1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs. Tottenham Hotspur 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Nov 4, 2016.

1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Then you don't really understand the NLD (form immediately goes out the window) . :)
    That both sides perform at similar levels in the PL over recent times means that draws
    are becoming the prevailing outcome.

As someone said on our board, perhaps in the grand scheme of things the NLD away team
    should agree to a 1-0 loss so that bragging rights are equal, and both get 3 pts from the
    fixtures rather than 2.

2. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

And get points docked for match fixing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

4. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

You were talking about drawing games we should win vs drawing games we should lose. I was just pointing out that 4 of our 6 draws were tough fixtures.

Obviously drawing 6 out of 11 is poor and being unbeaten yet fifth is nothing to write home about. Still a long way to go though and come the end of the season we might well be grateful for those 6 extra points.

5. ArtisanWenger

Sinple question do you think you will make top 4?

How much are the odds in your opinion,above or below 50%?

6. No Kane No Gain

Yes, I think we will. Not sure about the percentages but I'll rank the teams in order of how likely I think they are to finish top 4, if you want:

1. City
    2. Arsenal
    3. Liverpool
    4. Spurs
    5. Chelsea
    6. United

I was saying to a Chelsea fan friend at the start of the season that I felt Chelsea had a lot of problems in their squad and I could see it all falling apart for them and I still stand by that.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think it's dangerous to write Chelsea off. They might seem disorganised at times, but they have the players to change any game in their favour. I'd have them in the Top 4 this season. Personally I think Utd and Spurs will be battling out for 5th and 6th.

winifred122 and ArtisanWenger like this.
  8. ArtisanWenger

I had had thought the same too but not anymore because they got going,their change in main formation helps them cover theirnsquad very well except central midfield and a wing back,moreever they have jist the preniership to play for and 5 extra games to play in the fa cup if they reach the final and then there is the january transfer window as well..For they are almost on par with the main title contenders very little between then and city in terms of title chances for me

In my opinion in terms of likeliest to finish top 4 in descending order would be:

Arsenal
    City
    Chelsea
    Liverpool

Leta also not forget younare already 4 points behind them,are onworse form and no better squad and are involved in more competitiins as well.

If you qualify for the cl knockouts...but if its europa pochetinno can prioritize to his advantage and disrespect europa agin.

9. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

There are no clear favourites for me. I can quite easily see Arsenal, city, Liverpool or Chelsea doing it. I'm not sold on Spurs and I think they are still mentally reeling from last seasons collapse. Manure no chance, Maureen has lost his magic and I'm not convinced of their players.

Arsenal and City are slight favourites with experienced managers and good squads.

10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I actually agree with that. Would pick the same top four.

Chelsea are more than capable of putting together a challenge but I just see them collapsing at some point in the Season.

No Kane No Gain likes this.

11. No Kane No Gain

Changes in manager or formation can often lead to a brief bump in form. I was saying the same when City seemed unbeatable, sometimes it's just a case of the rest of the league needing a bit of time to adapt. 3 at the back doesn't have a great record for working long term in the Premier League either, partly because most sides play with 1 striker.

ArtisanWenger likes this.
  12. No Kane No Gain

Leicester won the leaue, we voted for Brexit, the US voted for Trump. I aint ruling anything out anymore!

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

****ing bonkers innit ?!

No Kane No Gain and TheBear like this.
  14. ArtisanWenger

True except that this form is from a team that won the title one season ago and atleast 8 of their line up is worldclass while conte is a master of the curren formation,no one in the premiership played the 3 at the back so well and fluently either.

This is not a honeymoon period and we are not talking about winning the title,they can definitely finish in the top 4 ahead of spurs.