1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal starting 11 for next season

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NLDISRED, Apr 5, 2020.

1. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

This is my prediction for next season. Seeing reports today Ryan Fraser is due to join on a free.

Personally I wouldn't be against selling Bellerin if a good offer came in for him hasn't developed and lost his pace. Auba also if he won't sign a new deal who I would replace them with, I haven't got a clue.

Leno

Bellerin - Holding - Saliba - Tierney

Xhaka- New Cm

Fraser- Ozil- Pepe

Auba

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

It’ll be Luiz instead of Holding. For some reason Arteta doesn’t seem to rate Holding, or at least doesn’t think he’s ready yet.

Hopefully we spend on a new CB.

It should be Ceballos (if we keep him) and Torreira in the middle but every manager we have had seems to rate Xhaka so he will prob stay in there.

Pepe, Ozil and Auba pick themselves.

If Fraser comes in he’ll be fighting with Saka and Martinelli who are knocking on the first team door.

The main thing needs to be a new CB. Then if there is a top Quality CM to replace Xhaka available that would be good! Otherwise make replacements based on who we sell on. Or anyone who’s really good who we can convince to join us at this point! My expectations are pretty low for the summer transfer window.

NLDISRED likes this.
  3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

To be honest I wouldnt want Fraser at Arsenal.
    Martinelli is better with WAY higher potential.

Would love another CB to partner Saliba. Upamecano wouldnt be cheap but he looks an elite talent.

Partley is basically the player we all hoped Xhaka would be. His passing range is outrageous and he does his fair share of defending. Him and Xhaka would offer our defence good cover as well as offering Auba/Pepe a ton of ammunition.

Ceballos has impressed me - you can see the ability is there. If we keep hold of him I can see him starting ahead of Ozil.

I would also be tempted to bring Mkhi nack from Roma -he looked good this Season and I wonder how he would do under Arteta.

------------------------Leno--------------------------
    Bellerin-----Saliba-----Upamecano----Tierney
    ----------------Partley------Xhaka-----------------
    -------------------Ozil/Ceballos--------------------
    --Pepe----------Aubameyang---------Martinelli

Bench: Lacazette, Holding, Luiz, Saka, Torreira, Mkhitarian, Martinez.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  4. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

I would love another CB just can't see it happening we have 7 1st team centre backs and I can't see any of them wanting to leave as they are on fairly good contracts.

I'm abit curious to see how COVID 19 affects our transfer window if I am to believe we are as well run financially as the board says we should be able to take advantage of other clubs needing to sell players to stay afloat. That being said I'm not sure how strong our cash reserves are at the moment

5. TheBear

Agreed but I think we will probably see quite a few sales this Summer. Arteta will at least TRY and shift all the players he doesnt think will fit his system.

This could facilitate at least one big Summer signings (possibly two if there are cash reserves available)

I think a ball playing midfielder should be the priority. Partley would be a great choice.

6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

We've got Saliba for us for the remainder of this season now. Bonza! If it ever actually restarts that is.

gooner4ever likes this.
  7. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

He was registered with us at the beginning of the season so he can become a "Home Grown" player, Im not sure about the details if that means he can play for us. I know he is our player and the french league has finished but his loan deal was until 30th June, We would need to make an agreement to terminate the loan deal some how. If i was on St Ettiene board I would be asking for some more money to terminate it early.

8. TheBear

With Arsenal rumoured to announce a £19 million pound loss this Season due to the effects of the lockdown we are going to have to sell players unless Kroenke is willing to throw us a cash injection.

We still need a radical squad overhaul. A mix of youth and experience.

Sell:

Lacazette - £45 million
    Elneny - £5 million
    Mkhitarian £10 million
    Sokratis £10 million
    Mustafi £10 million
    Kolasinac £15 million
    Chambers £10 million
    Ozil? - would be good to get his wages off the books.
    Ceballos - Loan Ended

There's a potential £100 million (+Ozil) the Club coulkd use to rebuild.

Buy:

Dominik Szobolazai - Good range of passing, can score goals from midfield, creative and can carry the ball forward.
    Bring in before he gets too hyped and we can no longer afford him. £20-30m

Partey - 26 years old defensive midfielder. Incredible passing and one of the best dribblers of the ball. A class act for sure. £45million release clause.

John Stones - Controversial one this I know but Im a fan. He's still only 26 was the best CB in the league a few Seasons ago - has experience winning the league and his best days (physically at least) are ahead of him. He's also not had the best Season been in and out of the side which brings his current value down. £20 million.

Coutinho - 1 year loan. With an option to buy. Can cover the left and AMF position the guy would give us some much needed creative class.

Pablo Mari - Already signed to a £5 year deal for £14,000,000.
    Cedric - Contract extended.
    David Luiz - Contract extended<doh>

------------------------------Leno------------------------------
    Bellerin-------W.Saliba---------Stones-----------Tierney
    --------------------------Partey---------Xhaka---------------
    --------Szobolazai-----------------------------------Coutinho
    ---Pepe---------------Aubamayeng--------------------------

Bench: Mari, Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Torreira, Guendouzi, Martinez.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  9. TheBear

oops wrong thread.