1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Man Utd

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, May 1, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

After losing to a team not beginning with an "M" Arsenal have a chance to rediscover their winning ways against Surrey's finest.
    Victories over Middlesbrough, Man City and Midlands FC have shown Wenger has his mojo back so getting him to sign a new contract is the top priority for everyone concerned with Arsenal <whistle>

The biggest concern at the Emirates is that Jose will bore Arsenal into a coma but, in all fairness being in a coma may improve the the energy levels of many Arsenal players.

Man Utd are now unbeaten in 25 matches (one of the longest unbeaten runs since the unbeatables) but seem unimpressed with their nick name of the unwatchables.

In fairness to United it is very difficult to say anything negative about their performances as most watching doze off by the 9th minute so aren't really able to comment on the whole match.

Their tactic will be to moan in the build up about how no united team in the history of football have ever played so much football while having only spent £170m in transfer fees this season.This will then be followed by the great man management technique of publicly slating certain players and moaning that only united players ever get injured. Finally, they will bore everyone senseless and then claim a moral victory.

Wenger will remind everyone how Tottenham will struggle to keep their players, how moving to Wembley will be difficult for spurs, how moving to the new stadium will affect how much THFC can spend on players and how Arsenal are 20 years ahead of Tottenham Hotspur. When it is pointed out that he is sounding obsessed with Tottenham, Wenger will look incredulous, point out that he had been talking about Tottenham, THFC, Spurs and Tottenham Hotspur so calling him obsessed with Tottenham is an outrage and will storm off.
    He will point out that it is in Arsenal's DNA to finish above Spurs and will announce that he has decided that the season will continue until the natural order has been restored.

On match day Wenger will demand the players give him everything and will point out the fans are fully behind him because he heard the whole stadium singing "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay" throughout the NLD.

United have injury concerns about Carrick who has stubbed his toe on his zimmer frame while Arsenal are worried that Sanchez has developed tourettes as his only communication within the dressing room involves referring to every other play as a ****ing useless ****wit...apart from Walcott who he just sets alight to prove he really wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

This is a pivotal match in the hunt for a top 4 trophy as Chelsea have got one sown up, spurs only need 2 points to guarantee another (and it's not as though we have a history of bad finishes to season <whistle>) so you lot are battling it out with various northerners for the other 2 places.

"Next year is our year" are favourites which mean it is between Pep, Jose and Arsene for the remaining place.
    A mate asked me who I would prefer and I could only answer by saying that it was like asking who would you prefer to sit next to you on a night bus...

a) The girl who is so pissed that she resembles something out of Shaun of the Dead and has the faint aroma of odour de pee sock.
    b) The loud happy twenty something who wants to tell you he was having a lads night out but seems to have lost them and that his girlfriend left him for his dad but he's fine and prefers being single ... then throws up and starts crying for his mummy
    c) The racist who insists on loudly praising Hitler for getting the trains to run on time, and accusing everyone on the bus of stealing his house, job, girlfriend and everyone else of being a race traitor...Unfortunately they all think he is your mate <yikes>

Its an imposdible choice but, unlike the night bus I do not have to get off and walk home at 2 in the morning in the pissing rain slipping on pools of SE London puke...with this I can sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

I would wish you well but for some reason you always doubt my sincerity so, instead, I will end with this...

things could be worse...there could be more than 5 matches left in your season <whistle>

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

How do you keep the quality of these threads so high <applause> You must be a fun teacher to have at school!

3. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Can;t see us getting 4th now whatever we do. Given the choice I'd rather Utd miss out along with us but they'll win the Europa anyway

StanDMan likes this.
  4. lazarus20000

If they win Europa, does the 4th place team miss out CL? If so, we definitely don't have a chance. Saying that, we don't have much of a chance now as i can't see us beating a Maureen team now.

5. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

No.
    To prevent another Spurs 2012 travesty, UEFA changed it so PL clubs
    not finishing in the top 4 would have to win both the CL and PL to cause
    that to happen again.

6. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

No. That is only allowed to happen to Spurs. See bylaw 72 clause 6c in the UEFA charter for further details.

7. lazarus20000

So we could potentially have 5 PL teams enter the CL? Now that would be ridiculous. It's hard to justify 3 teams going through, let alone 5!

remembercolinlee likes this.
  8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yup, i think this is probably the best thing about Wenger having 12 years of doing nothing. we get threads from RCL

9. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

UEFA obviously think the chance nowadays of a PL club winning the CL
    is as ridiculous as the rules that make 5 PL participants possible.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I've been on that N72 from Trafalgar Sq to Lewisham plenty of times mate. This season is a breeze in comparison ....

11. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

I just hope both team lose today!

12. remembercolinlee

You keep this up and we can not come lower than 3rd!

13. remembercolinlee

I feel more than a little dirty for my last post <laugh>

14. remembercolinlee

I have NEVER wanted spurs to lose...not even when we played united on the last game of the season back iin the early 2000s and if we'd won you'd have been champions <whistle>

15. remembercolinlee

Was Sanchez having a tantrum cos Welbeck didn't score?

16. lazarus20000

Has someone body snatched Mourinho, i wouldn't have guessed he would have been so open against us. Think he doesn't rate Wenger anymore or his megabus broke down?

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Couple of decent chances for us in the first half. Notably the shot from Ramsey and the one from Ox. Other than that though, it all feels a bit average ...

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

?

19. remembercolinlee

Piss off to your thread .... splitter <grr>

PINKIE likes this.
  20. excel

excel Active Member

Two p--s poor teams producing the inevitable.