1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread ARSENAL V NORWICH CITY FC

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Jun 19, 2020.

?

Who shall win ?

1. Arsenal

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Draw

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Norwich

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

SW on Farke:

“If the worst was to happen and we got relegated we have lots of good, young players who have played a lot of football either in the Championship or Premier League. We have a plan,” he said. “We are not going to be sacking the coach next week. We know what we need to do. We have learnt so many lessons this season, whatever happens from here, and we know what we need to do to get better."

2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes, give the guy some funding to be able to compete on a level(ish) playing field.
    Our current board can't do this, won't entertain anyone who can and I assume Superman means DF will get jarred off and leave of his own volition. He's a good manager, why bang his head against a wall for another year here?
    Unenviable and thankless task - he deserves much better.

3. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Yes i suspect he'd go of his own choice rather than be pushed. I'm sure he'll have other offers both here and in Europe. Glad to hear SW backing him and the team. Whilst DF hasn't been perfect, he doesn't deserve getting shafted on the back of this season. We've spent practically nothing which coincided with a spectacular set of injuries, playing against teams who could field individual players that cost more than our entire squad. I'm sure DF will be listening carefully to SW's plan for next season and no doubt hoping for more cash to splash in the near future.

4. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I don't doubt Webber was absolutely clear with Farke what the plan and the clubs circumstances were before he took the job. If he decides to leave of his own accord without seeing the plan out I'd lose a lot of respect for him. I fully expect Farke to stay at least for next season as i expect the majority of our players will.

Canary Rob likes this.
  5. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Does anyone know if Farke ever moved his family over to Norfolk, or are they still in Germany? If anything I think that'll be a bigger factor than footballing reasons. The Norwich job for 2020/21 is potentially the start of another 2-3 year project, I can see that being the opportunity for him to pass the torch and take a job in Germany, should he want to.

That said, I think Farke is still developing as a coach, and needs somewhere where he can make mistakes. His first season at Norwich was not a great one, he really needed the full squad overhaul to get a team that can play his way. At Norwich he's had an environment which provided the time for him to figure things out, and a director of football and recruitment setup capable of supporting him with that overhaul. I don't think Farke has sufficient experience, contacts, etc to go to a club where he wouldn't have that same support.

There'll be other clubs who can offer Farke something which will interest him, but given the short pre-season, chaotic transfer market, financial problems facing clubs, etc, I think it'd be a difficult time to jump ship.

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I have pretty much accepted relegation now , it was always going to be hard for us without adequate investment and our constant centre back curse .
    This is Farke's first proper coaching job and he still has the good will from last season's heroics I believe.

Sell a few of our stars for stupid money , buy more Germans and continental rough diamonds and we could bounce straight back .

Idah and Martin are coming through so the future should be bright.
    Anything over £30m each for Aarons Godfrey and Cantwell take the money and re invest further in the academy .

7. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

From a practical point of view, what has Farke done that would interest top Bundesliga sides? Ambitious second tier sides looking for promotion could be interested, but his PL record is hardly an endorsement. Yes, he's had little to spend, but after 3 years he's assembled a squad of his and SW's own choosing. Would most non Champions League German sides have more money to spend? I doubt it.

He now has a settled squad with a year of PL experience to move forward with. The young guns are now established players and should any leave, they would provide big money for new players. It's a situation that many other managers would envy.

8. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

How much has what has happened this season up to the suspension, and what is happening now following the restart, eroded the players's belief and confidence in DF?

9. DUNCAN DONUTS

Anyone else fancy doing the next MDT for Brighton ?

@Bure budgie ?

10. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

My current form is about as good as our teams,but I would be honoured to take up the baton.

RiverEndRick likes this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.gif