1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Argyle v Pompey

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by Wooperts_duck, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Full time match stats:-

Home Team: Plymouth .......Away Team: Portsmouth

Possession:

Home 61%
    Away 39%

Shots:

Home 10
    Away 13

Shots on Target:

Home 1
    Away 6

Corners:

Home 6
    Away 3

Fouls:

Home 9
    Away 17

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Talking through your backside Wooperts. Evans having been booked kicked the ball as far away as he could after the whistle had gone and he knew what he was doing. Should have been yellow 2 and he should have gone. Definitely a weak Ref there. You really shouldn't complain about his performance.

Have to tell you that you on this showing are not a promotion side. First half was poor by both. Second half and you were generally second best. Went in front against the run of play and the equaliser was justified. If you think Carey dived somewhere in the match then you ought to watch a couple of your players. Not even a convincing dive. Have to say I was disappointed in the end and it's 2 points dropped by Argyle and a point gained by Pompey. You can now have your field day of why it wasn't like that. Only saying honestly what I witnessed.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  3. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Shots:

Home 10
    Away 13

Shots on Target:

Home 1
    Away 6

Above match stats from BBC Sport say otherwise, greeny. For all your possession, you didn't produce much. Your only shot on target was from Carey's excellent free kick when you scored. Nothing much else. Remember, stats don't lie........

4. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Thanks SG!! What is it with your team starting the season 4 months after everyone else? As for the promotion aspect, I suspect most Pompey fans think that the play-offs are a more realistic target than outright promotion, particularly since the departure of Ben Thompson back to his parent club.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

"stats don't lie". No if you think that every effort supposedly on target is a goal in the making then I guess they don't. However when half of them trickle into the keepers hands with no possible chance it would end up in the net then it does sort of tell a different story. All you have to do to get an on target stat is touch the ball when it goes somewhere between the posts. The vast majority of your efforts would have been very hard pressed to have produced a goal from them. Most of ours didn't get that far but that isn't what I based the opinion on.

Portsmouth were disappointing from a footballing point of view. I expected a lot more from them given their lofty position and they just did not look convincing at all. They fell down a lot so any finger pointing at our players is just as valid going the other way. The Ref bottled it when it came to Evans and Adams was rightly annoyed. So would Jackett have been if the boot was on the other foot. He had every right to complain and he got booked wrongly because the Ref cocked up. My opinion for what it's worth, and to you it won't be worth much, is that Pompey only have a play off hope now and they are not good enough to go up automatically unless they go back to whatever they were doing previously.

Ides, I am making a petition to the FA to start the season in January in future and not August. Don't ask me what happens for the first 4 months of the season because I have no idea.

The Ides of March likes this.
  6. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

please log in to view this image
    TAXI FOR GREENY.....

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Expected reaction Wooperts so I'm not exactly bothered one way or the other. Just on a point about stats, they show 9 fouls for us and 17 for you. Three yellows to nil. Does that make you a dirty fouling side or just a Ref whose biased? It wasn't a dirty match but heyho lets not let that interfere with stats. You need to read some of the comments from your own who were actually there today. I believe most are saying the same regarding promotion.

8. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Your gobby manager got booked - that says everything.....

If you are, and I quote, "not exactly bothered one way or the other", then why come on our thread trolling ?.......

9. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Why the feck is giving an opinion on something I watched and am giving an honest opinion of trolling? Jesus, if you can't take a bit of honest opinion without thinking people are picking on you then you really are in trouble.

The Ref blew his whistle for a foul and your player decided to carry on and boot the ball 50 yards down the pitch in an act of petulance. That is a yellow card all day long but your man Evans had already been booked so the Ref decided to ignore the time wasting act. Adams pointed out it was a booking to the 4th Official. Why is that "gobby"? He was spot on and got booked for pointing out the Ref made an error. But don't let a fact get in the way of a good slagging. Your own supporters are saying you will only get promotion through the play offs if you get it at all so I'm only agreeing with them unless you have a lot of trolls in your own ranks.

11. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Saints_Alive likes this.
  12. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Superb play from Omar Bogle against Argyle on Saturday. No wonder Adams was so wound up :)

devonFRATTONiser likes this.
  13. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Is Adams, Greeny's real surname?...:emoticon-0136-giggl

14. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Hi Saints_Alive, how are you keeping ? I do believe you are right :emoticon-0148-yes: poor old greeny hates Derek Adams with a vengeance one minute when Argyle are playing crap football, but when they are doing a bit better he thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. Could well be related to him <laugh>

Saints_Alive likes this.
  15. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Yeah, good mate...your lads are cutting it a bit fine like ours this season, still us meeting next season is still very much on the cards. Will it prompt the reappearance of SB3 I wonder?...looks like Greeny has burnt his bridges here though...<cheers>

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Boo!!!

I still like to have a smile so read this board and your's Saints alive. It's not nice taking the p*** out of the deluded I know but I can't help myself. Keep up the good work.

17. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Goodness knows, he seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.

18. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Oooh, get you......:emoticon-0136-giggl

Saints_Alive likes this.