1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Aston Villa: Now What?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

And Villa thought they already hit rock bottom...

2. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Sorry to see Aston Villa go.I always enjoyed my visits to Villa Park.
    I can't see one of the founders of the Football League going for good.The club's too big and they have great fans.
    Their problem,I guess,was to sell their best players and get in a lot that didn't care much,except to pick up their wage cheque.
    I wonder if David Moyes could do a job for them.........?

3. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Villa currently remind me a lot of QPR when they went down - a strange and unbalanced mix of overpaid has-beens, over-rated journeymen and unproven youngsters.

I fear that the reconstruction job will be too great for them to bounce back immediately, although their relatively massive name and financial clout means that they'll get the job done quicker than QPR are doing. Having said that, once upon a time I said the same thing about Leeds and look at where they ended up. All it needs is for Lerner to sell to a Venky's type owner and we may never hear from villa again.

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When Villa face Forest next season it will be the first time that two European Cup winners will have played each other in the second tier.
    That's not just in England, but across the whole of Europe.

5. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Lord,that Boro v Brighton game is going to be a doozy.Gotta watch it!

6. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Aston Villa are currently the 2nd worst team in premier league history (after derby with 11 points). They need 2 points from their last 2 games to over take the second worst team (Sunderland with 17 point).

The lowest under the old 1st division is 17 points by stoke (42 games per season) from the 2nd world war onwards.

That imo does not bode well for them next season. They will have a problem shifting players. They will need players willing to graft and that's something that has not existed at the club this season.