1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arry gone?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by deedub93, Jun 12, 2012.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They also had a net spend of around £62m more than ours last season, YV.

2. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Well yeah but I didn't want to send the guy into depression! :D

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Liverpool have had four managers in two years. Even by our standards that's bad!

4. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I believe that the possession of a brain is a prerequisite for being able to become depressed. So, in this case, it's not possible!

5. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Are we? Last season we could not have experienced worse luck if we had tried. In the league we hit the woodwork 33 times and missed 5 penalties, lost our best central midfield player for half a season, lost our best striker for 9 games, dominated many sides both home and away and did not get our fair return in terms of points. We always knew that we were in transition and that our side was far from being the finished article. Given that less than 12 months previously, we had come very close to not existing at all. many of us believe that we are on our way back. Even so we did manage to get to 2 finals and pick up 1 pot (which is more than your boys achieved!). It remains to be proved, but the squad that we have got will be far better for last seasons experience.

Why are you concentrating upon debt? United carry the biggest strategic debt problem. However, if Ferguson decides he wants Modric then he'll get him - and you know it. If City want Bale they'll get him - no matter what Levy says. That's leaving aside any interest in those players from clubs in Europe. Provided that the debt is being managed, it is the income generation capacity that is the key and in that area you are way behind with no indication that you are likely to close the gap.

6. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

So, it's all true! You really are that stupid, then! I have seldom read a more uninformed bunch of total bollocks than this.<doh>

7. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Just shows what a truly ignorant dickhead you really are.

8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Liverpool didn't suffer from a lack of luck last season.
    Poor finishing and a lack of squad depth saw the side well adrift of the Champions League places that must've been your aim.

Chelsea couldn't sign Modric last season, despite money barely even being an issue for them.
    What makes Man Utd any different?
    Even if Bale and Modric are sold, then it certainly won't be on the cheap.

9. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

I hate it when Bale etc want to leave because of no CL football. It was his responsibility to help get us there ffs. I totally agree with your first statement PNP. So what if they hit the woodwork 33 times? Had the ball hit the post and gone in it's good luck and hitting the post and not it's bad luck. Hitting the woodwork is as good as missing by 10 meters. Bad buying was also a factor and a moaning little Scot didn't help.

10. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Coming from a genuine dickhead, like you, I suppose I shouldn't feel too insulted.

11. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Hit the post...bad luck???...come on. Its a miss, it doesn't even register as on target, it may aswell be row z, its a miss, stop talking a load of contrite rubbish.

"We were really unlucky to finish 17 pts behind Spurs!".....<laugh>

12. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I was talking about debt because it's a problem for a club like Newcastle. They got back in the PL last season, finished well and sold Carroll for £36mill yet they still ended up with a £4mill loss. Their revenues are also less than ours FYI.

Chelsea weren't able to prise Modric away from us and City didn't even want to meet the demands set for Hazard so what makes you think City will even try to get Bale. Gareth's own agent admitted the otherday that any club going in for him knows they won't get him for less than £40mill. United are unlikely to bid for Modric because he's not as needed now they have Kagawa. Yeah they could probably scrape together the money but they'd be mad to want to do it after Levy wiped the floor with them by getting £30mill for Berbatov.

That first paragraph is rather brilliant though, bravo <applause>