1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Au revoir Monsieur Clement

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Sep 30, 2017.

1. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

You cutting up your season ticket is not great but a small price to pay to stop you playing against Newport in a few years.

2. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I notice you haven't mentioned the might bloo birds , don't you think this is your year then <whistle>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

You're right, the way Newport are playing they could be the next Welsh team in the Premiership <laugh>

4. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Unless we get a decent coach we will anyway. (Sam is not the answer. But I think he would come just to gloat.)

seabreeze likes this.
  5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

We are the only Premier League club who has lost 4 of their last 5 games ( losses against West Ham , Leicester , Arsenal and Brighton .... with the exception of Arsenal , all teams we will be fighting relegation with .) . As Bugs would say " Bon Voyagey " Clement , not that I think he's a bad manager but that he's lost control of player moral .

6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

No!.....He is a bad manager, Clueless in fact...<laugh> The tea lady would get more points.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I see lots of benefits of sacking Paul Clement, a replacement that understands an offensive game, a coach who trains the players on how to keep the ball while under pressure, a coach that understands team movement off the ball, a coach that doesn't play outfield players in defence, to plug the idiotic sale of defender in transfer window, a coach that recruits to strengthen our weak positions, a coach that doesn't wast money on loading the midfield with average players, a coach that can motivate the players, a coach that identifies issues such as set piece play and train the most gifted we have to deliver better than a sunday park side, a coach that can identify the most talented players he has at his disposal, a coach that can use his subs to change a game.

Any new coach need only review video of the game played under Martinez and Rodgers to see how it's done properly, what Clement serves up is absolutely dire, a crime against the beautiful game, of course Huw Jenkins is complicit in all this as well, if he had any moral fibre he would have resigned by now.

Do we need a new coach? Good grief, does it really need to be asked?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  8. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

An experienced coach whose credentials we know and need probably won't want to come so it will be another gamble on someone who's new to the PL. So what's the point? On the subject of losing the dressing room which is being mooted especially by one who's never got anything good to say about the Swans, I saw it clearly with Laudrup and Monk but haven't seen it myself yet with the present coach.

9. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

I've not heard that the players want him out.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  10. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

No names but let's say it's the usual suspect.

11. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

I knew you meant Dai <cheers>

My contact at the ground told me, inter alia, in advance about both Bradley's impending departure & last week about the Stadium announcement this Monday.

But nothing (so far?) about Clement losing the changing room

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  12. DragonPhilljack

What makes our football more hard to bare, is the fact that we pay these bunch of Ponce's £92 Million in wages to serve up this dross! Yes you read right our wage bill is the same as Southampton, Stoke etc and just under West ham, whose wage bill is £95 Million, and more than Leicester, whose wage bill is £90 Million, there are 7 teams above us in the table, who are paying far less in wages and performing far better, take for example Watford currently 9th in the table, their wage bill is £41 Million? less than half our bill, which tells you all you need to know where the club is going badly wrong, from recruitment to wages wasted to clueless players and manager, it's a disgrace to see the dross that we have to watch knowing the level of wages this bunch of under achievers are receiving, all this directed by a Chairman way out of his league, and who has badly lost the plot..................<ok>

Link: https://talksport.com/football/ever...heir-total-wage-bill-2016-17-171109261432?p=4

13. Bob the slob

:emoticon-0140-rofl:

14. swanseaandproud

The wage bill has been slashed since the talkshite thread....Just look at the players that have left and their wages and all the players out on loan....They have wasted millions on bony and clueless to bring the wage back up though but not to the same level......

15. DragonPhilljack

A good example of wasted wages, if correct is the £8 Million for on loan Sanchez, what a duffer...................<ok>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  16. swanseaandproud

He is too good to play with our sub standard players....Messi would not look anywhere near the standard he is if he played for us.......

seabreeze likes this.
  17. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Sanchez has been utter crap Dai.

18. swanseaandproud

And i told you the reason why..valley

19. DragonPhilljack

“We might have to grind a result out somewhere, we might have to win ugly just to stop this vicious cycle of poor performance, bad result, poor performance, bad result. A lot of the players in this group have been in this situation before and we have belief we can get out of it, but we don’t want this continuing on and on and on. We have to do something about it soon.” - Clement

Those aren’t exactly the words of a man with a plan, now are they?

20. Bob the slob

seabreeze likes this.