1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Arrivals / Departures lounges, Summer 2023.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Mar 22, 2022.

1. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

2. SuffolkCanary

3. SuffolkCanary

I don’t want to sell Idah, I think we should loan him out and get someone in

CitySlicker2010 likes this.
  4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Yeah apparently the recall date has passed.

I think we should keep going with Idah. He’s only 22, has buckets of experience and even though he’s frustrating at times he has still got a decent goal scoring record by time in the pitch.

He’s shown dominant spells in the past which means he’s definitely capable of going up a level and I would hate for us to give up on him too early only to see him really kick on at another club.

SuffolkCanary and Bure budgie like this.
  5. NorthCityCanary

NorthCityCanary Active Member

Disappointing if not true, got many fans hopes up.
    Would be good to get off the books, as this is his level. Other than running and a little strength/height, he doesn't offer enough, not enough assists, not enough goals. We need far better than 1 in 6.5 games scorer, even as a backup. if we're to go up and consider staying there.

6. SuffolkCanary

Lazio are now rumoured to be interested in signing Rowe now, figures of £10-15m however would appear to be wide of the mark

7. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

The way the game has gone in the last few years means that we will never go up and stay up - we are not big enough. There are far bigger teams in the PL struggling to achieve that and far bigger clubs than ours in the Championship struggling to get the chance. The best we can hope for is to go up, grab the money and come down again the following season or, if lucky, the season after that. Depressing but true. The main focus is financial security which may be easier said than done. I can't see any business being done this window leaving Knapper to concentrate on the summer. I am certain that any player out of contract then will be allowed to leave leaving all squad places to be filled by cheaper, younger replacements, youngsters from the academy and a couple of players, reaching the end of their careers, on short term contracts. Any money needed for that will have to come from sales with Sara, Rowe or both the likely candidates. Idah is a problem mainly because of his contract. If he drastically improves then he will be a great asset but if he doesn't then we will be stuck with him for a long time. Another decision for Knapper to make if another club comes after him.

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  8. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

That's very depressing it's hardly worth bothering to support them , may as well follow Man City instead

zogean_king likes this.
  9. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

NCFC now rumoured to be interested in Mikey Johnston from Celtic. Described as a winger. Is this a possible replacement for Rowe? Also, it appears that Idah can go to Verona if a suitable replacement can be found by the end of the transfer window. Looks like Hwang is not returning?

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

Hwang had his loan terminated , he's injured & up to his neck in legal trouble for some sex tape scandal the Korea team banned him too.

Barnes isn't really a striker he's not expected to get more than 5 goals a season leaving us with just Sargent if we let Idah go out on loan .

Our only other consistent attacking threat is Rowe especially after his Ipswich heroics .

If we sell him that's pretty much throwing in the towel for the play offs .

Making Wagner's job impossible as the fans are quick to turn on him when results dry up.

Anyone hoping the American baseball guy would invest in the squad may be disappointed he clearly sees us as a cash cow rather than a plaything like the Arab owners .

Rowe surely has to wait until the summer, there's still a chance we can finish top 6 & if by some miracle we get promoted he will get a pay rise & regular minutes in the Premier league.

The more goals he scores the more money we can get for him .

If Madisson was £23m Rowe can't be far off that

11. SuffolkCanary

I may be wrong but the American Baseball guy still hasn't had his secondary share purchase, that makes him a joint majority shareholder, officially agreed by the league yet has he? So unlikely to be pumping the cash in just yet

12. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

Anyone seen this guy in ASDA?

RV .jpg

13. DUNCAN DONUTS

If you think he's going to plough tens of millions in to the squad I think you may be disappointed.

14. 1950canary

You are right. American Businessmen look upon sport as an investment. They put in strong management teams to run the club both on and off the field, improve the infrastructure, facilities and other uses of the properties and concentrate on the academy and scouting functions. They do not sanction any transfer policy that puts the business model at risk. They build up the value and profitability of the Club, declare a decent dividend and as sole/joint shareholders trouser the lot and at the end of the day own a business that is worth many times more than they paid for it. The Glaziers have been more brazen about taking money for themselves but Arsenal and Liverpool are better examples. For an example more in line with NCFC just look 40 miles down the road. A complete turnaround both on and off the pitch but how much have they spent on transfers? One of these days the business model will not work - I just hope it is not us.

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  15. DUNCAN DONUTS

The frightening thing is Norwich own lots of lucrative land that an asset stripper could sell & build a housing estate on it potentially.

Delia & Jones may be hated by some but they at least love the club

16. 1950canary

That is fair comment if the be all and end all is the result and being top of the league but surely there is more to it than that - hopefully the entertainment and the unpredictable ups and downs. I have always enjoyed most of all the turnarounds following the lows - the eras of Saunders, Lambert and Farke for example. The progression of players such as Maddison, Buendia and Holt. The pleasure in watching the likes of Ron Davies and Martin Peters and,whisper it quietly, Suarez. Hopefully a new era with a visit to the PL is not too far away but who will be in charge?

17. 1950canary

Again you are perfectly correct - the assets cover the inevitable cost of the business model. A good businessman, which Americans are, will always cover their backs.

18. DUNCAN DONUTS

I haven't written off this season yet , Alex Neil pulled off a late play off push & promotion with arguably a weaker squad than we have now .

When the best teams are owned by Arabs or Yank franchises that pump in money it pretty much wrecks the game .

I don't even bother watching the Champions League or Premier league any more it's lost it's appeal.

It's not unthinkable that a ****ty two Bob club like ours can stay up for more than 1 season but I also wouldn't be surprised If all 3 relegated sides go back up again as they have much stronger squads

19. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Or even this one?
    upload_2024-1-30_16-23-36.png

"Bologna striker Sydney Van Hooijdonk is among the striking options being considered by Norwich City should Adam Idah finalise his loan move to Italian side Hellas Verona. Van Hooijdonk, who scored 19 goals in 39 games on loan at Dutch side Heerenveen last season, is one of the options City are targeting, with a loan-to-buy offer being considered.

Norwich are impressed with his physical profile and goal-scoring record in the Netherlands. Work is now ongoing to try and strike a deal before Thursday's transfer deadline. According to reports in Italy, Bologna are happy to sanction a departure for Van Hooijdonk after signing Santiago Castro for €11million from Velez earlier this month."

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  20. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

There's always a team in the championship that comes strong for the later part part of the season, this year it could well be us.

I agree with DD''s point re Barnes & keeping Rowe, but I would let Idah go out on loan if we keep Rowe. I would add that I also consider Sainz to be a consistent attacking threat when ever he's played. Whether he can keep it up over time is still to be seen

zogean_king and SuffolkCanary like this.