1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Sunderland 0 Liverpool 2 - Match Reaction

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Ze, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

We basically have to win every one of our games until the end of the season and we have to count on Spurs getting 2 draws and a loss against us.. or a loss, a draw and a loss against us. It will all come down to the Liverpool v Spurs game I think.

2. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Yer it might well do. We'v got to start putting teams to bed.

3. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Well it seems Sunderland have 3 injuries - whilst we (who were involved in a midweek europa league game) have none. Good fitness I'd say.

4. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

Good to see Liverpool cheating, again.

5. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

What the hell? BBC is saying 1-1 and 2-0? Help!!

6. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

7. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

It's 2-0 and Mensah has just been sent off.

8. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

We haven't even played particularly well but we're winning.

9. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

All that counts, this was always going to be a tricky game.

10. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Delighted with the result today. The Staduim Of Light is a difficult place to go and we've got the three points today which were important. Let's hope we can push on and get three points in the next game against West Brom and keep the momentum going.

11. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Just when I was thinking, "What this thread needs is a dumb Manc twat" one showed up.

Why aren't they all tweeting tears for Rio on his tweety? The bloke's distraught at having the England captaincy given to a bloke who can actually stand up straight.

12. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

This is my view on events.Firstly,the linesman got the decision for the penalty wrong,It was definitely a freekick.
    However Sunderland deserved nothing from the game,because thats what they produced.How Fathead will say they did deserve something will be both delusional and stupid.He'll probably say the penalty changed the outcome of the game.It didn't.........Sunderland were piss poor.So it was your own teams fault Fathead.
    As for the Suarez goal.......one word can only describe it.......Genius.It had Kenny Dalglish written all over it.For the simple reason,only Kenny would have the cheek to attempt something like that.
    Suarez is a magical talent,and when we sign wingers to get the best out of Andy Carroll,which I'm sure we will it will ensure that we did get the best deal out of the January transfer window,when we sold Cashinhando to Chavski.
    Suarez is definitely going to be a premiership star,he has the lot,quick feet,enthusiasm and he's brutally strong for a little fella.He's also got that competitive edge that Kenny looks for.

13. Frank_Pingel_Legend

Frank_Pingel_Legend Active Member

Absolutely right. Sunderland started brightly but couldn't create a single good goal opportunity. That won't stop Bruce from moaning though.

One thing's for sure, you've got yourself one hell of a player in Suarez. He is definitely a unique talent, being able to conjure goal attempts out of nothing. I can't remember him being this good in the World Cup.

I know it's early days, but Carroll seems a bit lost in that side. And he was clearly getting a bit fed up.

14. KingPepeReina.

Suarez is a top top talent.
    Swarbs made a comment that Liverpool will have to ensure one of Carroll and Suarez will have to change their game for them to work as a pair.
    Thats nonsense.Suarez has the lot.He can come deep,he comes in from wide areas and he plays the central role.If Liverpool are going to adapt their team it won't be Suarez they'll need to build around it will be Andy Carroll.Suarez just fits in perfectly.And in order to get the best out of Andy Carroll,Liverpool need wingers.Kenny has already identified this,and thats what top managers do.He identifies a weakness and will ensure he rectifies it.I'm 100% sure a left back and two wingers will be on top of his wish-list in the summer.
    Anything apart from that will be a bonus and will be done from player sales.
    As for Pepe Reina going...I don't believe that for a second.Kenny will have a word in his ear and say...trust me,I know what I want and I know how to get it.
    Pepe wants medals,and Kenny is the man to deliver them.He may have been out of the game for a while in terms of management,but winners like Kenny never lose their appetite for success.
    Some people say Best was the better as a player.But Best wasn't a born winner like Kenny.Kenny had that almost nasty competitive edge.Best didn't,thats why Kenny did the lot more than once...and Best was a washed up has-been at 25.

15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

must say lads i thought we may have got something from the game beforehand, but as it turns out we were ****e and you battered us and rightly took 3 points, the penalty didnt make much difference,. reckon you've got a cracking strike force there (even though i hate carroll) suarez is pure class and kuyt is totally underestimated.
    again well done, think your slump may be wel and truly finished

16. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Further proof you are incapable of making a coherent and consistent argument. Remember what you said when I pointed out the team would have to be built around the strengths of one of the strikers?

Now who's tripping over their own feet? <laugh>

17. KingPepeReina.

Swarbs read it again,you clearly pointed out specifically that Liverpool would have to build around Andy Carroll.No team builds their team around their target man.Did Man United build their team around Berbatov who is effectively their target man,of course not.Point taken.

18. James_8

James_8 Member

Mixed bag from Carroll I thought. *I was disappointed in some of his play, but then when you watch the highlights you see how much he was involved. *Overall he did ok, and it was good that we didn't play it long as much as the other night. *Just a pity he didn't get the goal as believe it or not, there were already some dickheads calling into the Collymore show on talksport slagging him off.

To be fair Kevin Phillips is class in the air and has scored plenty of headers. *But he was talking ****e about that Carroll chance.

The keeper was getting across quickly and there is a man on the post. *Carroll had a window of about a yard to put that ball in. *He missed that window by a few inches. *Unlucky more than anything else.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn't point that out at all. I simply noted that Liverpool are currently playing a style that strongly suits Luiz Suarez but doesn't suit Andy Carroll so much. If you are to get the best of out Carroll, either you adapt the team to him, or he has to adapt to the team. Which is what Berbatov did at Old Trafford, and its why it took him so long to settle.

But you are of course right, no team is built around the target man. After all, no one ever built a successful team around Alan Shearer, did they?

20. KingPepeReina.

Also Swarbs you said that either Carroll or Suarez will have to change the way they play.Thats bullshit.
    Luis Suarez link up play is superb.It will get even better when we have wingers.He comes in from all angles.He can play wide,he can play through the middle and he's well capable of dropping off between the midfield and the attack,thats why Dirk Kuyt likes playing alongside him,they swap positions and they never stay in the same place.It works a treat as it confuses defenders.