1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Attendances at the Mem

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gastronomic, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Wonder where all those missing fans have gone this season?

2017/18 seasons average was 8,933
    Last seasons average was 8,320
    So far this season the average home attendance is 7,203

Hopefully our current form and league position will get a few more fair weather fans back, and last Saturday's attendance was a bit better, but still over 1,000 down on a couple of seasons ago.

Spread the word. GC's boys are doing the business and having a real go this term. Let's get the Mem full and rocking again!<cool>

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

According o the press a few weeks ago down 13%. the football we are playing at the moment is better than it has been for a good while, I am wondering if it's because of the lack of movement on the new Stadium / training facilities

3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

A fair few of my mates who have stuck with the club through thick and thin have given up coming on a regular basis this year, they just pick and choose the odd game now rather than turning up every Saturday. I think the main reason is not the peformances or the current league standing but more so the overwhelming feeling of lack of ambition from the people running this club, there just dosen't seem to be any fire in the belly to push this football club forward and on up to the next level.

4. Gastronomic

Perhaps some time in the playoff places, or pushing for an automatic place is the shot in the arm needed.

old timer likes this.
  5. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I wonder what the attendances will be like around this time next year after our long awaited return to the second tier ? I wonder what the Mem might look like ? Some kind of two tiered tented arena I should imagine reminiscent of A Baden - Powell 1950's weekend jamboree that might make the executive boxes at Kenilworth Road look positively exotic !!

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I think some people don't like GC. It didn't go down too well when he said we went too gung ho against Coventry when we only had 1 shot on target which was in injury time. That was a bad comment to make. Some of the football this season has been poor. I think some just want entertainment and would rather see us play well and lose over play bad and win. Also some don't like the owners either. Broken promises etc has put people off until new owners arrive.

Now the performances are improving and getting good results too, while sitting pretty in 4th, some have decided to come back. Before the last home game vs MK Dons, nearly all, if not all, attendances at the Mem have been below 7k this season.

old timer likes this.
  7. Gastronomic

He's a great manager, and he's brought in some good players who have definitely improved the side. They're a funny lot, some of our fans.

old timer likes this.