1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs Crystal Palace - Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, Apr 20, 2019.

1. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

If I see Mustafi in an Arsenal shirt again, I will riot.

TheBear likes this.
  2. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

The second goal is all Mustafi's fault. And I have said I don't like Mustafi half as much in a back two, where he ends up as the last defender too much.

The problem with you two is that you will criticize Mustafi for everything and you expect everyone to respect your stupidity when you do. I'm sorry, if you write something stupid, it isn't condescending to point out that you are being a moron.

You are like the Democrats in America. Trump has them so incensed that they behave like idiotic children, and have to oppose everything he does, just because they can believe he does nothing right.

Mustafi is like Trump to you two, you just sound ridiculous when you criticize him for every goal even when he is blameless.I have no problem saying that Mustafi makes mistakes, you are the ones that blame every goal on him 100% regardless.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm so ****ing annoyed with him. Leaves Benteke unmarked in the 6 yard box for the first goal and then allows zaha to go round him for the second. Our defending overall was ****, but Mustafi was notably ****ing useless. <grr>

TheBear likes this.
  4. ToledoTrumpton

As I said - your opinion is worthless -you know **** all.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mustafi was at fault for the first goal too. Left Benteke totally unmarked in the 6 yard box.

He was a ****ing abomination today.

6. ToledoTrumpton

Benteke was 2 yards offside if it wasn't for Jenkinson. If you have ever played CB you know that you don't mark people who are offside.

7. BrunelGooner

He literally lets him run off and then rather than playing to the whistle, sticks his hand up for offside. That first goal wasn't just his fault, but he had a major part to play in it.

Second goal was entirely his fault.

Then he gave away a needless corner under minimal pressure which led to their third goal.

Toledo, go on twitter, go on see what the post-match analysis is, go and see what the pundits and commentators are saying - they are all in agreement that he was the weakest link today.

But you in your infinite wisdom think you know better, when in reality, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

8. BrunelGooner

You are honestly the most deluded poster I have ever come across. Seriously, you are just so mind-numbingly thick, it frustrates me.

Go and pick a different sport or hobby. Football clearly isn't for you.

omogooner likes this.
  9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Slightly premature to get angry with the dude given he's got the team in a position to still have top four in his own hands with only four games left, using generally the same shower of ****e squad that Wenger achieved nothing with.

He can't possibly play the same team game after game after game when we have Europa most weeks and sometimes prem games midweek too and his squad players are the ****e he inherited from AW.

winifred122 likes this.
  10. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

If we beat Wolves all will be forgiven and forgotten I am sure.

PINKIE likes this.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mustafi just let him run free into the box for a free header 6 yards from goal, sorry mate but that is **** defending. As for the second goal, **** me, what was he even thinking. I'm not one to unnecessarily denigrate our players, but Mustafi is a ****ing liability.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  12. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Ok firstly. I did not write ' something stupid' the post you ironically are referring to was written by Brunel. Making you in fact look stupid. It's just basic reading comprehension.

He's a poor player and he makes us worse when he's in the team. It's my view and I stand by it. Today was just another example of the comedy of errors that is Mustafis Arsenal career.

Also ... you post like a child having a tantrum.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  13. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

His Wikipedia homepage has been updated <laugh>

Shkodran Mustafi (German pronunciation: [ˈʃkoːdʁan ˈmʊstafiː]; born 17 April 1992) is a German professional footballer who plays as a centre back for Premier League club Arsenal and the German national team. He is also the worst defender to ever play for Arsenal He began his career in the youth ranks of Hamburger SVand English club Everton, where he made one substitute appearance in 21⁄2 years before leaving to Sampdoria in January 2012. He signed a five-year deal at Valencia in August 2014, and moved to Arsenal for a reported £35 million two years later.

TheBear likes this.
  14. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

shkodran mustafi - we owe Valencia many thanks when we meet them in the next fortnight for selling him to us for £30m.

15. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

How long are you going to blame Wenger for? When the team does well, all Emery.. However it is Wenger's squad when they under perform. He is Grade2 manager simples.. Wenger managed top4 consecutively for 16yrs, won countless trophies, this joker will win nothing, mark my words!

16. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

We need a new backline in the summer. If I were Emery, that would have been the first thing I would have addressed when coming into the club. Criminal that we are still so wretched defensively. Mustafi is only part of the problem

17. BrunelGooner

What else needs to be said?

18. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Emery has'nt done badly.

There's nothing wrong with the fact he rotated for the game. The issue is we lack the required squad depth.
    Elneny, Mustafi, Jenkinson, Cech are not of the required standard and youngsters like Guendouzi, Maitland Niles, Mavropanos should be eased into the side not thrust into 'must win' high pressure games week on week.

Our defence is simply not good enough, Kos is past it, Mustafi is Championship level and we've been unlucky with injuries to Holding and Bellerin(both important players).
    Sokratis and Leno were brought in last Summer and to be fair have been our best performers at the back.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

We have the makings of a solid back six with Leno, Bellerin, Sokratis, Holding, Kolasi. We only really need one more top quality centreback and potentially a quality left back if we revert to four at the back (where Kolasi becomes meh). With a quality central midfielder to tick the ball over nicely like Cazorla it should also help the defence out.

Hopefully Nelson proves to be really useful next year too. Really will be like a new 'free' signing. And if we get CL and the freed up wages of Ramsay, Ozil, Cech we should be able to get some decent players in, hopefully youngish.

PINKIE and TheBear like this.
  20. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Last year the entire club, squad and first team was Wenger built. Not many managers can ever say that. And he had a LOT of money. And his squad was ****e and played generally ****e boring football and he couldn't get CL for the last couple of years either. Emery has done better with Wenger ****e than Wenger could. That doesn't mean Emery is going to be good enough. Who knows. Can't really judge yet. But I can't say he's as **** as Wenger was just yet as it's too early to tell.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019