1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Au revoir Monsieur Clement

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Sep 30, 2017.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Britton signed for Sheffield June 10th or 11th , Sousa left Swansea by mutual consent July 4 th ... 3 weeks later . Sheffield is at least as far away from London as Swansea so the daughter thing just don't fit . And Sousa WAS having a dig at Britton AND the club with his remarks about the " Biggest Wage Ever Offered " . Trying to make his own player look bad in front of the rank and file and digging at Huw for not spending any money ( using Britton's " Biggest Wage Offer offer to say how little we spend .. Britton was already choked at Sousa in December for going public ( again , trying to make Britton look bad to the fans ) with Leon being offered the " Best wage " ever in December already . Monk and Sousa relationship took a nose dive when Monk tried to shake the refs hand after a game we had a bad call and Sousa ( I think ) physically took Monk's hand away from the handshake offer by Monk to the ref

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

He was not having a dig at all....where do you get all this rubbish? Sousa was a good manager for us the way he had us wining games without a striker. Leon threw his toys out of his pram when he was dropped and was an angry young man who could not persuade his girlfriend to move to London with him, I't was effecting his play on the pitch and Sousa had every right to drop him.......If Jenkins had listened to Sousa about getting a good striker then the position we were in there was a very good chance we could have won promotion that season...

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

And now we have Clement belittling Leon (the man who saved us and Clements job) by playing him in the u23s <grr>

DragonPhilljack and Bob the slob like this.
  4. swanseaandproud

5. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

My mistake on the dates (June and July mixed up).
    The point about Britton going to Sheffield not London was picked up at the time and he lost a lot of credibility because many fans (myself included) felt it was fair enough if he was missing his kid. Which is what was being rumoured the season before.
    Comments from Sheffield and Leon also suggest indicate he made few friends in Yorkshire and leaving was a mistake. Given they returned a £1 million rated player to us for £50,000 to get him off the payroll is also telling. He fitted us not them and he fitted us under all managers even if the current one doesn't know it.
    Your interpretation of Sousa's comments are your take on an honest comment.
    As I commented, Leon had the chance to leave in January and chose to run the clock down on his contract.
    Sousa and Monk were already at odds - Monk couldn't stand Sousa just as he couldn't get on with Laudrup - both managers who, as players, were vastly superior to him as a player. Monk was an arrogant lower league player and managed to fall out with many people.
    Nothing will convince me that Monk didn't act against the interests of Swansea City under both managers. Under Sousa our promotion challenge tailed off for no apparent reason. But there is a whopping big clue in Monk's autobiography:
    “I’m glad we didn’t get into the play-offs with Paulo, as he did not deserve to be the one to take us to the Premiership. He had not earned that right. I saw Paulo’s time in charge as a wasted season.”
    That from a man who led a defence that was leakier than the North Bank roof!
    And then there was the sight of the club captain getting into fights with team mates.
    For many Monk is a god for others he's a very lucky and manipulative individual.
    The handshake issue? Again I'm on Sousa's side because it was an honest reaction. Fast forward to Monk the manager who was shaking hands one minute and then, '... blasting Michael Oliver for the referee’s “disgusting” decision in awarding a penalty for a foul on Stoke’s Victor Moses, which he claimed was a blatant dive.'
    I admit I don't like and never was taken with Monk as a player or manager - imo he's a phoney who was quick to take credit off others (Tate & Flores) and quicker to blame others and (as I said before) put himself before the Swans.
    His only answer was to train harder and it didn't work. The season we finished 8th under him was an achievement built on some of the most boring football imaginable and gained from half our games in which we scored just 1 or no goals. Found out the next season and having brought in payers who were neither typical Swansea or English style we saw our standards and points nosedive.

Sousa is very self confident in the way most managers are can be seen as arrogant but his comment,
    “When I left Swansea, my ambition pushed me to take decisions in the direction of better infrastructures, better club history and higher prospects to reach the Premier League.Instead of seeing the whole forest, I saw only the beautiful tree in front of me. Swansea has lots of beautiful trees, but at that moment I didn’t recognise that. That I regret.”
    As was his comment about transfers was open and honest and reverential towards Swansea City.

I really appreciated Sousa - honest and gifted.
    So he upset a middle of the road CB and maybe a player was influenced to leave. How unheard of and dreadful is that?

6. Bob the slob

In all honesty does Clement have the ability or is it down to a poor squad?
    Even with a god squad I don't see Clement as wing up to the job.
    A real shame because I thought he was going to be a really exciting boss.

7. swanseaandproud

Yes i thought we at last found a good boss but i soon realized i was miles out...

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Anyone was going to look good after Bob Yankee!.................................<laugh>

9. Bob the slob

Have we, as Swansea fans, given up on the club?
    I've had a trawl on fan site, forum and press and there is barely a bleat about Clement losing his job.
    Having had a look back to 1999 - 2000 this is the first time we've been in the relegation places after 7 games and only last season did we have fewer points (4 last year / 5 this) a harder start last season too.
    Last season the manager was sacked after 7 games and weeks of pressure.
    This season? Hardly a word.

10. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

yes sure you did <laugh>

seabreeze likes this.

11. swanseaandproud

Manager required for a run down premiership club.......No experience needed as the chairman runs the club and he will tell you what to do....Good pay with a guaranteed £2m if you get sacked......Anyone with experience need not apply as we wont pay the going rate and we wont let you bring in players you want...
    If interested Contact Swansea Football Club .......A team with no ambition.....

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  12. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

As I see it as a Bluebird, I think you are a tad over the top.

It is early doors and there is more than 3 teams worst than Swansea, over the full season things will improve.

Just be thankful that you are into your umpteen season in the prem.

The top 6 or 7 will not change money talks all you should hope for is not being in the bottom 3.

My bet would be 14-15th.

13. swanseaandproud

Relegation this season if we dont get someone who can turn a bunch of mediocre players into a team that can compete with like minded clubs...

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Bollocks , WTF are you on about , again

seabreeze likes this.
  15. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

The opposite ... :)

16. swanseaandproud

<laugh> Remind me where are we in the table and how many goals have we scored <ok>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  17. Bob the slob

You would have seen three worse teams but they are already Championship sides.
    I hate to say it but nothing I've seen from Swansea , so far this season, gives me hope of a better future under Clement. And in some ways, given what happened to managers over the last 2 seasons, I'm surprised he's not been given his P45 already.

18. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I don't think we're ready for another sacking. The last three appointments have all been knee jerk reactions and made to save our skins from relegation. It has been one mistake after another. I think Clement shows signs of being a good boss and then drops some clangers. I think most people are hoping he can shake off what appears to be his natural cautious approach and turn into a more flamboyant manager. It will take time, but hopefully he will get there.

aswan_dam likes this.
  19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

You are a dreamer! Have to say that short of a miracle and Clement seeing the 'light', the writing is on the wall as I see it, just a matter of a few more games before the bookies drop the odds through the floor.............<laugh>

swanseaandproud and Bob the slob like this.
  20. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I just saw your bookie driving past in a new Porsche Phil <laugh>