1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: The Championship - As It Stands Right Now | Football, Championship

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Jul 29, 2011.

1. HealthySaint

HealthySaint Member

loving your take on us!

2. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Would be great to see Saints do well this season(after the opening game of coUrse!),just can't see you contending for promotion just yet,a season too early.
    Great set up down at St.Marys,decent manager,no false injection of cash-proper football club.

3. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I think southampton will do exactly what leeds did last season, just miss out on play-offs

4. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

Cardiff will need to replace Bothroyd and Chopra and keep Bellamy. But there is a positive side to those losses, that is that it will give Parkin a chance to show them what he can do. It will also give Malky the urge to sign a new and decent striker. Kisnorbo of Leeds is a good player. Matt Mills is the most overrated player in the history of the universe. 5mill for Mills. Watch out Michael, Sven's the next big comedian.

5. Romsey_Saint

Romsey_Saint Well-Known Member

Very good post!

4-4-2 predict 10th for Saints and when we had a poll on our board most of us thought 10-13th place. It's true (nice to read too) the comments about us being well set up and being sensible about splashing cash - very good manager too - best we've had since Strachan (and we've had alot!).

Hope Leeds do well this year; really pleased (not to mention encouraged) by what you and Norwich achieved last season. I think you will make the play-offs this season. West Ham will be in the hunt for one of the auto-promotions. Leicester should with their spending be in the play-off mix. Talk of Hull being in there too; am not sure I would agree with those who have written that here - no disrespect intended - but probably mid-table. Birmingham may struggle with the loss of manager and players, but should be in the play-off mix.

6. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

I don't get what some people's issues are with us. Even if the 3 that game down are stronger than the 3 that went up, it doesn't push anyone down the league. Where people get this "losing players" nonsense from is completely beyond me, we've lost 3 first team players, replaced 2 with better and are on the verge of doing the same with the 3rd. We're stronger than last season and even then we were unlucky to finish 7th. Ipswich have improved slightly, Leicester have signed lots of players to replace players of similar quality, Hull have signed a load of reserves and Cardiff have lost a few players. I don't think anyone can judge how tough the league will be until it starts.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

<laugh>

Watch and learn sunshine, we didn't employ the best scout outside the Premier League for nothing.

8. lifecheshirewhite

so hull have signed 5 central league players,2 forest cast offs,and 1 leicester cast off,no don't think he missed hull at all you'll be relagation fodder.

9. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

I think 3 Yorkshire teams will go down this season - Barnsley, Doncaster and Leeds and Hull will fight out the other place <ok>

10. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Has Ken Bates spent much on the team or has he paying off your debt?.

Be nice to see Leeds back in the top flight,I cant see this happening next year though

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

<laugh>

Relegation fodder, you're funny, you can only dream of having an owner who'll buy a few decent players to make you competitive.

Remind me, how has the second worse defence in the league been improved ahead of next season?

12. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

McCartney out, the man who was responsible for so many awful goals on the left-side last season. Even if Parker or White play there, it counts as an improvement on that

Kisnorbo in, adding leadership, experience and dominance to the central defence and hopefully getting the best out of his fellow centre-backs O'Brien and the promising Lees.

Brown in, meaning that the naive Johnson and Kilkenny won't be there to hand the opponents the ball with every other touch.

So I think you can argue that in fact we do look more solid at the back than last season. A new left-back is still essential, as is a partner for Brown in central midfield, but it's taking promising shape.

13. lifecheshirewhite

same predictions as usual then TC,I predict another stiff neck for you,looking up for Leeds m8.:grin:

14. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Not the same prediction - I originally thoght that Leeds will go down this season, but I forgot about how **** Hull are!!

15. lifecheshirewhite

Remind me, how has the second worse defence in the league been improved ahead of next season?

like Leeds-18 said mod man,kisnorbo 1 of the best defenders in the league,brown 1 of the best defensive midfielders in the league.seem to remember pne had 2 or 3 man u c/league players there last season,as did posh season before,they're on for a relegation hattrick.<laugh>

16. lifecheshirewhite

yer but hull have signed lots of central league players,so mod man thinks they are certs for promotion.:grin: .<laugh>
    maybe he shouldn't post on sat nights,when he's p-ssed.:emoticon-0100-smile

17. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

I don't think he's pissed, he's just stupid!

18. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

Danger! The Southampton Bus is passing through, step aside bus stop w*nkers

19. TC (Lovely Geezer)

The only thing your bus will be passing through is Portsmouth when you're on your way to do a bit of fisting in Brighton.

20. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

<laugh>