbelievable.

Joe and I both have live jokers on Argyle: he's predicted 3:0, I've got 3:1, Look out for a 6:6 draw then.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I take part in a fantasy betting thread on another site and left it alone this weekend. There was no value in the odds and always the probability that scores would go tits up. It always does.

3. notDistantGreen

Let's hope tonight goes to form. If it does we won't have a problem.... IF.

4. notDistantGreen

With the hour having changed, is it winter now?

Interesting interview with Dan Scarr on the Argyle site. Firstly, he lied about his age to play in amateur football as a lad. Secondly, he coached boxing when working in gyms before going professional. No surprises there then.

He gives an interesting account of how he gradually drifted into the professional game, making his name in Stourbridge's 2016/17 FA Cup run to the third round via 4 qualifying rounds, where he scored against our old friends, Wycombe Wanderers. No flashy academies for him. He signed his first league contract for the club he supports, Birmingham City, at the unusual age of 23 but tells of an unhappy period, with several changes of manager and a lengthy hip injury.

He came to us via a loan at Wycombe and Walsall. He says Argyle's of James Wilson convinced him to turn down a new contract at Walsall and sign for Argyle, feeling that if the club were signing players of that quality, it was the place to be. Wilson was at loan at Walsall, admittedly before Scarr's time there, but maybe that's it.

He's been absolutely absolutely dominant this season and however he got here, I'm glad he came.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.