1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Liverpool 0 SC Braga 0 - EL Round of 16 2nd leg (Mar 17 2011)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Roberto, Mar 17, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I think you will be better next season, You will come back stronger and will maybe target top 4 again

2. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Give Kenny the money to make 4 top signings minimum and let him work his magic....We won't be challenging top four....we'll be challenging for the top 2.

3. coachpotato

coachpotato New Member

After having calmed down a bit from Thursdays "performance", I now hope that we ditch any player who the management team don't see being in the first team squad next season.
    It's unlikely in the extreme we'll finish above sixth, and that means no european football for the first time in over a decade.
    Thanks Hicks and Gillet.
    If Kenny is to stay on, or even if he isn't, it's now time to start letting a few of the emerging talents show us whether or not they might make an impression in with the big boys.
    We all know who we think should be on their way out and they've had their chances to show what they can do, I don't feel we will lose too many games to put us in danger of relegation, in short, we are a mid-table team, so I don't see a problem giving those who might be earmarked now an early chance to shine.
    We are in a no lose-no win situation, so having a look at the most promising youngsters can't be a problem, surely?

4. James_8

James_8 Member

I agree with you, that's what I'd do. But I bet it doesn't happen. We're thinking like fans, the reality is that club's just don't do that.

We know that the likes of Cole, Maxi, Ngog, Poulsen etc probably won't be here next season, and with that in mind what's the point of picking them?

Unfortunately, the talented youngsters are not seen as being ready just yet, the general view at the club is most of them are a year away.

I think we'll see Flanagan get a game before the end of the season, and possibly Coady and/or Wisdom. I don't expect Kenny to ditch all the senior pro's and pick Suso, Sterling & co but I'd be delighted if he did.

5. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by Swarbs
    Not necessarily. If Utd or City (assuming they stay in the top 4) win the FA Cup, the EL spot will go to the sixth place team - I wouldn't bet against that being Liverpool, although Bolton are starting to put some decent form together and may have an easier run in.

Which begs the question - would Liverpool fans be happy if Utd won the FA Cup, if it meant you got into Europe next season

Fairly Certain the place goes to the runner up in the cup - the only way we can get into Europe is by earning the spot by winning our games and hoping the one of the teams above loses a few. I for one want to be in the Europa- any competition is worth winning or are we just wanting to win the Prem - get real only 3/4 trophies a season available - I for one would by happy to be in any finals!!