1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are we going down?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Feb 15, 2019.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Our recent form over 10, 8, 6, 4 games.

10 games
    21 Gillingham
    22 Shrewsbury Town
    23 Accrington Stanley
    24 Walsall

8 games
    18 Gillingham
    19 Southend United
    20 Oxford United
    21 AFC Wimbledon
    22 Walsall
    23 Shrewsbury Town
    24 Rochdale

6 games
    18 Gillingham
    19 Southend United
    20 Rochdale
    21 AFC Wimbledon
    22 Walsall
    23 Shrewsbury Town
    24 Accrington Stanley

4 games
    21 Shrewsbury
    22 Gillingham
    23 Southend United
    24 Walsall

Shrewsbury, Walsall and us seem to be 3 of the teams that are looking shaky.

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

I'm sort of becoming resigned to relegation. I made a comment at the end of last season where i said sack the lot of them, with the exception of Zak, Eaves and Wagstaff. Good to see the latter of those names being the downfall of West Ham in the FA Cup and gracing our TV screens in Football Focus today.

I've maintained throughout, let Lovell get the job done, but i still feel he fails to recognise the true ability of the team, and there is some within it, namely RCC as way of example.

Some might not like this, but maybe Lovell's replacement is already lined up, he's cheap, he will not ask for much and he currently plays in the number 12 shirt.

3. brb

brb CR250

Cancel thread, Gills win <party>

grumpygit likes this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

What a difference a week makes.
    I really enjoyed todays game, we looked up for it from the start, not sure who was offside for the first goal as it was at the wrong end of the pitch.
    Definitely deserved the win on first half performance, a little less convincing in the second.
    The midfield made all the difference today closing Scunthorpe down and stopping them from playing.

gioblues and brb like this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

After 32 games we are averaging 1.125 points per game, if we maintain this form over the last 14 games we will finish on 51.75 points.
    As the league don't award fractions of a point we need a slight improvement for the remainder of the season.

brb likes this.
  6. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

That could be enough lol

brb likes this.
  7. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

The mood around the club does seem to go from one extreme to the other very quickly. We lose tonight and it will be followed by doom and gloom again. When our players play to their maximum, we get the wins. How often have they done it? Not enough. Why? Either the set up or the psychology of the players is the reason.

brb likes this.
  8. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

We shall see how much doom and gloom comes from tonight.
    I watched Sunderland v Accrington on Friday. The captain of Sunderland was feeling sorry for himself - because of all their dropped points--- and said that they were playing well enough and that " We're going to beat somebody 5-0 soon. "
    I shall be watching the game - but - with my son - on his 82" television. I will NOT have to set off about NOW. It won't cost me nearly £100 on fuel, coach fare, ticket and catering -- nor will I arrive home at 7am tomorrow morning......... And I have the option of turning over to watch Messi.

9. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I don't think tonight is about doom and gloom even if we lose, anything we might get would be a bonus.

10. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

I think tonight is more about performance. Fact is if we play well, the way Sunderland have been playing we could well get something out of it.

If we get tanked then there's every reason to be worried. From reports I've seen we were better on Saturday, and we need to maintain and build on that improvement. If the inconsistencies that have plagued us so far this season haven't been overcome, then with time running down (but still not yet out) the scale of the problem just increases.

11. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Are we going down ?

I hope not, but last night's Gills weren't one of the better teams that we've played recently :emoticon-0145-shake

Gillingham were 'game' 'cos they tried to play football instead of deploying time-wasting tactics throughout like most teams have recently, and hoping for a lucky break (which is always possibile, it seems, 'cos of our uneasy defence). Unfortunately, being 'game' isn't usually rewarded, I've found, so I hope that you can change that a bit.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season :emoticon-0105-wink:

brb likes this.