1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are English clubs back?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<doh>
    Just stop and marvel at the ****tardedness of what you just said......

FIFA, UEFA, The English Football Association and the Premier League, as well as most of the world, disagrees with you I am afraid.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  2. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

That is part of my point. Since you can't tell who had the good and bad luck you can't be sure that the points gained reflected the performances. So you have some uncertainty about who the best team is.

I don't know why this is in any way controversial. It's true about all sorts of things.

I'm not trying to devalue the trophy winners but that isn't the only measure of how good the team is and what is likely to happen next.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

So the amount of games required to determine which team is best, does it just so happen to be however many games it takes to show Spurs are the best....by any chance?

<laugh>
    You ****ing melt.

4. PowerSpurs

I've never claimed that Spurs are the best and I don't think we are. But my initial post was in response to someone saying that we didn't have the best starting XI. It's perfectly consistent with the data that we do.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I see so you are claiming that you are not the best team but have the best 11 and base it on 2 years worth of data?

Hows it feel being the unluckiest team in the world as theres no way the best 11 cant not win 1 trophy in the last 2 years considering you have the best 11

Gareth1808 and PINKIE like this.
  6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I think your data is insignificant, flawed and bent to suit your personal agenda.
    The league of teams, each playing each other twice to determine a points total, the highest team of which is crowned champions, has been working for 130 years.
    But wait, here comes Powerspurs with a new method.....

Calculate all results over 167 games, divide them by 2, carry the denominator and round it to the nearest Prime number....and OH, what is this? Spurs are champions you say? Well I never......

The Ginger Marks and PINKIE like this.
  7. PowerSpurs

But I'm not claiming that the data proves that we are the best team. I'm just saying the it is possible that we have the best XI. I've not proposed a new method for giving out trophies so why claim that I have

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You said "My point is that 38 games is not always enough to determine which the best team is"
    Implying that you think the current league method is flawed.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Surely there's a number of clubs who could claim that they possibly have the best starting XI also then ?

I think you're making a bit of a non point to be honest. Good effort arguing for it for the last 3 pages though <laugh>

The Ginger Marks and Bodinki like this.
  10. PowerSpurs

I don't think it is flawed at all. It is far and away the best method of finding the best team. It's just that it won't always succeed as luck will interfere. The World Cup winners only play 7 games. That means luck matters even more but it doesn't mean the tournament is flawed.

11. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

For me, Bobby, we have a starting eleven that can match pretty much anybody. What we lack is the squad depth that a lot of our rivals have.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

See that I agree with.
    Spurs are a great side and can beat anyone on their day.
    But yeah, if you lose one or two of your first XI through injury or suspension, the quality in the rest of your squad is lacking.

13. PowerSpurs

Absolutely and if @Blueman had posted that it was laughable that some Man City fans thought they had the best starting XI I would probably have responded to that too. I think any of Spurs, Chelsea and Man City could point to some evidence that they have the best starting XI but none would be conclusive.

I've simply been trying to deal with people who misinterpreted my posts.....

14. The Ginger Marks

They were the best team over 38 games mate, the fact they scored in the second week of injury time means jack ****. We all get pens that aren't pens and corners that wasn't corners, it pretty much evens out over a season. You need to get over yourself and except the fact your team wasn't good enough both times you were good enough to challenge in 56 years.

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

second week of injury time??!
    That puts Fergie time to shame <laugh>

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  16. The Ginger Marks

And you would have to ask the money laundering git who's running your club as to why he is presiding over a team who have had their best chance of a title in 56 years and needs only one or two marquee signings to go to the next level and he gets you Sissoko and a sexually traumatised Columbian schoolboy. <doh>

17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Sissoko was a mistake, yes. Although he's played well in our last couple of games.

The other player I assume you're referring to in your infantile rant is presumably Sanchez?

If so, you're wrong! He's young, but a terrific prospect under MP.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  18. The Ginger Marks

Frustration in the face of ignorance Bod 4 mins, 10 mins or two weeks it doesn't matter. <laugh>

19. PowerSpurs

The bolded bit is exactly the misunderstanding I'm trying to explain. It doesn't and can't. Some teams will benefit and some will lose out. That's how luck works.
    It's nothing to do with Spurs - it didn't affect our position in either season.

20. The Ginger Marks

Exactly! Under Poncetto. <laugh>