1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs Liverpool - Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, Nov 3, 2018.

1. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

We'll have to agree to disagree on Micky because I think, aside from the Chelsea game, he's been really poor and his decision-making in the final third is not what you'd expect at this level. It could just be confidence, but then he didn't really pull up any trees at Manchester United either. I'm not sure if his time at United has totally dented his confidence or what, but it's clear he's playing within himself. Some people have suggested he just isn't suited to the Premier League, and to be honest, the more I watch him play for us, the more I think this is the case...He's going to be 30 this season, so he isn't getting any younger.

I look at him and I look at Reiss Nelson propelling his way to the top in the Bundesliga and I just find it hard to believe Micky has a future at the club beyond this season.

I don't mind him playing in Europa League, League Cup or FA Cup games, but I don't think he's performed well enough to be starting in the Prem.

2. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think it's unreasonable to expect a 33-year old Koscielny, who's had a lot of niggling injuries and will be coming back from a lengthy absence, to get back to his best. Especially as pace and mobility were two of his strengths as a centre-half. I think we really do need to be looking for another central defender.

Koulibaly of Napoli is definitely one option, but I also think Milan Skriniar of Inter Milan or Romagnoli of AC Milan would be shrewd additions to our backline. None of these options will be cheap, though, especially as all of them are aged between 23-27, so the club have to be willing to push the boat out for these guys.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'd be keen to see Maprovanos get some games too. He looked really good in the few games that he played last season.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agree on Mkhitaryan, he hasn't really done that much for Arsenal yet, other than a couple of brief flashes here and there, he's been pretty average. As you say, he's nearly 30, is he ever going to really get going in the PL ?

5. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Great shift by the boys at the weekend. Bellerin is winning me over now. Was really impressed with his discipline. He found the right balance between attacking and defending. I know Torreira and Holding were standouts for us but I'd like to go out of my way to praise Bellerin, as I have been highly critical of him for a while. Great performance by him.

Finally the elephant in the room lol. Miki really worries me. There is a quality player there and Emery knows this. I think he's hoping he finds his form too. He could be a huge weapon down the line. I think Emery is doing the right thing showing faith in him. There is useful quality there!

gooner4ever and TheBear like this.
  6. goonerman

goonerman Member

Only managed to watch highlights on MOTD but was impressed with the performance. Pleased the heads didn't drop after conceding as they would have done last couple of years. Also liked the tackle Xhaka made, quality. Needs to do that all the time.

gooner4ever likes this.
  7. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

Xhaka had a good game

8. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

Also it seems Iwobi cant play as well on the right as on the left,so to get the best out of him..we had to sub auba off or it would have been lacca off and auba as central striker.

But in hindsight,Iwobi on the right still wouldnt have been as bad as Mikhi on that day.

All is one and one is all of homosapiens

9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I'd love a bit of Leon Bailey on the right. Haven't had a quality left footed wing forward for so long now. If we get CL this year surely we could nab him next Summer?!