1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Sunderland

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, May 15, 2017.

1. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Why not? There are plenty of players who play Ozil's position and can provide the same quality plus they might not bottle it when things get tough, funny how Ozil turns up again when the pressure of winning or even competing for the two big trophies is not on. Ozil was nothing short of a disgrace between November to April. I would still keep him, because he is an excellent flat track bully, but no way does he fall into the 'pay him whatever it takes' category.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Which players ? Not doubting, just asking.

3. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Sound like Mourinho there.

PINKIE likes this.
  4. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Well, Isco or Bernardo Silva would be my top two, but they would cost a high transfer fee and the competition for those two would be fierce, wages might not be as high as what Ozil is demanding. James Rodriguez is all set to leave Madrid as well, Fabregas could be an option as well, if he is not happy with his role as a squad player at Chelsea, can play Ozil's position, as well as playing in CM. If Ozil does not sign a new contract, we might as well sell in order to get a transfer fee and get someone else, Sanchez is a different story because to replace someone of that quality, we would have to pay £80 Mil plus, so keeping him with just one year on his contract makes sense.

PINKIE likes this.
  5. Zincubus

Zincubus New Member

I'm pretty sure Xhaka is gonna be a real good player tbh.

He's as good as any with his long ball passing and through the eye of a needle passes ...

I'm expecting great things next season from him and Liverool's Emre Can !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

So if Liverpool draw at home and City lose away, and Arsenal can win 4-0 at home we will finish 3rd !

wont happen

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He's shown some good progress in the last few weeks and he seems to have curbed his tendency to get carded in every game. He's got a really good range of passing on him, shame he's not the most mobile of footballers, compared to the little genius that is Cazorla. But if we can get Cazorla fit again next season then with him and Xhaka in the middle, I think we'd have a really tasty pairing.

8. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

It was always going to be tough for him. First season, for a new team, new league and with big expectations. But next season will be crucial for him, as will a few other players too. But we really should get another Cazorla type player, because we've been hurt badly with his absence. It would actually be an easy pick, Fabregas all the way. It would be the logical choice.

9. Hoddle Is A Gob

Hoddle Is A Gob Active Member

2 late goals, mean you get lucky and have a chance of top 4, but the balance of power has indeed shifted the mighty Spurs look down on you with a wry smile, the poor Gooners are in decline.

10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

What... the... holy... heck???? I had to check which board I was on for a minute.

Hoddle Is A Gob likes this.

11. Hoddle Is A Gob

You are on the lesser North London football club board my good man.

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

When and how did that get overturned?

13. Hoddle Is A Gob

20 years of Wenger mediocrity has meant the demise of your club. PIXIE let me back in.

14. 667 - The Neighbour of the Beast

I can see Liverpool maybe succumbing to the pressure. Just imagine how tense that game is going to be for them! Whereas Middlesbrough have nothing to play for and could for the first time this season play an open expansive flowing game of football to surprise the Reds.

All we can do is stick to our game plan and get as many goals as we can. Everton lost 5-0 at Stamford Bridge in November so there is the possibility that we can ship in a few goals though I wouldn't say they are an easy team to destroy. Not that I see Man City losing to Watford but we do have to be ready to take advantage if they do.

I see it being more likely that Liverpool will slip up though I am not holding out much hope that they will. If they cannot get at least a draw against a relegated side at Anfield then they don't deserve top 4.

15. Hoddle Is A Gob

It's nice to have dreams.

16. 667 - The Neighbour of the Beast

I just posted this on the Spurs board - Rivals thread:

17. lazarus20000

It would be a monumental choke if they lost or drew against Middlesbrough at home. But you should have enough quality to do it, even with all the nerves.

18. lazarus20000

I can see why Piskie did that, clever.

luvgonzo likes this.