1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Millwall v West Ham - The Facts | Football, Millwall, West Ham

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by TC (Lovely Geezer), Sep 7, 2011.

1. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

The first fixture between the 2 clubs was on 23 September 1897 which The Lions won 2-0.

The second meeting between the sides was a Southern League match that became the game that spanned two centuries. The fixture at Thames Ironworks' Memorial Ground on 23 December 1899 was abandoned after 69 minutes due to smog, with Millwall leading 2–0. Bizarrely, instead of replaying the game, the remaining 21 minutes were tagged on to the return fixture four months later, on 28 April 1900. After completing the return fixture which Thames Ironworks won 1–0, the players took a short rest and proceeded to play the rest of the abandoned game, with no further score, so Millwall were worthy 2-1 winners.

On 17 September 1906 in a Western League game, a particularly ferocious encounter saw one player hurled against a metal advertising board and others were stretchered off following heavy tackles. The East Ham Echo reported: "From the very first kick of the ball it was seen likely to be some trouble, but the storm burst when Dean and Jarvis came into collision (Millwall had two players sent off during the match). This aroused considerable excitement among the spectators. The crowds on the bank having caught the fever, free fights were plentiful." - again, Millwall were worthy winners, but not sure what the result of the game was!!

The highest score between the 2 sides happened on 2 April 1903 in the semi-final of the Southern Professional Charity Cup at the Memorial Ground where Millwall won 7-1.

09/03/1912 Saw West Ham make their first appearance at The Den - Millwall ran out 5-1 winners.

On 10/10/1927 Millwall played West Ham at The Den IN A Charity match for the London PFA fund - Final score saw Millwall win 5-1 again.

On 15/11/1992 West Ham played their last game at The Old Den - where Millwall were worthy 2-1 winners.

On 21/03/2004 (Mothers Day) West Ham made their first visit to The New Den - where Millwall (despite missing 2 penalty's) ran out 4-1 winners - this is the highest winning margin between the 2 sides in the football league - something I think we may better this season!!

The last time West Ham beat Millwall in a League game was over 20 years ago.

That is all <cheers>

2. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

very interesting read TC <applause> m8

3. That-Millwall-bloke

That settles it then, a big home win is due on 17th September... 4-1 to Millwall...

Come on you lions!!!!!!!

4. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

On 17 September 1906 in a Western League game, a particularly ferocious encounter saw one player hurled against a metal advertising board and others were stretchered off following heavy tackles. The East Ham Echo reported: "From the very first kick of the ball it was seen likely to be some trouble, but the storm burst when Dean and Jarvis came into collision (Millwall had two players sent off during the match). This aroused considerable excitement among the spectators. The crowds on the bank having caught the fever, free fights were plentiful." - again, Millwall were worthy winners, but not sure what the result of the game was!!

Same again sept.17th 2011 <ok>

5. trick66

trick66 New Member

6. TC (Lovely Geezer)

trick the prick - Your link seems to have omited the 1st 41 years worth of fixtures between our two sides so not really the "real history" is it!!

For your information in all competitions :

Played 97 Millwall wins 38 Vermin wins 33 draws 26 Millwall goals 140 Vermin goals 138

Now run along and catch your diner - there are loads of squirrels on Hackney Marshes <ok>

7. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

8. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

:bandit:I watched Green ST yesterday, what a pile of crap. I walk around near Upton park all the time and these people don t live there. Most Irons fans live in Essex.... I hope it doesn t kick off when you play them, maybe its because i m a 35 year old carrot cruncher but i don t really get the whole wanting to kill each other part.

9. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Think about what you'd do to an Ipswich fan that raped your wife and beat up your kids and you'd nearly be there <ok>

10. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

Ha ha ha ha, i m not married mate....... When you lot play at their place i m going to go down and take a look at what goes on..... Do you still have those nifty surgeon masks?

11. MFC_Lion

MFC_Lion Well-Known Member

12. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

Aaah, a nice friendly game where you can take your kids for a nice day out <ok>

13. D_I_Canio66

D_I_Canio66 New Member

Probably because we've been in the top tier of football apart from a couple of seasons...

Have you ever tasted Prem football??

14. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

No but nor are you this season & next at least! <laugh>

15. MFC_Lion

No can't say I have, is there a bitter taste from relegation?

16. D_I_Canio66

D_I_Canio66 New Member

Not at all, loving it actually.

Enjoy your cup final

17. MFC_Lion

No running on the pitch this time! I know scoring against wall means the world but it was embarrassing to watch :biggrin:

18. rockymountainlion

this pic still cracks me up
    please log in to view this image

19. MFC_Lion

You reckon he will be there Rocky? ;)

I really hope there's a song about him for the match, that would be quality <ok>

20. rockymountainlion

It would be rude if we didnt make up a little song for the fat ****er eh