1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Swansea

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Oct 27, 2017.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Mert still has a lot to offer as a CB but against teams who are going to hit us on the counter we can't be left with Mert as the last man. If we are going to be more consistently under pressure and have less possession then he is a good option. I think the FA Cup final against Chelsea showed he still has the ability to perform at a very good level.

I think as a backup CB option he is pretty good tbh.

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We could and should have buried you first half, two golden opportunities went begging, shame but that's footballers for you, thick as **** on times, anyway well done on the win, hope to give you a better game at our place, always follow your results, got a soft spot for you lads, really enjoyed the way you took the Toffees apart the other day, nice one!.............<cheers>

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

A good win for arse and afc and piskie have it nailed. Merts is great back to wall but he cannot defend a whole half.

TT wins the ref bashing award as per usual.

Dunno whos worse for it, him, astro or general spurs fans.

Diego likes this.
  4. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Well I just listen to the commentary team, and even on here after a game. It always seems to me that when a tackle is being discussed, if it is an Arsenal player we are talking about we talk about him making any contact with the man, then it is a foul. If it is the other side, if the player makes any contact with the ball it is fine.

Even on here there is a huge double standard. We have become completely used to it. Although, I have to say I thought John Moss in the Spurs / United game was absolutely appalling. So maybe English referees are just that laughably bad.

Because I watch European football and I rarely see the same stupidity.

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Probably because European producers don't tend to give you 50 replays and highlight it for you <ok>