1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Atletico vs United CL Round of 16

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Shaw, Pogba, Bruno, Fred were all woeful.
    Mate they lost their 3 home games in the group stages iirc.

I just think we turned up expecting to play Leeds again. They were hungrier and looked more organised. You SHOULD expect that and have the same desire and organisation. Had we had that imo we win that game. Look at Elanga's goal. They were vulnerable.

Diego likes this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Just looking at the table I think that's them out of the race for top 4. We of course have to win our games, but I think it's between us and Arsenal now.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Rangnick vexxxxxed <laugh>

Fair play that's what you want to hear from a manager. Good man.

(Still fcked up with the starting line up though)

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That’s too early to call. We have tough games coming up which we are certain to drop points. If they win their two games in hand and with our difficult set of games, they are still right in there. Unless they play City every week. lol

5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

"To start with, we could do with him (Victor Lindelof) in aerial duels, set-pieces, free-kicks for and against us. All three centre-halves were in good shape, but after seven minutes we were 1-0 down the plan was in the dustbin. I knew this was not his best position, when we had Aaron Wan-Bissaka on the ball and Alex Telles, we had more possession and more assistance from the wings. In the end, due to the early goal it was difficult.”

What a stupid setup! Reading those Rangnick comment makes it even more stupid to have set the team up that way. It’s like setting ourselves up to fail.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It would be interesting to see what each of our remaining games are. We have to play them and arsenal as well. I think arsenal's games in hand are vs Livpl and Chelsea iirc.

Of course you have to wonder what we're playing for, if once we get 4th we play in the CL like we have <whistle>

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It was. But did you hear what he said before that quote? I thought he was spot on, took no prisoners and called the first half absolutely right. No bullshit from him and I like that.

cytrax and Diego like this.
  8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

His press conferences are usually spot on. He doesn’t mince his words.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    Treble and Diego like this.
  9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

If we can somehow and miraculously get to the last four of the Champion’s League, then….

Right now, I’ve written off the season to save myself of further sorrows. lol

Treble likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Bingo!! I thought I was the only crazy one.
    5C18C1BE-3E56-431D-84EF-B5CF226AAEC1.jpeg

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He's been piss poor for quite a while now. Elanga is pretty much taking his place from him as it currently stands.

Maybe he'll move to centre forward once Ronaldo and Cavani leave but at the minute, he'd be not much cop there either.

He's no divine right to be in the first eleven and needs to up his game, hugely.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Anyone listen to Ferdinand and Scholesy talking about Rashford?

Rio: Elanga is playing without fear.

Scholes: He (Rashford) is the opposite at the moment. He overthinks it. He thinks he has to do something with the ball every time he gets it.

When I was going through a bad period the manager told me to keep it simple. Make simple passes and get yourself into the game.

Rio: The other thing you're told is if you're not doing it on the ball then focus on what you're doing off it. Chase the ball down, get in players' faces, get physical, win the ball.

Scholes: You need someone to be saying this to him on the pitch.

It was really interesting listening to both and they said it far better than I've posted it from memory. When I listened to them, I could just imagine how the old guard must've been like for the youngsters coming through. And the fact that I don't think there's any senior players there to offer that advice except maybe Cavani and Ronaldo.

cytrax and Bumps like this.