1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aston Villa A

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Also, why in GODS NAME make TWO subs when losing.

Have a go! Chuck Bishop on for a full back last 5 or something.

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Another one that we have all been saying since August.

3. Westlake33

Yeah agreed with that also. Try something else. Seriously not impressed with various aspects to this ' management ' to date.

4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Sorry but betting on your own side to lose is amongst lowest of the low!

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Ordinarily I’d agree but it’s not very often you can predict the outcome of matches with such precision. Our away form is just as consistent as Solskjaer’s Man United.

6. Westlake33

Unfortunately Big Al ( and not excuse for it - not that I'm searching for one ) I was about 99% confident we'd lose today - so I thought ' You know what, IF we're going to lose a game of football I may aswell have some more ££££ )

I'd much rather have lost my £7, believe me.

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Anyway I just remembered that we agreed not to talk about gambling on this forum. Let’s move on.

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Norwich City in a couple of weeks’ time. Anybody fancy our chances?

9. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Can’t see anything but a defeat. Back to a typical 2-0

Westlake33 likes this.
  10. Westlake33

Not really either - I guess in a derby anything can happen ?!!

11. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

We might be really fired up for this one and pull a surprise cracker! Thats assuming we have a professional f...
    ing ref!

1-2 to Town

12. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Glad to see we went with one of Keane or Quaner and not try and shoe horn them into the same side without really changing the system. Quaner also looked a lot better when he came on and starting to show signs of being the sort of player we need.

Judge should be playing behind the striker (in this system).. Not out wide. That article about him being a No.10 and Lambert agreeing seems a bit pointless now if he's not going to get some minutes there.

Edwards must have been one of the players Lambert took aim at after Accrington given he's our only 'recognised' winger and can't make the squad.

Midfield 3 of Skuse, Chalobah & Downes is understandable away from home, but someone like Bish or Judge has to be in place of Downes or Chalobah for the home fixtures. Being industrious doesn't score you many goals and creativity is massively lacking.

13. Westlake33

I think I'm at the point where we might aswell try and go BFJ - and have a right go at sides. Defensively, especially away from home we're absolutely incapable. 13 a row in the league of conceding 2 or more, what is the point going to a side and not having a right go?

Lambert's ' use of subs ' I'm going to put loosely - Bishop zero minutes and Jackson on in 90. What are you playing at man. 2-1 down when Sears scored, have a bloody go. Be open, sure, we might lose 3-1 / 4-1 but we won't ( I doubt ) be going doing on goal difference so have a go.

Mick got lambasted for Skuglus / maybe rightly so but Skualoah appears fine this season. Now I've seen little of us due to location, but is this combination working? Really?

I would rather get Bishop in the side if he's fit - vs Accrington second half he was very good - hardly kicked a ball since.

May be risky, but if Judge has been brought in as an AMC / 10 - let him play there. Let Skuse sit and perhaps given Bishop a chance - I don''t see any issue with trying a midfield 3 of Skuse/ Bishop + Judge at least for one game.

Bit of talk doing the mill Chalobah may have some terms in his loan stating he has to play X amount of games - I would not rule that out.

14. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

It is worlds about from Skuglas as Chalobah for all his faults is an absolute athlete. There is some player in there which we have seen a couple of fleeting glimpses of this season. He has (and will) make mistakes but he is perhaps the most dynamic player we have in the middle and covered for Skuse admirably when he was injured. He probably needs to be given more license to get forward, but clearly his natural game/instructions are a little more conservative.

Whilst I accept Chalobah and Skuse playing together, we do need something else in there in terms of skill set. With Downes in there we work hard and move the ball OK but don't really do a lot above that. Bishop and Judge would be the obvious choices, particularly at home and I would like to see Skuse and Judge holding with Bish (or even Chalobah) ahead of them as Judge can dictate play from deep far better than anyone else at the club.

15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

This is not intended to be argumentative and yes we may as well go hell for leather rather than the no man’s land were in at the moment.

But I think a 5-3-2 might suit the playing staff we have best.

We don’t have any brilliant wingers at the club (Edwards is a decent footballer but he doesn’t get to the byline and whip crosses in, that’s not his game).

Our full backs are not the best defenders and we keep playing two central defensive midfielders.

A 5-3-2 solves all of this.

Play Kenlock and Knudsen as wing backs, one on each side, let them swap over and give the opposition full backs all sorts of problems. Donacien I do believe is the best right back option but I can’t see him bombing up and down the wing.

3 central defenders makes us more solid at the back both from the wings and in terms of freeing up that extra defensive midfielder to get forward.

Sorry Chalobah but Skuse is solid so gets the nod from me.

Then we have two attacking midfielders - Judge and Bishop or Judge and Downes being the obvious combinations but Edwards, Dozzell and others could play there.

Then any combination of Sears, Jackson, Harrison, Quaner, Keane, Lankester, Edwards are going to start scoring some goals.. because they have proper support from the midfiled and crosses are coming in from the wing backs instead of the forwards having to go out wide to compensate.

We’d have a far more solid backline and get three or four attacking players on the end of chances then.

itfcptc and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  16. Westlake33

F F S Hampy if you talk sense and don't go on the wind up we're in danger of getting on, quality post.

Another good option.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  17. Westlake33

Usually I'd agree with you regarding balance but we in no way shape or form can defend so I'd give it a go one game.

What's the worse that can happen, standard away loss?

Chalobah may well be an athlete but he won't be here past this season / hasn't pulled up trees etc so could come on later.

18. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I agree think we need to go 532.

Bart
    Emmannuel, Pennington, Collins, Chambers, Kenlock
    Downes, Judge, Skuse
    Sears, Keane

We've got no effective wingers. This also gets the best out of who I believe is our best striker Sears.

19. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Teddy on fire U23s. Hits 3! I would bring him on as 1st sub, if not start the lad. One of our few creative midfield.

20. Westlake33

Start Saturday for me, can do no more and we need wins. He can do the ugly side of the game too so I genuinely wouldn’t have an issue with him / Skuse cm / Judge ahead.

At WORST if chasing he MUST play 25 - 30

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.