1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Argyle fined!

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by hp_bedoboy, Sep 21, 2011.

1. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

You're such a hero sensible <laugh>

2. greenjock

greenjock Member

<laugh> a certificate for a whole 12 yards just seems a bit easy. Did you get a trophy for the 1 yard jump? In Scotland it's called walking. They did ask me to jump in a swimming pool clothed to retrieve a brick and I didn't move. The P.E. teacher then threw in a tupenny piece and the whole class jumped in.

3. WestCountrylalala

Forum Moderator

Hmmm funny how we always have a "guest" following our every move.

Greenjock, this has been bothering me, why does a Jock support Plymouth Argyle...and live in Wiltshire??? All very strange.

4. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

i suggest you ask for time to pay and ask the FL if their credit/hp terms extend to 5 years. what next for your poor old club

5. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Even more confusing why the avatar of an aussie in clowns make up? :emoticon-0138-think

6. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

It's cool....awarded by Plymouth Education Committee and signed by someone named Chadderton or the like whilst attending St. Pauls R.C. School, St. Budeaux. Brings back a lot of memories Sensible.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Because he has his FREEDOM. simples.

8. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

It's cool...awarded by Plymouth Education Committee and signed by someone named Chadderton or the like whilst attending St. Pauls R.C. School, St Budeaux. Brings back fond memories Sensible.

9. greenjock

greenjock Member

Ok my family moved to Cornwall in the 70's, my father was a coal miner who went to work in the tin mines. I grew up sort of following Liverpool, purely because Kenny Dalglish was my hero, and all of my friends supported them because they won everything. In 1981 he took me to my first Argyle game and I was hooked. The first game I went by myself was Brian Johnson's testimonial against Aston Villa, who had just won the European Cup. I ran on the pitch after the game and got all of the Aston Villa teams autographs and was chuffed to bits walking back to the railway station, only to find there were no more trains back to Cornwall that night. I ended up spending the night in a police cell at the age of 12 <laugh>, and from then on I always checked train times before travelling.

I went to every game, home and away, of the cup run in 1984, and went to most home games for about 5 or 6 years in the mid-late 80's. There were quite a few of us travelling up from Cornwall every fortnight back then, and we would go to about 10 away games a season for years. I've seen God knows how many relegations and a few promotions, been to Wembley, and pushed Craig Rich over for a dare when he was reporting from the pitch at the end of the season.

I've now been to around 50 away grounds, and actually have a pretty good record, so I consider myself a bit of a lucky charm at away games. I even went to the Shrewsbury game this year. I moved to Wiltshire 6 years ago when my marriage broke down, and the first game I went after moving here was Luton at Home Park and ended up getting a 4 year football banning order because of a group of us just having a laugh amongst ourselves and the stewards not liking it.

I'm now struggling to get to any games because I have a 5 month old son and my partner is a chef so she works every Saturday, and I'm on extra paternity leave until January when I'm being made redundant.

Im support Argyle and Scotland and hate the Johnny come lately glory hunters who wear Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc shirts, yet have no affinity with that team. Where I work its all Premier League shirts, except for one Swindon fan and Bristol Rovers fan. There is another Argyle fan there, but he hasn't been to a game in 15 years and just looks out for our result really these days.

So thats me!

10. greenjock

greenjock Member

Oh and If you look at my profile, not my avatar, you can see the real me.

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Love the real you greenjock and I'm sure I dated you once a few years back. I note you also have no friends on your profile. Could be you are too cuddly I think.

12. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Anyone going to bar tonight?

13. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Andy Rogers from the corner then dodge the barrage of seats <laugh>....ahhh good times

14. WestCountrylalala

Forum Moderator

Greenjock, interesting but you should post it on your profile.

15. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Please God no my eyes are still burning :emoticon-0104-surpr

16. WestCountrylalala

Forum Moderator

Think I prefer the avatar <laugh>

17. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Was at the Baseball ground too Mexijan....will never forget it!

18. greenjock

greenjock Member

Sod that, I'm not doing that all over again <laugh>

19. greenjock

greenjock Member

Both games against Derby I had tickets in the Derby end as a friend of my dad got them from a woman who ran a boarding house in Derby where the apprentices used to stay. At Home Park I managed to get moved to the Mayflower End and either the Sunday Independant or WMN produced a souvenier paper called the Pilgrims Progress for the semi-final, and theres a photo of me in the crowd slap bang in the middle of one of the pages. It was pretty hairy at the Baseball Ground, especially as my dad was of the opinion anyone should be able to support whoever they wanted without any trouble. Easy for him to say after a half bottle of rum, in the home end, supporting the away team in the little matter of an FA Cup Quarter Final replay.

20. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

greenjock............an Arygle and a Scotland supporter..........good grief you get life for less than that surely.............at least you claimed to be world champions back in 1967 at Wembley...........but thats before your time I think.