1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Aubameyang

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Tons of sources saying our team is agreeing terms with Aubameyang today, with the deal set to be complete by the end of the week.

What do you guys think?
    Great at Dortmund, great at Arsenal before he and Arteta went to war, great at Barca too in recent months (11 goals in 17 games).
    If he can carry that form over and we utilise him properly, he may be a great addition for a season or two.
    Obviously not a long term solution at 33, but if Zlatan, Lewandowski and Ronaldo can still bang the goals in, way in to their 30's, its possible.

Word is we will get him for around £15-20m.

Naas Blue likes this.
  2. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Get the deal done....it's a no-brainer !!!

The Ginger Marks and Bodinki like this.
  3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

At that price, why hasn’t he already been signed? Broja as understudy could be a cracker in another year too.
    Get cracking Todd. !!!

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Hope this comes off I think he is exactly what we need in the short term.

5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Looks like this will happen before the weekend. If he doesn’t score then I think it’s down to the system, he’s scored everywhere else. Will free up Sterling to play from the left too.

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Aubameyang will score, how many depends on the system we play, maybe, but having a focal point upfront will give the midfield something to aim at as at the moment we have no one. Don't deride Havertz he is a square peg trying to fit in a round hole, when he is played as a support to Auba we may see why we paid so much money for him.

Naas Blue and Diego like this.
  7. Naas Blue

8. Naas Blue

Don't know where that last post went. I was half pissed so it was probably ****e anyway.

9. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

For £15m he’s definitely worth a punt. He’ll score goals for sure but is not a long term solution for us. After watching the Arsenal documentary I am worried that he won’t have the right attitude for the team. I get the feeling that Audi is no nonsense and Auba seems to bring a fair amount of that. Hopefully it will be the relationship the had at Dortmund rekindled.

Naas Blue likes this.
  10. Chelsea Pensioner

Mostly we hear Audi is really good with players. He is looking stressed though blaming buses for poor results. Cant understand why Trevoh Chalobah isnt getting a run he was in the team when we were flying last season, and was great with Reece at wing back in front of him. He needs them upstairs to get the defender snd striker positions done do he can have certainty with his squad and concentrate on just getting us sorted and playing consistantly.

11. Gareth1808

I agree Havertz isn’t a 9 but in this system with 3 at the back, what is he? He’s not a wide player and wouldn’t be in the midfield two either. He’s probably best playing off the striker but like a lot of our other players, he doesn’t seem to suit our system.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

I cant figure out what our system is anymore. We havent had a goalscorer since before Audi took over and several promising players have fsllen out of favour. Midfield cant get decent ball to front runners, only players like Mount and pulisic/ziyech/CHO look like scoring, everything goes down the sidelines, no one attacks the goal directly except Kova who rarely scores.
    Back 4 has rarely worked, back 3 was brilliant then Chalobah mysteriously fell out of favour ,Reece was wasted there and we let Rudi and Christensen leave on frees.
    If there is a plan, love to see it.
    50 mill for Anthony Gordon ???? Thats not a plan. We need players who can do things not another one “for the future”.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agreed,
    And whoever at Chelsea thinks Maguire is gonna be our saviour needs the sack

14. Gareth1808

Agree, seems to be a real lack of planning this summer. A natural goalscorer would help but if you look at the team that played Leeds at the weekend I’d have said Mount, Loftus Cheek, Havertz, James & Gallagher were all out of position. That’s half the team and there doesn’t seem to be any idea as to the sort of players we need. How many centre backs have we tried to get this summer?

15. Chelsea Pensioner

Spot on about players out of position. Trouble I’m having is why? Why Can’t Trevoh play at right back, Cucurella at left back, Silva in the middle, Reece at right wing back and Chilwell left Wing back, That gets 5 of them in better positions. I’d play Mount right of front 3, Broja in the middle and Sterling left of front 3. Gallagher in mid field with Kova. Plenty of pace back to front,Kova through the middle, and some players we know link well down left and right.
    Might not be our best team but at least I reckon. we’d have some cohesion.

16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

As usual, nothing is simple and this is still dragging on.
    Terms have been agreed with the player, but Chelsea and Barca are quibbling over the price.
    We keep offering under £20m, our latest offer was £16m. And Barca want closer to £25m.
    One thing in our favour is that they desperately need money before the window shuts otherwise they cant register Jules Kounde in their squad until January, so Barca may bow to pressure, but right now we just need a striker and need to get this deal done. Too much pissing about

17. Chelsea Pensioner

Quibbling over 5 mill for a proven striker which we needed for 3 years, when looking to pay over 80 for Fofana and 50 forAnthony Gordon suggests our recruitment is still badly focused and not professional enough.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I know its ridiculous.
    Anthony Gordon, I wouldnt touch with a barge pole. Watched Everton a lot since Frank took over and he has shown me nothing that makes me think
    Fofana i'd have but for no more than £50m
    There's even rumours that we have discussed Maguire with Man Utd! I mean come on ffs, thats taking the piss!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  19. Gareth1808

A real lack of planning, need someone in charge of recruitment so this doesn’t happen again. No way is Fofana an 80M player, get someone else. Gordon is worth about half what we’re paying and if we have to pay 30M for Aubameyang I wouldn’t get him either, he’s 33 and his game mostly relies on pace, we’ll get one year out of him.

20. Chelsea Pensioner

I think we need to start with Audi. If he’s the man for the next 3 years ( I think that is already in negotiation) then he needs to define how he’s setting us up and what style we will play. Then identify which players we already have that suit that, get rid of the rest and bring in only players that fit. That would exclude the Anthony Gordons who are no more than a prayer and a hope they will turn out great, but have so far done zilch. We have an academy full of them, and another pile on loan that are at least a match for Gordon at this stage. Get it together or we’ll keep doing what we’ve done so badly for the last 5 years and do the same for the next 10 !!