1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anyone for Bolo?

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by evergold, Jul 3, 2011.

1. evergold

evergold New Member

Anyone feel that Bolo Zenden may have something to offer Wolves on a relatively cheap 1-year contract? He's almost 35, true, but has bags of Premiership experience and played very well in many games last season. He'd surely relish a final year in the Premiership and would probably take reasonable wages to extend his career there. He's had a career in top clubs and could bring invaluable experience to the Wolves midfield.

Just a thought.

Mick's not having much success with his target transfers yet. True, there are weeks to go still but last minute signings bring the need to integrate players too quickly - so let's hope he gets a move on in July. May be tough to attract players to the club though with the 3Ms looking for lowish transfer fees and paying relatively low wages. Also, there are a couple more Prem. clubs with foreign owners who can inject a few bob for players than there were last summer. Maybe Wolverhampton will have to follow Paris's example and spread thousands of tons of sand across the streets around Molineux to create a "Costa Wolva" and kid new players they're sunbathing on the Med!

As for a previous poster who reckoned that Wolves need just a couple more signings, I disagree. The defence as a whole is simply not assured or classy enough to keep the club much above its position in the last two years. Berra and Stearman can be ponderous at times (too often, in fact) and a full back of substance is needed. The midfield has unlimited effort but lacks subtelty, imagination and inspiration, apart from Milijas. To reach even mid-table, at least one more player is needed there.

Then there is the problem of the dross which needs to be cleared out, mostly to ease the wages bill because the majority of these players will fetch little more than sod-all in transfer fees. Mick is going to have to work very hard to clear these I fear - but then he bought them!

Overall, Swansea, Norwich and the like may enable Wolves to stay in the Prem. this coming season, but a change in philosophy at the club is needed if more than survival is to be achieved. Possibly rejeuvenated, West Ham and Birmingham may pose bigger threats the season after, along with Cardiff and a few other bigger Champ. clubs. Wolves need their act sorting before then!

2. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

I can't see Zenden coming to Molineux. We all know that rule number 1 is you must put in a shift. Classy as he is he has always tended to drift in and out of games and that's got to happen more as he gets older.
    I'm more optimistic than you about where we are. I think O'Hara is a great signing, and we've got threats from out wide with Jarvo and Stephen Hunt. If Kights can get back to his best or Hammill build on a promising start the strikers should be getting better service than they have since we were promoted.
    So I do think the key is to sort out the defence and that is a problem. There is not one defender I would pick without hesitation, and that even includes Foley, who is one of my favourite players. Buying four new defenders and hoping they strike up an understanding is not the way to go.
    The management is building gradually, and I just think we need to be a bit patient, but also not sell our best players.

3. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Young and hungry is what we seem to be pushing for so i can't see MMMs getting him in.

4. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

If you do get him he will be good for you. He always put in a full shift for us and I for one thought he should have been given more playing time at Sunderland. He is real class

5. CanarySpurs

CanarySpurs Active Member

I wouldn't underestimate Norwich, I think they can cause a few upsets, like Blackpool did last season. Swansea and QPR will go straight back down tho, I imagine.