1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are Man Utd fans frustrated we are not spending?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by nolhman123, Jan 30, 2011.

1. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

Are you? Can you take it that we are now a club looking for bargain deals. Would you rather us spend 100m on 4 players and be 3rd in the league or buy Hernandez type players and be 1st?

2. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

How about spend the sort of money befitting the most profitable club in the world and come first? We definitely do look for barngains and in Chicarito we have got a major steal. Doesn't mean we shouldn't spend big in the midfield though!

3. Kamran - KingKoscielny

Kamran - KingKoscielny Active Member

I think UTD need someone like Nuri Sahin. He has set the Bundesliga alight this season. He's a box-to-box midfielder with a fantastic range of passing. German pundits are already claiming he's player of the season in the Bundesliga. Plus, he's only 22.

4. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

Merry who can we spend on? who be serous here and don't mention players over 30m as I can tell you now that won't happen with our manager. Who is there really to buy? Sneidjer won't join which ends that story. Bastien won't join which ends that option. WHO?WHo?Who?who?

5. Jalisco Red

Jalisco Red Member

It doesn't bother me all that much that we're not spending, it's the REASONS we're not spending that bothers me (i.e. debt, Glazers).

I do think IF we go on to win the league this season it will be that little bit sweeter having been written off for not spending big (well, not THAT big) to replace Ronaldo and Tevez.

6. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

Maybe we could sign some players who are between 17-21 and talented from brazil, mexico, argentina. I am sure there is a gem there in waiting.

7. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

Okay, we already signed a gem in mexico called Hernandez. But we need to look in argentina and brazil now. They must have some class acts. I don't believe this Glazer rubbish is halting us as what is the point in 157.5m sitting in the bank. Either it is for players or for paying debts but it has not been touched for 2 years. What is the point in that? In my eyes Ferguson does not want to spend.

8. Jalisco Red

Jalisco Red Member

If Ferguson doesn't want to spend, or doesn't see the need to spend, then that's fine with me. <ok>

9. merrysupersteve

Lol. We don't need a superstar. What we need is a midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and doesn't panic or abandon his footballing principles. Imo, we have too many midfielders who do the job when we're comfortable but are happy to let the opposition dictate the game when we have a lead or generally look comfortable. We should always be setting the pace and that is the most effective way of seeing out any game imo.

10. merrysupersteve

Malcolm Glazer likes this ;)

11. bruceandpally

bruceandpally New Member

I like the fact that we're challenging on 3 fronts and are having (or choosing) to watch the pennys makes it even sweeter when we win and shove it back in ABU's 'orrible little faces <ok>

12. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

Fact is by and large it IS the players we have spent big on that are performing this year, with the exception of rooney. Anderson, Nani and now even berbatov are stepping up to the plate. Obertan and the like are not.

It is also a reflection on our football of how bad at times our midfeild is. We havent played anything like good football this year.

And I dont think spending 30 million on a player would a problem for fergie, he has done it before on a few occasions. Why not now? Ok he will never go and blow say 50 million on torres, but this isnt what the fans want anyway so is not an issue.

Fact is though come the summer I bank money on the fact hargreaves will be gone, most likely scholes aswell, gibson aint good enough, fletchers been looking terrible this year and ando for as good as he has been at times simply is not getting the chances to play game after game which is what he needs (Maybe there is still trouble with his knee's?) and despite the fact he has improved their is far better players out there than carrick.

13. merrysupersteve

<applause> Can't add anything to that.

14. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

Who is available at a good price? Scholes I think he will stay like Giggs is

15. manutd

manutd New Member

what I feel is instead of trying the duhs like gibson and obertan, we must give chance to the likes of morrison and pogba. It might as well help, look at wilshere and alex chamberwhatever. People say that we do have good youths but when will they get opportunity? maybe when they aren't young anymore.

16. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Buying big does not guarantee success, see dipperpool for that.

17. johnnybgoode

johnnybgoode New Member

I have to say I agree with Sir Alex, there really is no value in the transfer market at the moment. I think United should do what they have always done and put their faith in their youth - remember Fergies fledglings. You can win with kids and that approach is the best for the game overall

18. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

You seem to forget that berfore, during and after the fledglings fergie has alsways bought big.

The majority of utds great players have been bought.

19. johnnybgoode

johnnybgoode New Member

In any case I'm not too worried about not signing anyone in January as we are top by 5 points and unbeaten without playing well. That doesn't say much about the quality of the rest of the teams. My only potential concern would be in Europe as if we come up against the spanish teams we would be annihalated

20. maddog

maddog Member

Run out of plastic at the original plastic club