1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs Leicester City - Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGunner, Aug 11, 2022.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

If there’s proof, then surely he should have been charged ?

2. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As I’ve repeatedly explained to you Piskie, he appears to have gotten away with it on a technicality.

3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

The wording alleged makes me think it was dropped before reaching any kind of conclusion due to this legislation issue.

This doesn't mean he was guilty - it means it never went to trial.

4. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

It never went to trial because processing criminal offences abroad was dealt with very differently up until recently. Hence why at the start of the tweet they say “no further action was taken”.

I really do think some people are being too quick to dismiss the seriousness of these offences and want to assume he’s not guilty simply because he’s an important player for us.

The fact he is on extended bail and is being investigated for offences pertaining to other women should be a huge concern.

The fact there is even any substance to these claims at all is a huge red flag. If there was no substance, the police would not still be pursuing the claims against his name.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

What is the 'relevant legislation' ? I thought he was accused of rape, that doesn't need any relevant legislation to be passed, it's statue in most countries and would surely have triggered a charge ?

6. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

“When considering sexual allegations that have been committed outside the United Kingdom prosecutors must firstly consider the dates of the incidents and the age of the complainant at the relevant time. Prosecutors are often required to review non-recent allegations and the legislation regulating sexual offending committed outside the United Kingdom has changed a number of times. The dates of the allegations and the age of the complainant will determine what, if any, charges can be considered.”

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

So these are old allegations ? I'm not sure what that paragraph is pertaining to

8. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

From that one Twitter girl, the allegations were pertaining to offences committed in April and June 2021, so yes, these are ‘old’ allegations.

She said herself that the date it happened (which, as we’ve seen from the CPS, means the laws in dealing with SA abroad are modifiable) and her age meant Partey couldn’t be charged.

The latest allegation of rape from June 2022 was a different woman.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but none of that stacks up to being a solid allegation of Rape. Some Twitter girl has accused him of what exactly ? And I still don't understand how the age of the accuser or the length of time ago it was would make any difference to a rape charge ?

The rumour I'd heard was that his ex-girlfriend had made allegations against him because he refused to marry her ? Is that a case of he had sex with her, and then she's made accusations against him because she's been spurned ? I don't know, like I say it's all rumour.

What I do know is that Thomas Partey has not had a chance to put his side of this 'story' across.

Like I say, if he's charged and found guilty of any sexual offences then **** him. But I prefer to go on the premise of innocent until proven guilty.

TheBear likes this.
  10. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

Piskie, this girl had WhatsApp conversations, snapchat conversations, photos of them together, signed documents, emails between lawyers - she deliberately broke the terms of the NDA (which she also posted online with Partey's authentic signature) because she was trying to seek justice which she didn't get. There is literally no benefit in her lying about this or fabricating the story when she is now literally in hundreds of thousands of pounds of debt by breaking the terms of the agreement.

As for your second question, I don't get why age or length of time matters either, but the stuff I quoted above was from the CPS and it backs up what she was saying about Partey not being charged for those reasons - so clearly it does make a difference legally.

I believe this is in relation to the June 2022 rape allegation from his ex-finacee. That is an independent case from the April 2021 and June 2021 allegations - which are the ones I am talking about.

As I've already said before, whether he gets officially convicted or not, the stuff that was posted online is impossible to completely fabricate and it is abundantly obvious what type of character Partey is. I would prefer if we didn't have someone like that at the club. I cannot support or chant his name knowing he behaves like this.

If you don't see it this way, then that's up to you. But for me personally, I don't want him associated with the club.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

What was she accusing him of ?

12. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

@PINKIE
    @BrunelGunner

guys if you wish to continue this discussion can you do so in PMs as this isn’t the correct thread

straycat_67 likes this.
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Suck my fat hairy schlong ya dirty mofo

Anyway, there isn’t much more to discuss about this. If there’s a charge then let the police deal with it. If not then it’s time to move on

14. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

You missed out tiny in your description

PINKIE likes this.
  15. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

I’ve made my stance on Partey clear multiple times now, so don’t think there’s any point continuing to go over old ground.

Anyway, Piskie initially asked why I referred to him as No.5 and he’s got his answer.

gooner4ever likes this.