1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

AUTUMN NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Sep 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What seemed to be a mystery over the signing of keeper Jack Ruddy not happening in time to be on the bench for the QPR game ...was in the end revealed as an international clearance requirement....seeing he had been playing in Spain for awhile.

Ryan Lowe seems to be keen to help kick-start his career with a contract until the new year.....and said at the post match press meeting that he would be starting him against Norwich U21's in the Tuesday evening Cup game.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyles 2nd round Carabao Cup match away at Leyton Orient will be played on Tuesday 15th September at 7.45 pm.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Gary Sawyer will be out for awhile with a knee injury....will Ryan Lowe feel able to cope with his present squad to cover for Sawyer's absence...or will he be looking for an experienced replacement.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ye has a big enough squad to cope with a few injuries. Can't see us signing anyone else now.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We seem to be getting conflicting reports on Gary Sawyer's injury....Some reports suggest that it is an ankle....but we've also been told that it was his knee.....what we do know (I hope) is that an x-ray showed no breakage....and that when the swelling goes down further assessment will then be possible.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ben Reeves has been put on a crash course to bring his fitness levels up to the required standard.....Reeves came to Argyle rather later than others....and he has been involved in one-to-one training sessions......and there are possibilities that he could be included in the squad for Saturdays opener against Blackpool.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ollie Tomlinson has gone to Barnstaple on a one month youth loan..

Plus Rubin Wilson at Dorchester....that now two of our youngsters hopefully getting more football time.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that John Sheridan has been made Wigan's new manager......gets about our John doesn't he.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I looked at the annual Fan's Trust Survey of opinions about the club. Unsurprisingly, it makes good reading. No less than 99% of respondents rated Ryan Lowe and is coaching team as Good or Very Good with an almost identical result for the team itself.

https://www.argylefanstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Survey-Analysis-2020-1.pdf

What did strike me though was the age profile of the respondents. Over half were over 55 and a quarter were over 65. Only 16% were between 16 and 35. Now it may be that this a self-selecting sample, in that only Old Farts have time to fill out surveys (I did it) but I can't help wondering if the effect of fake fans worshiping the Premier League from afar rather than supporting their hometown club is at play too.

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You only have to look about the Terraces on match day to see the age grouping of the crowd notdistant. I'd say it reflects the reality when it comes to the survey. Sad I know but home town team doesn't really matter to modern generations with access to anything they want. It only comes into play when there is something to celebrate and they can jump on the bandwagon.

11. notDistantGreen

It seems Bolton have done badly in per-season and lost 0-1 to Forest Green Rovers yesterday. Sadly, the abuse Antoni Sarcevic has been getting from Bolton fans has been such that he's suspended his Twitter account, on which he had a great relationship with Argyle fans.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sometimes the grass isn't greener over the other side of the hill......:huh:.

13. notDistantGreen

There was quite a bit of communication between the 2 groups of fans at the time if the transfer. I don't know what they were expecting but the PAFC fans were clear that he isn't the most skillful: Manchester Messi is nonsense. But the guy sweats blood for his team and has a rambustious style at both ends of the pitch, box to box. I can't imagine him giving less than 100% there as he did for us.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I expect their fans were looking for a scapegoat....there team has fallen from grace in the last few years....like a kamikaze pilot in free fall.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Joel Grant has signed a one year contract with Swindon.....hope he does well....but not against us of course.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Leyton Orient have been informed this morning (Mon 21st) that a number of their first team players have tested positive for Covid-19.....They have shut their facilities down at present and informed their last three opponents...Oldham, Argyle and Mansfield of the facts....they have also informed Spurs of the situation...they are playing them Tuesday evening....I expect Argyle will now test their players and staff to see if they are alright.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

PAFC have stated that they will take precautionary Covid-19 test before the Shrewsbury game...after being informed by Leyton Orient of Covid-19 positive results among their squad.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The Guardian newspaper has reported that 10 Orient players have tested positive for Covid-19....and that some of them didn't feel 100% well on Tuesday night against Argyle....Blimey does that mean we got off lightly losing only 3-2.

Of course I didn't need to read that in The Guardian....just needed to read that on pasoti this morning.....which we're told by sensible is where I get most of my info and opinions from.....not only that... he is now stalking my posts on pasoti as well.

I must of done something to upset him.....why am I being attacked and insulted ?.....did I kick his cat...or steal a pint of milk off his door step...or is he just being plain grumpy and I've been chosen as his victim....if I'm lucky it might be someone else's turn next week....but I doubt that....maybe it's because I supported Brexit....which in sensible's eyes means that I must be racist.....which probably means 52% of the country must be......maybe he just want's me to stop posting all together.....maybe the answer is just to ignore his insults....and not say anything that isn't kosher 'sensible' speak.

It does feel a little creepy that my posts on pasoti are being stalked... as well as my comments on here being seen as only pasoti thoughts that I am stealing.....maybe the answer is to just ignore it all and not take any notice....lets hope the football continue's and we don't have to face a lockdown again and things lighten up... and we can resume in a reasonably peaceful way.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Further news in the Telegraph this morning suggests that with Orient's ground closed and substantial amount of players unavailable because of Covid-19 ...and with no room in the calendar for a re-scheduling....Spurs would be give the match by default.

20. notDistantGreen

Ryan Lowe reported as attending Everton's Under 23 game last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.