1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Swansea

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Oct 27, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

South Wales will be coming to North London this weekend and will leave feeling sheepish (geddit?)
    Ozil has decided to be a footballer again as his petulant refusal to **** all over the past six months other than act like a poor mans Dennis Wise has left him with no club willing to buy him so he is likely to rip Swansea to shreds and then do that irritating thumb sucking celebration thing he does...it must make Tony Adams turn in his bottle of tequila.

Either spurs, united or both are going to drop points this weekend so this is the perfect game to close the gap on the top 4.

Arsenal are in good spirits after winning the past 2 games whereas Swansea are complete ****e so if Arsenal are not finding it easy on the day I expect the crowd with start bleating on about Wenger out! <whistle>
    (seriously? ****ing groaning? ... it ain't like I am being paid a mint for do these match threads)

I was gonna say that you lost 3 nil to Swansea in the last meeting but didn't think you'd like me trying to pull the wool over your eyes!

The welsh are very patriotic so if you really wanna piss them off you could try singing 'Lamb of hope and glory'.

I would have Giroud down as first goal scorer but he'll probably just shank it wide <whistle>

I do have a soft spot for Swansea as I went to the Gower 3 or 4 times when my kids were younger.

One time my wife asked me if I was having an affair with a woman from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllatysiliogogogoch......I said: “How can you say such a thing?”

As per usual I hope ewe lot lose cos arsenal tv will be entertaining. However I know that won't happen and we'll never hear the end of how good you lot are this season as after a win you lot just can't mutton it...

ok...ok...that one was awful...

I'll get me coat

sheep skin of course <whistle>

2. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

I expect Arsenal will ram home a couple of goals and send Swansea bleating back home. (There must be a chance that Ramsey, Iwobah and Elneh-nehny can get on the scoresheet.)

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Banter is sheepish!t

4. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Ungrateful baaaaaaàastard

5. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

I'll be feeling very sheepish if nothing less than 3 or 4 - 0!

6. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

We need to embaaaaaress the sheep shaggers.

With big games coming up in the league against City and the Spuds it's important we don't drop any points today.

7. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Just love it when a team called Arse refers to us as sheep*******.

If you don't get a hatful I'd be very surprised.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Anybody got a working stream for the Arsenal v Swansea game. The one I was watching has just crashed and burned.

9. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

How are we one down. It's one of those games when you're pummeling the opposition and they come out with a rare counter that freaking catches you on the chin. We still have a whole other half to come back.

10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

All the streams I've found are terrible

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.

11. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different result"

Monkey balls. 0-1 Swansea.

12. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Swansea are playing well. They are allowing the referee to win them the game.

This is the right way to play Arsenal. At one end Xhaka gets called for a foul when he wins a header and the defender just runs into him, and at the other end, Mertesacker takes 2 shoulders in the back and doesn't get a call.

Arsenal fans who are calling for more aggression are in a dream world. Bellerin barely touched the Watford guy, and Mertesacker took two shoulders in the back, are you seriously saying that if that had been Mertesaker tackling Ayew like that from behind, that we wouldn't be saying it was a stonewall penalty?

How is Mertesacker supposed to win the ball in that situation, when his opponent can do that to him, and the slightest of touches the other way is a penalty?

13. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

A bit like your season <laugh>

14. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

They're going to ram you <whistle>

15. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Swansea were nuts - tried to press there at the start of the second half instead of just allowing Arsenal to come to them. You cant win as many fouls if you are forcing the ball, the referee can't help you as much.

16. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Got the three points despite some of the passing and touches being a bit off today. Puts us into the chasing pack.

PINKIE likes this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Decent result and another 3 points. And that's what, 10 game winning streak in all comps at home ?

18. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Not a great performance overall, we seemed to be a yard or two off the pace. But we had enough quality to see it through.

On another day, it could have been a completely different result. Especially with Mertesacker's ludicrous mistake at the end of the first-half.

Second half, we seemed to take it up a notch and Kolasinac/Ramsey were the heroes of the weekend.

Given how eagerly I was anticipating to watch Ozil, Lacazette and Sanchez starting together at The Emirates, all three were quite underwhelming. Although Lacazette was starved of service.

Fair play to Swansea, they marshalled them well. But there was an air of inevitability that a Swansea team who have looked poor defensively all season would remarkably become resolute against us. Funny that.

Onto City at The Etihad. Not expecting a result, but I sure as hell want us to not got thrashed like we did at Anfield.

Quilllogic and afcftw like this.
  19. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

13 in a row. Very impressive.

afcftw and PINKIE like this.
  20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mertesacker is slow as ****, but he’s still a very good CB in terms of reading the game and being in the right place to intercept the ball. In some respects he’s better off playing against teams like City who will be in our half constantly, because he’s better when the defence are compact.

It’s agaisnt teams that try and hit us on the counter in behind where Mertesacker gets horribly exposed.