1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are the refs copping out?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Jun 19, 2018.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Yesterday looked like a prime example of referees waiting for the VAR to make the difficult decisions for them. Howard Webb said that wasn’t supposed to happen but rather that the refs were supposed to call what they see and use the system only for validation or to correct any error. How on earth any official could miss 2 body slams that could have been seen from the moon. All of those officials should be removed but you have to bear in mind that the event is in Russia Eh.

2. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

He didn't cop out when he gave the penalty against us!!

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I do try and give referees some slack - they are only human - but how those rugby tackles on Kane were missed by ALL the officials when the softest of connections in our own box incurred punishment I will never know. It does smell of bias or corruption - or sheer incompetence.

Reliant Robin TC2 and Redprintt like this.
  4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Of course it will happen, look at cricket, the on-field umpires they don’t even check for no-balls anymore knowing if a wicket falls it will be reviewed, also 9 times out 10 they will go ‘upstairs’ for run out decisions that are blatantly obvious
    This is why I and most people don’t want this in football.

5. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I had hear, at least in the case of marginal offside decisions, that the officials have been prompted to allow play to continue - that way, if no infringements have taken place, there's isn't an unfair disruption to the game.

VAR isn't the end of debate and discussion and the process can be improved, but if it improves the frequency of correct decisions being made then it's a positive step in the right direction.

6. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

VAR initself isn’t the problem, if used correctly it could ensure more correct decisions are made more often , the problem is the bafoons that administer the beautiful game , & unfortunately that isn’t going to change anytime soon.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

VAR ****e today again Used wrongly give a penalty that the referee correctly didn't give originally, and not used to send off Otamendi for what should have been an indisputable red card offence.

8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I think it's starting to look like a totally wrong decision because now they have over ridden the role of the referee. Yes I know they make mistakes but now I have noticed players signalling for a video review of some total nonsense and it will start to make the referees feel as useless as a hat rack to a moose. Let's go back to past and claim back our game complete with officials who know their job and do it very well, without all this modern technology nonsense.

9. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

That ref today in the Germany v Sweden games needs hanging.

Def penalty and never looked at Var.