1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal vs Doncaster

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bobo_97, Sep 20, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Job done in the end, but made it unnecessarily nervy for ourselves. 27 shots, we should have put this game to bed much earlier. Agree with the comments about Maitland-Niles at LWB, that simply isn't his position. Also same with Nelson, he needs to be played further forward in a RWF position.

Was impressed with Dasilva at the back though, he looked pretty composed and he's a unit too. Will be good to see him break through into the first team squad.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Elneny is tidy enough, but he offers very little overall.

3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Win is a win. Wasn't a classic performance. Wilshere had a few decent moments which was good to see.

We now have a favourable run of games and don't face a top 6 side until November. Good opportunity to rack up some points.

4. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

What a load of ****e!

Arsenal v Norwich in next round

5. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

On the plus side Wilshere was Arsenals best player tonight.

Could be a useful squad member this Season.

PINKIE likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It's good to see him back in an Arsenal shirt. I really hope he can kick on and have an injury free season, because Wilshere is a really good player, but his career has be stunted by injury. With no Cazorla on the Horizon and the inconsistency of Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny, Coquelin there's definitely a place up for grabs in the centre of midfield if Wilshere can kick on from here.

7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

probably should've been out of sight, I didn't think you were that bad in the 2nd half, just a bit too poncey with the ball, especially Sanchez and Giroud, who seemed to be trying too hard to show they were great team players with overly intricate flicks and one-twos that never came off. Part of it was because Doncaster had a well drilled 6 man defensive line for most of the game, I think they arrived with the plan of not getting humiliated and only really decided to attack in the last 10 minutes.
    Your youths look like they could become good players in the future, especially Maitland-Niles, though I think you would have been punished for their lapses in concentration at the top level, but he speed certainly helped him out, awesome pace.

8. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I agree Wilshere can be an important squad player by injecting some passion and enthusiasm into the team.

Can an Ozil, Wilshere and Coqs midfield work? Wilshere is more dynamics than most of our midfielders.

9. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

What's a dasilva and why was he at CB? 3 young players, all played out of position in defence where they'll be under the most pressure. I'm no manager but that seems stupid.

Win is a win though and a clean sheet to boot. Made a fooking meal of what should have been a straight forward game.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Josh Dasilva. He's a midfielder but was playing as a left sided CB. He actually did really well.

11. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

I know, I was being facetious. Merely growing weary of us playing people out of position.

PINKIE likes this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I don't mind seeing Wenger trying younger players in different positions in the league cup. It's when he plays senior players out of position in premier league games that it fries my brains.

Josh Dasilva actually did really well at the back yesterday and can also play as a DM. It was an ideal game to try him out in a different position.