1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AUTUMN NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Sep 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You can always fly home BC. I'd bet if you looked around enough you'd find the Portsmouth match being shown somewhere online around the World. Some obscure Outer Mongolian channel who is getting it from somewhere illegally.

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Oh dear what can the matter be....

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just done the prediction league....to find out that there are positive Covid results at AFC Wimbledon......I assume that's why their Cup game at Barrow was postponed.....I hadn't noticed.......<doh>.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Would BC have to self-isolate when he got back home.....in his Log Cabin I assume....can't be snowed in yet.

5. AWAY IN BC

I love self isolating that way anyway. There will be snow up there tomorrow.
    I have to winterize the cabin anyway.
    One thing about sleeping there is that the quiet is deafning.
    Roll on spring.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

There were a couple more VAR handball horrors in the televised games yesterday. When will the authorities realise that when you are running, jumping, twisting and turning your arms do have to move away from your body?

Worse by far though was the offside decision that denied Patrick Bamford a goal for Leeds.

It was one of those where a midfielder is advancing with the ball and the strikers are waiting for the through ball. Bamford is positioned perfectly looking right along the line of defenders, safely onside, and when the ball comes, he sprints though and slots it away. Beautiful goal.

EXCEPT as he's standing there waiting, he points to where he wants the ball. You guessed it, his arm from the elbow down is ruled offside and the goal is ruled out. Can we have some common sense PLEASE?

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The part of his body that is off-side....being part of his arm is not a legal goal scoring item.....and so cannot be used to score a goal....yet officialdom penalizes that situation.....his feet were clearly onside and in this case shows that he is not infringing the rules....that's how I see it.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

FA Cup...Round 2...Draw.......Weekend of 28th/29th Nov.

Argyle...v...Lincoln

Another hard game but at home.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So our next four league games are....

Portsmouth.........home.
    Fleetwood.......... away
    Peterborough.....away
    Lincoln...............home

Throw in Charlton last Saturday....and that is 5 hard games in succession

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We can cope.........................we are Argyle.

VAR is a joke and I hate it. I actually thought that the rule was that if any part of your body you could score from was offside then it was ruled out. I'm sure I've heard that said more than once. Ergo he wasn't offside then. The two supposed handballs were a joke having seen both of them. You will get players aiming for the arm or hand deliberately.

11. notDistantGreen

Apart from being at home which is at least something, that's a crap draw again isn't it? Hard game but hardly a glamour team: having had Charlton away you'd have thought natural justice would have given us Canvey Island at home in the second round.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm sure Ryan Lowe is on the case regarding Jerome Opoku....it says that his loan spell is only until January......Will Fulham let him stay for the season ?....with Fulham in the Premiership that surely would be too much of a jump for him at the moment....although they are a struggling side there.
    Since he was moved to the centre of defence we have looked far better at the back....plus young Kell Watts improving all the time on the left side....the only question in my mind is....Aimson or Canavan on the right side...who is better ?

Tyrese Fornah is luckily a whole season loan from Nottingham Forest...I think he a regular now in mid-field....plus the human dynamo that is Panutche Camara we are looking quite threatening on the break.

What a shame we haven't got enough international calls on are squad so we can postpone matches....I'm surprised Portsmouth haven't got more calls on their squad....until recently they used to have games called off.....have they lost anyone for Mondays game ?

13. notDistantGreen

For me, Canavan plays in the middle of three or not at all. He's unlucky as he was doing OK until he had to isolate but I don't think Ryan Lowe will change the three incumbents while they go on playing as they are.

You can see those data analytics at work in Camara. Sarcevic was a dynamo up and down that right side of midfield and they've gone and found another one.

14. notDistantGreen

The Club has issued a further statement in relation to season tickets.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/november/update-from-the-ceo/

In summary, current season ticket holders may now ask for a partial or complete refund although they are asked to remember that the Covid closure of grounds is potentially an "existential crisis" for clubs including Argyle.

Also though, a new tranche of season tickets will be offered for sale. You might think you'd have to be mad to buy one now but considering the club needs support and that I'm spending £10 week on iFollow, I might just do it.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Literally just done my survey reply. Much to Mrs Sensible's disgust have said will keep my ticket. She just doesn't get the you pay them and then don't go thing. Mind you she doesn't understand offside either. Well actually not sure I do either. I did say that if Argyle went bust then I would be home every Saturday afternoon for ever more. Unlike her but she stopped arguing.

16. AWAY IN BC

If there was no Argyle, my Mrs. would be glad, so i wouldn't wake her up on Saturday mornings.
    Typical.....

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

She could always sleep in the spare room BC....then you could watch the game in bed.

18. AWAY IN BC

Hey why didn't i think of that.....not a chance.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that 97% of ST holders are not asking for a refund.

Simon Hallett says he is blown away by the generosity of the fans at such a time.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Looks like Portsmouth will be one player short next Monday.....they've got a sub on the bench for Eire against England tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.