1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Aston Villa vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I under estimated the value of their front line yesterday as I only valued Abraham at £10m......it was actually closer to £60m and they still couldn't beat us......

QPR Oslo and bunmahon_ranger like this.
  2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Just going off Soccerbase who I assume quote the initial fee only...

McCormack £12m now poncing about on loan in Australia
    Kodjia £11m played out of position to accommodate an expensive loan
    Hogan £9m nowhere to be seen to accommodate the above
    Bolasie a £25m player not long ago. Bet that’s not a cheap loan.

Some tasty undisclosed fees there too.

3. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Don't forget Albert £3.5m from Boro, bet he was delighted we got a point yesterday...…..:1980_boogie_down:

If they don't go up this year they're deep in FFP doggy do, last year it was reported that the then owner was putting in £1m a week from his own money to keep them afloat and they had losses of circa £36m only allowing them another loss of £3m this year......they've had to pay off Bruce, compensate Brentford, doubt the racist went there for the good of his health, and they still think they can splash the cash...…..

Rangers Til I Die and Totallyqpr like this.
  4. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

I see Abraham is lined up with wolves for 18mil...they'll need a new striker obviously...

5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I was going to reply to this at the time Col, but held off because I hadn't seen any replays. Having watched the extended highlights, it reinforces my view that Eze's chance was much the easier and that he really should have scored. Freeman's effort was on target, but blocked. I don't agree with all the criticism of Eze, but you seem to want to pick holes in Freeman's play just to counter the Eze critics. Eze played well yesterday, but Freeman was MOM for me, scoring a beauty and setting up the second. I think the reason Freeman doesn't get the same abuse that Eze gets when he loses the ball is that you know he will do all he can to get it back again, whereas Eze just seems to shrug his shoulders. It's probably a false perception, and I don't necessarily believe that he is, but he gives some the impression of being lazy. I admire his skill and natural ability as much as you do, but I do think he needs to add a little bit more grit to his game. Freeman is the more important player for us at the moment, but Eze could go on to play at the top level if he puts in the effort.

6. Bwood_Ranger

Freeman was MOM by a mile. Exceptional performance- maybe our single performance of the season.

7. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Have seen the reports and read this thread...…...are or were we really boing or were Villa just unable to take the ball? I remember when we had Wilkins playing for us, we had this uncanny knack of always passing the ball. Maybe Villa were unable to do this hence the assault on our keeper.

8. Bwood_Ranger

They had plenty of the ball but did little with it after a very fast start resulting in the first goal. However Villa fans and staff are unable to blame the gaping holes in their team.

The Smith sub really cost us IMO. If he’d brought Oteh on instead we’d have won.

9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Have you played?
    A volley falling out of the air onto your weaker foot, or a ball rolling along the floor onto your weaker foot?
    My lad said it was a tougher chance the moment he saw it.
    I really rate Freeman and he does work harder than a lot of other similar players.
    However, he never seems to get criticised for trying too much and not always passing when he should. Eze gets slaughtered.
    Freeman also appears to me to be quite a moaner, often throwing his arms up and whinging at team mates.
    I'd agree that Freeman is our most important player going forward on present form, I'd just like people to give a youngster like Eze a bit more of a chance. Particularly as he's by far our most gifted player.

10. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Clives' report.....

QPR make their point amidst Villa Park controversy - Report
    Wednesday, 2nd Jan 2019 18:46 by Clive Whittingham
    QPR saw 2019 in with a creditable point, and two fantastic goals, in a controversial 2-2 draw with Aston Villa on New Year's Day.

This was Queens Park Rangers’ third and final visit to Birmingham this season and if you needed a microcosm of just how far they’ve progressed under Steve McClaren in 2018/19 then those three games are surely it.

The first was in August, up the road in West Bromwich, and was how I imagine a fight between me and Anthony Joshua might go. A fight in which Joshua is allowed to arm himself with an iron bar. And a sawed-off shotgun. It was 5-1 when we decided to leave, 6-1 before we’d got to the bottom of the steps and 7-1 before we’d made it out of the ground. Alright, alright, we’re going. Jeez. QPR’s worst defeat since 1986. Things, it would be fair to say, did not look promising. They looked the farthest thing from promising.

Read the rest here: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footb...r-point-amidst-villa-park-controversy--report

11. Stroller

Yes I have played and I'd have fancied myself to score Eze's chance. Obviously your son is the footballing oracle, though.

12. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

This is good...….

13. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

One of our goals of the season - great defending, superb pass by Freeman, great run and cross by Pav, and an emphatic finish by the very poor :emoticon-0136-giggl Eze

QPR Oslo likes this.
  14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

rangercol likes this.
  15. rangercol

He clearly knows more than you.

16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I'd guess you were a left winger...;)

17. Stroller

You mean he agrees with you, which is not the same thing at all.

You should both take another look at the two chances, which are really too different from one another to be directly comparable. Freeman is wide of goal with a defender in front of him, who makes the block, whilst Eze is in the centre of goal and just needs to get it on target to score. Yes, the way the ball arrives to Eze is a factor, but I still maintain that his is the better chance.

As I sad Col, you were just too keen to defend Eze by running down Freeman.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  18. rangercol

You're talking bollocks Strolls.
    And don't make ****ing assumptions about my Son.

19. Bwood_Ranger

Eze’s chance was Ezier. Still more difficult than it looked but a player of his ability shouldn’t be skying that. Freeman’s shot probably wouldn’t have gone in even if it wasn’t blocked.

20. rangercol

Freeman didn't catch the shot as well as he could have.
    It could be argued that Eze caught the volley far too well as it really flew, which made it look a bad miss.
    Imo, had it flown into the top corner, fans (obviously not the haters) would have been calling it a worldy!
    It really wasn't an easy chance and people saying things like "I'd have fancied myself to score that" really expose their ignorance.

Anyway, what we should focus on is that Freeman is in great form, scoring a screamer and then playing in Pawel with a lovely pass to lead to the 2nd goal.
    Also, Eze had a return to form and his goal was an excellent finish too.