1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Arsenal vs Chelsea - Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGunner, Aug 17, 2021.

1. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Honestly, I don't see where we get our next win from. We don't look like creating or scoring against anyone. Even in pre-season, we didn't create or score much.

Arteta's tactics are suffocating the team. Style of play is bad, defending is bad, attacking is bad, no guile, no creativity, shocking results.

I don't know any manager who has come back from this.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

it looks really bleak at the moment and we’ll likely take a pasting at the weekend from City.

Like you say, there’s nothing happening in this team that gives you any confidence that we can turn it around, but … we have Ben white, Gabriel, Partey, Odergaard and a fit Aubameyang and Lacazette all to come into this team.

The games against Norwich, Burnley and Spurs will give us a better indication of where we are currently. If we don’t take at least 4-6 points from those games, then I think Arteta is toast.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

4pts from Norwich, Burnley and Spurs is sackworthy. 6pts bare minimum and even that includes a loss somewhere which would a ****show.

It's not like we can just say that there's even no progress in two years. It's that we've got progressively worse as time has gone on, the more that Arteta has had to meddle with the team.

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Well we are creating but without Aubas goals nobody else is stepping up. We had over 20 attempts against Brentford.

Pepe has really disappointed - the talent is there but how often does he actually win us a game?
    Martinelli does'nt look fully fit, Smith Rowe has been great but he's not a goalscorer.
    Xhaka just doesnt show the same intensity for us that he does for Switzerland.

The Auba thing is weird because if he leaves Arsenal i can see him going straight back to the 25+ goals he normally gets. Arteta is mis-managing him for sure.

5. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No, that's not true. We're not creating enough quality chances. That's a fact.

Having 20 shots against Brentford doesn't mean we're effectively creating. Especially when our recurring tactic is switching the ball to Tierney to whip crosses in or having potshots from 25 yards that go high or wide.