1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Anyone else....

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Tramore Ranger, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

working today?

As you can tell I am, well doing a bit in between posting on here.......

Will work until mid afternoon ish until a bottle either goes pop or crack, depending on whether said bottle has a cork or screw cap.........

Anyway Happy Christmas to my fellow R's sufferers and your families and a Healthy and Prosperous 2018.

Oh and to those of you partaking in the prediction league I will get a table done over the Christmas, that's one of my to do jobs along with my VAT return........

Up The R's

kiwiqpr, KentGaz, rangercol and 4 others like this.
  2. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

I am, expected nothing to happen but guess what, kin mental

kiwiqpr and Tramore Ranger like this.
  3. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Just finished all my work for the year Tramore, so am heading off to the German Christmas Market (why is it always German, do no other nationalities have one?) for some mulled wine and cider.

Everyone, have a great festive period - 12 points for the Rs coming up? Ollie the saviour reborn? Doubt it, but we can hope!

Happy Christmas! <cracker><cheers>

kiwiqpr and Tramore Ranger like this.
  4. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Ian my Burnley supporting mate retires from work today, how wonderful......

Wherever likes this.
  5. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Arrived at the supermarket at 7.15 this morning. Dark, wet, cold and I had to pick a trolley with a wheel on the p*ss. I count that as work.

Anyway, a Happy Christmas to all posters and families and a best wishes for a Happy and Successful 2018, and a special thanks to our mods who have done such great work over the past year. <cracker><bubbly>

rangercol, SwanHills, QPR999 and 2 others like this.
  6. Devonhoop

Devonhoop Well-Known Member

Here 'til 5:00pm our advertised closing time for today, all a bit quiet but trucks still being serviced in the workshop this afternoon so need to show willing!

Re-iterate Goldie's comments to all the posters and especially the mods for a Happy Christmas and fantastic New Year. Yeeeeeee Rrrrrrrrrr's

QPR999 and Tramore Ranger like this.
  7. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Still working (if you can call the lazy, apathetic and cynical way that I spend the week work!)

As it’s Christmas, I’m letting my boss take me up The Shard.

Anybody got any lube?

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

No work for me today :emoticon-0136-giggl

Like Goldie, I've been out supermarket shopping with the mrs. Three different stores, Sainsburys, M & S and Tesco's. Every shop was an unpleasant experience. I did wonder why we had to go to three different stores when we could get everything in one. I couldn't be arsed to ask her why. I can't see me shopping in Tesco ever again, they've really gone downhill.

Going to walk the dog about three and then meet my mate for Friday beers at five.

Merry Christmas one and all <cheers>

please log in to view this image

9. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Got up at 05:30 and worked from home. Finished my last work chores by 10:00 and am now helping the other half prepare for Christmas.

Have fun folks!

10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I finished up on Wednesday and have now been set various household cleaning chores in preparation for Christmas guests. Far harder work than anything I do in paid employment. Merry Christmas everyone.

Tramore Ranger and Uber_Hoop like this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I stopped working on Monday and am not going back until 3 January, as I have weeks of untaken holiday hanging around.

Then nearly ruined Christmas on Tuesday by doing my tax return and getting a demand for a considerable sum by the end of January. I think I have now worked out what the mistake is so have cheered up a bit, though I will have to talk to someone from the HMRC early in the new year to sort it out. Then I am getting a tax accountant to do this for me in future, it is a hateful experience.

I found Tesco’s a slightly better experience than Waitrose Ninesy. All in control now, just the meat to pick up from the butchers on Christmas Eve (****ing great butcher who opens on Sundays) and cheeses to select, both of which I can walk to. Nearly all the presents bought and wrapped, cards sent .....actually this is alarmingly ahead of schedule, I must have forgotten something crucial.

Merry Christmas all

12. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I am now retired did I mention that before:1980_boogie_down:

No work today...Hubbie took me out to buy my christmas present camera this morning
    Shopping done yesterday.....but will need to go again on Sunday....as we have forgotten so much.

off to have a drink before going to follow the Mummers around the village, telling their very non-PC story of how St George killed the Turkish knight
    please log in to view this image

kiwiqpr, Tramore Ranger and QPRski like this.
  13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Papa Lazarou!

Uber_Hoop and qprbeth like this.
  14. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Blackface very un-pc. I see Princess Michael of Kent is getting crap for wearing a black faced broach this morning while meeting Megan

15. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Well the good news is that the bottle has been cracked open, the house white this year is Gruner Veltliner, work has finished apart from doing my own accounts and vat return.

After a bite to eat I'm heading out for a couple of pints with my mate who retired 5 hours ago.........

Cheers all......<ale>

16. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Finished work a little earlier than planned this week as I was struck down with what appears to have been severe tendinitis (in my dominant hand too...ever tried wiping your arse with the wrong hand? <yikes>). The tablets have worked well though.
    At least this meant that I could catch up with all my paper work, including the dreaded tax return (SB - mine was a bit less than I was expecting. Needless to say, I didn't wait around to check it!!).

We also braved tesco early doors.........it was chuffing heaving!! Have also visited relatives, braving the M25 in the process. Tucked up now with a nice glass of wine ahead of meeting friends down the local Indian later.

Merry Christmas all. Hopefully, as I'm at the game tomorrow, Rangers will give us all some cheer!

You Rrrssss!

sb_73 and Tramore Ranger like this.
  17. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Just finished the last minute food shopping..... With idiots everywhere and carrying a newly obtained rasping cough thats attached itself to my chest...... So it basically feels like i've been working!

Merry christmas to all my fellow R's and forumites, hope you all have a cracker!

Steelmonkey and Tramore Ranger like this.
  18. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Had a half day today as I will tomorrow then off till 2nd Jan. Shopping a nightmare this afternoon with queues longer than some of the aisles but got everything and looking forward to my leisure and the usual round of in-laws and outlaws. Merry Christmas one and all...<bubbly>

19. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Yes, had that almost 50 years ago with a broken wrist, it pays to be ambidextrous...:grin:

rangercol and Tramore Ranger like this.
  20. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Don't you have a bidet, Col?