1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AUTUMN NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Aug 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Trouble is nothing in the story is a shock is it. Not a brick has been laid towards a new Ice Rink and it was never going to be. Meanwhile the old one a certain person was paid to look after and keep going whilst the new was built hasn't done that either. Plymouth loses yet another facility. I bet I know somebody involved who hasn't lost anything though.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I tell you what, it's all going off at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63226838

What does that mean for the fans?

And this is a cracker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63225938

Owner gets involved in transfer dealings then sacks the staff when things go wrong. Manager is responsible for awful performances and gets a new 3 year contract. If I was him, I wouldn't be maxing out the credit card on Christmas presents just yet.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The talk of Steven Schumacher being 6/4 favourite for the WBA job is gathering pace.....Simon Hallett needs to stop it now by offering Schumacher a better deal.....assuming that Schumacher is showing any interested in a failing Championship team....I think he'll stay at Home Park....more chance of WBA and Argyle swapping leagues at the moment.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

FA Cup First Round.

Argyle away to Grimsby.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Away yet again. I was hoping for a home draw this time simply to get to see a match sometime soon. Grimsby it is then.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Match in league one tonight and I feel a sort of karma about it. Apparently Portsmouth had a player sent off for a second bookable "very soft" decision and Charlton scored a minute later. Sound familiar?

7. notDistantGreen

I don't usually pay much attention to these "So-And-So is bookies' favourite to manage bottom of the league United/City/Rovers" stories. After all, bookies manage the odds to limit their losses based on how much punters are betting on each speculative outcome, so it's uninformed punters who really create the favourites, not experts at the bookies.

I'm also aware that journalists really are like Private Eye's Phillipa Page. They'll write anything on a quiet news day. I also know busy people get fed up being asked the same stupid question and say the first thing that comes into their minds to get the microphone out of their face.

However, comparing the 'Erald's reporting of Stephen Schumacher's alleged responses to possibly imaginary interest from Huddersfield Town and then West Bromwich Albion leaves me with an ever so slightly queasy feeling.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-manager-steven-schumacher-7588798

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-manager-steven-schumacher-7719478

Rather like the Government's promises to uplift pensions via the triple lock isn't it? Not so definite as it was before.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The triple lock is safe....well it is safe today...so says Lizzy Truss.....but tomorrow is another day isn't.

9. notDistantGreen

Ah but the Chancellor may not agree.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ah...but he was sitting next to her nodding in agreement at the time.

11. notDistantGreen

Nodding and thinking “yeah, right “.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My one and only criteria for casting doubt on the word of Liz is.......was her lips moving and did somebody have a hand shoved up her arse directing her.

How has the last couple of months gone so far? First we were getting the triple lock. Then it was "guaranteed" and not for discussion. Then it was virtually ditched. Then they heard the mutterings of the back benchers and suddenly on a day when no financial matters should have been announced it was announced anyway and is definately staying. So that's the story so far today. However, she may not be there much longer and the rise doesn't physically occur until next March. I watched PMQs today. The funniest line was Keir Stammer's when he asked if her new book was out by Christmas or if that was the title. Quite cutting for him.

13. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Watching all the going on's from afar.. LOL

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's just like a stage Farce BC. You truly could not make any of this up. The only difference is a Farce is meant to be make believe and entertaining comedy. This though really isn't funny. Too many people's wellbeing is governed by what that bunch do and currently that is very little.

15. notDistantGreen

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Nice recognition of Gordon Sparks and his connection to Argyle on the BBC's....Football Focus... a moment ago.....nice touch.

17. notDistantGreen

The funeral service is to be held at Home Park. Nice tribute which I’m sure he would have liked

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I might just try to get there on the 2nd.

19. notDistantGreen

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Those two goals that Charlton pulled back late in extra time were important.

It meant that Ipswich lost two pts.....which dropped them back down to second spot in the league table.

Which must of deflated them a little.....and lifted Argyle's spirit as they stayed top of the league.

Argyle knowing that if they beat Exeter on Monday...they will increase their lead at the top to 4pts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.