1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v lincoln

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Mar 11, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Just back from work, great to see a 5-0 scoreline in our favour for once !

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I know it's only Lincon, but a 5-0 win will do the players the world of good after the last couple of weeks.

Also we're in the SF of the FA cup and it's another chance to get to Wembley <ok>

3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

FT. 5-0.

Job done. I think most of us expected to comfortably roll this lot over, though. Well done to Lincoln for an incredible FA Cup run, but you could see with Wenger's team selection that he was taking them seriously. I'm sure it'll be a day all of those players will remember coming up against top Premier League standard players and they didn't do themselves a disservice today. For 45 minutes, they were holding their own against us and were making it very difficult to break them down.

As for us, I know it was only Lincoln, but I really hope this can give us a massive confidence boost. I want us to end the season strongly. The dream from this point onwards would be to finish in the top 4, win the FA Cup and for Wenger to then hand over the reigns to a different manager.

I hope we don't get let down.

Off to Wembley though <diva>

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I would love to see Wenger go out on a high, by setting a new record for the most FA cup wins. <ok>

5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I did the kind neighbourly thing and set up a match thread for you down in the dumps mo fos but that'sa step too far :emoticon-0173-middl

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

OXO claims he's studying for exams, but I think he's bullshitting. Let this be a lesson to him having to resort to a spud making a match thread about Arsenal <grr>

remembercolinlee likes this.
  7. remembercolinlee

Well ... maybe some of you mo fos need to learn to type instead of grunt and boo <laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Mate, it's only because I'm cutting you some slack, that your garbled together OP is actually intelligible.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  9. remembercolinlee

Booooooooooo
    Hisssss
    Blud fam bro fam innit bruv blud
    Booooooooooo
    Blud
    Fam
    It was wet
    This is **** ... total ****...sick of it ...
    I'm sick of it
    Don't swear at me ... glug glug...gimme hat back

I've been learning gooner talk from Arsenal tv <whistle>

10. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Awesome finish from the Gunners! congrats on a clean sheet!

11. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Maybe time to roast a few Spuds at Wembley!!! Maybe it is best to save them for the final!!! Assuming they can overcome Millwall, and I cannot even imagine any genuine Arsenal supporter wanting anything other than a Tottenham victory with the possibility of a Wembley encounter to look forward.

12. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

I will for sure miss Alexis next year! What I wont miss with him however...is that he makes a pressing run, team is not following and then he starts complaining. It is clear that the team is NOT suppose to press. Then next moment happens and some people half hearted follows his press...and we are out of position and get hurt.

Also, alexis gives away the ball A LOT. You can see he is at the stage that Henry was at the year before he left. Every ball is played to him. As he is clearly the best player. Problem is, if Alexis dont deliver the team dont deliver. We need balance. Ideally with players of same calibre but as that is too expensive and those players dont want to join Arsenal. We have to start over, again.

13. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

If he goes then we'd have gone backwards. The point of all this bleeding new stadium, high ticket pricing and money pinching is to compete with the best. We lose Sanchez and we lose our x factor, we start looking ordinary again.

I agree with a few here that we can afford to lose Ozil, not because he's lazy or no good but because he's not suited to us. We simply do not have the class players around him to support him. He's a luxury so therefore requires the best around him. But he is replaceable if we get the right balance in midfield. Sanchez however is multi dimensional and offers a range of different abilities. Replacing him would mean a shed load of money.

I would build my team around him, Bellerin, Kos and Mustafi. The rest are replaceable or squad players.

Sign Da Ting and Quilllogic like this.
  14. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Oh for Gods sake.

I'm fed up with this.. "We are soo bad/Wenger is the worst/We are going to finish outside the top four/All our best players are going to leave.." type posts.

We have no ****ing idea if Sanchez wants to leave. Arsenal fans are the worst, I have no idea why we are soo negative.

The Season has been **** by our standards but we are still in a great situation as a Club. A little positivity from time to time wouldn't go amiss.

straycat_67 and winifred122 like this.
  15. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Well now we've hammered the mighty Lincoln all is well with the world.
    There was never a problem and obviously we will now win the Cup.
    Unless of course we are unlucky enough to have to play Spurs, City, Chelsea or United then it might not be as straightforward.

SpursDisciple likes this.
  16. BrunelGooner

There is far more reason to believe that Sanchez wants to leave than to stay. It is true we cannot read his mind, but based on what we can observe and based on the current circumstances, it is safe to say that he wants to go in the Summer. It is better to accept this now so that we aren't surprised if/when it happens once the season has ended. If he wanted to stay, he would have signed a new contract by now and it wouldn't be dragging out for this long. We've allegedly been negotiating for months now, yet nothing seems to have materialised.

17. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Just no. He is settled in London wife his wife - he chose to come to this Club. He plays with passion and intensity - he really isn't playing like a guy who does'nt want to be here.
    Highest paid player at Large Club.
    Star of the Side.
    Playing in most watched most competitive league in the World.

I would say based on real observable evidence you cant make that claim. That's just your own negative viewpoint.

Like I said in the other post a little positivity from time to time wouldn't go amiss.

18. BrunelGooner

I would say based on real observable evidence, I can make that claim because he hasn't extended his contract when we have been in talks with him for months. If he really wanted to stay, he would have penned a new deal by now. He hasn't.

I'm sorry, but there is no evidence to suggest he is going to extend his contract and stay at Arsenal. Literally none whatsoever. I will address all these things you've listed in a second, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment if/when he goes in the Summer.

It has nothing to do with negativity and everything to do with the reality of the situation we are currently in.

What do you mean he isn't playing like a guy who doesn't want to be here? It is in his nature to work hard and give 100% every game. He's always been like that no matter what club he has been at and no matter what problems he's faced. He is a rare breed these days. Besides, he is still a professional footballer getting paid millions.

He is getting paid a lot, but he knows he can earn a lot more elsewhere. There are plenty of other clubs where he can earn more, work with better players and management, as well as having the opportunity to win more trophies. We are not at the top of that list. Again - not negativity, it is reality.

Do you really think he cares that the Prem is the most watched league in the world? I highly doubt it. Even if he does, that itself isn't a reason to think he will stay and you're living on a different planet if you think it is.

So apart from some arbitrary reasons you've listed, some of which have absolutely no relevance whatsoever as to whether he will stay or leave, you haven't given any proper reasons to suggest he will extend his contract and stay at Arsenal.

19. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I'd say things are still open on the Sanchez front.

He does at times look frustrated when things aren't going our way, but when they are he is a picture of happiness. I think a lot of this is down to his passion for football and his winning attitude. He wears his heart on his sleeve and results make a big difference to how he feels as does his own performance, which is why occasionally he tries to do too much when things aren't quite working for him. If we finish the season strongly I could see his body language changing to someone who is feeling on top.

In terms of money I expect we would pay him around the 200k mark, if we wouldn't then the board need to **** off. Other top clubs in Europe have a similar ceiling for wages so he would only earn significantly more by going to a **** league like China. Personally I think he'd rather stay in Europe.

There is no way we will let him go to a rival prem club which means if he doesn't sign by summer he'll be sold. Bayern are the only club I can see who would go in for him, have the ability to offer more in terms of football success and offer him a similar contract. Maybe Juventus but unless they offered big money Italy doesn't have the prestige and Juventus aren't a big threat in the CL currently. So I can see negotiations getting very tense if Bayern don't come in for him. If he won't go to a lesser European team then we will make him see out his contract rather than sell to a rival.

I think he could still sign a new contract or move. Nothing I've read or seen has persuaded me one outcome is more likely than another. Leaving it this late to sign a new contract as such a big player means he has a good negotiating position so doesn't necessarily mean he plans to move.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  20. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I think it's ridiculous that we have fans who think Ozil would be easily replaced. I understand the view that he is far more effective with better players around him but so many of our fans seem to totally overlook how good he is.

Last season he created more chances than any player has created in any season for any club since the premier league started. He was one off the prem assist record, holds the consecutive assists in games record. Was only bettered by Cantona for assists in his first 100 games. At the start of the season had the best assists to games ratio in prem history (though may have lost it this season, I'm unsure). His stats are world class.

When we have turned over the top teams he has been at the heart of it so I don't buy that he doesn't turn up to big games. He is just less effective when the rest of our team doesn't turn up as he is a player who links things and creates so needs others to be on song.

Since he joined the club we've started to win trophies again and finished in the top two for the first time in years. Players like Sanchez and Cech will have seen a signing like Ozil and thought "that's a club with ambition".

And for me, above all else, he plays the game in a beautiful way. He is a joy to watch and capable of producing things barely any players in the world can. Not only would he be a huge loss and difficult to replace, we'd lose a level of pure football talent that is rarely seen.

I think it's a big shame some fans don't see just how much Ozil offers. Don't sell him because we don't have good enough people around him. Sign players good enough to play with him!