1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal vs Norwich

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bobo_97, Oct 24, 2017.

1. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Nketiah has been tearing it up in the youth set up for a few seasons now. For me himself and Nelson should be getting more time than Theo. They are better and are chumping at the bit.

winifred122 and PINKIE like this.
  2. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

Sadly, it seems as though Theo is regressing-another chance to shine blown last night. He wold probably benefit from moving on.

3. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Some interesting and great praise from Wenger on Nketiah:

"I knew he had quality, but when the team need you and you deliver, that's another quality you don't know about until you go on to the pitch.

"I don't know why exactly Chelsea let him go or if he decided to leave, but young players more and more nowadays travel from one club to another. We're happy to have him.

"I can't remember a young player having such an impact in a game like that. Until he came on we lacked ideas and creativity."

Those two sentences are very telling.

Also Thierry Henry coached him at youth level.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    PINKIE likes this.
  4. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

This is what annoys me about Wenger. He has this way of thinking where he uses players based on seniority or time at the club. He does the same with the Captaincy. It's this thing about operating by stats. Iwobi should have been involved with the first team way before he finally got his chance. Nketiah seems to score in every game at you level. Nelson scoring and creating week in week out. Reward them by starting them ahead of senior players that are not showing progress like Theo. And play them in their preferred positions.

Maitland Niles should be playing in the middle of the park along side Coq/Elneny and Jack, with Willock knocking on the door. I would play Nketiah/Iwobi/Nelson behind Giroud/Theo/Akpom. Play 4 at the back with Monreal/Kolasinac always in the squad to cover. Do we have bright young LB in the club??? If not then Niles can cover until we sort that position out.

Guys on form should be given the playing time and to keep underperforming senior players on their toes.

winifred122, lazarus20000 and PINKIE like this.