1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v CSKA Moscow

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Apr 5, 2018.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Draw coming up at 11:00am

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

And we get Atletico ...

3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Aggghhhhh...

Ohh well. Beat Athletico and we have a very winnable final ahead of us.

4. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Gonna be a tough one. However should we get through, we have a much easier task in the final. And Atletico (while still formidable) are not really what they were.

Who's your money on?

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

If we can prevent them from scoring at the Emirates, then we have a really good chance to get to the final. Gonna need to be on our A game for this though.

6. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

My money is on Athletico TBH.

They defend well and have Griezmann and Costa who are super efficient on the counter. In many ways they are just the kind of team we struggle with.

But we are capable of beating them - Just cant perform how we have done in recent 'big games'.

7. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Kind of wish we were playing away first. Going to have to keep them scoreless for the first leg. But the interesting thing is that while their defence is ridiculously strong, their attack isn't as good as some teams we have faced in the past (although still pretty good). IF we can manage one or 2 goals, it may be enough. Who knows?

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Was thinking about this and I'm actually pleased it's this way around. If we can keep them from scoring in the home leg, or at least just keep it to one, then we have a decent chance in the away leg because we usually score. Something about that away goal, playing the second leg away makes scoring one massive.

9. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

We can't afford to set up and play open football with these guys. They will rip us to shreds. This is one tie where our "natural" game won't suffice. We have to defend deep and hope to catch them on the break ourselves. It will be a tactical affair, I am sure. Akin to playing a Mourinho type side. Expect at least 2 players to be sent off within the first ten minutes and Costa going on a 90 minute whinge-fest to the referee... if we can somehow break through their massed ranks we are going to have to be clinical which means Welbeck cannot start.

10. Rock'n'Roll

Rock'n'Roll Well-Known Member

Good luck next stage, gunners. To be honest it was pretty close to our comeback. Wondering what it could be without given home penalty kick and with away handplay penalty.

11. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I have to say that although I am still not convinced Welbeck is good enough, that was one heck of a goal he scored.

12. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

This is what scares me. Our tactics are non existent. There’s a reason why Wengers record against mourinho teams is so poor. Let’s be honest, I think the one thing we will need to get to the final is pure luck.