1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic any Mxs out there

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Fascinating read. Tx for posting.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

UTRs likes this.
  3. Rangers Til I Die

As ever, there are some serious double standards here. If I, as an obvious male, decided that I wanted to use the women's loo, I suspect the local constabulary will want to have a serious word with me at least. However, if I put a dress on and do the same, they would have to respect my choice? Absolute madness of the most ridiculous order!

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  4. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I was going to make the same point, but couldn’t start typing until my nails were dry.

5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Jarvis Dupont‏@JarvisDupont 9h9 hours ago
    Today my friend Davina is upset because it's #MothersDay and her gynaecologist told her she cannot give birth due to her having a penis. I told her he knows nothing about modern biology and she needs to ask for a second opinion from someone on Tumblr.

UTRs and Uber_Hoop like this.
  6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Hospital is forced to apologise to a transgender woman who visited a ward dressed as Mrs Claus after a nurse mistook her for a man and exclaimed 'erggh' when corrected
    •Chantelle Saunders was left 'very upset' about the way she was treated by staff
    •She claims nurse replied 'Er...it's a man' when she wished her happy Christmas
    •Hospital said the nurse thought she was male because 'you had a full beard'
    By Rory Tingle For Mailonline
    Published: 00:48 AEST, 8 April 2019 | Updated: 07:42 AEST, 8 April 2019

Chantelle Saunders, who is transitioning from male to female, said she was left 'very, very upset' by the way she was treated by staff
    A hospital has been forced to apologise to a transgender woman who visited a ward dressed as Mrs Claus at Christmas after the nurse mistook her for a man and exclaimed 'erggh' when corrected.
    Chantelle Saunders, who is transitioning from male to female, said she was left 'very, very upset' by the way she was treated by staff at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital.
    The 34-year-old claims a nurse replied 'Er...it's a man' when she wished her 'Happy Christmas' while wearing an Ann Summers Mrs Claus outfit.

Chantelle, from Exeter, visited the hospital on Christmas Eve last year in full make-up, wig and costume to spread some festive cheer.
    But she said she was disgusted after the nurse believed she was a man and then replied 'erggh' when she informed her she was a transgender woman.
    In a letter the hospital told Chantelle that the nurse thought she was male because 'you had a full beard and were dressed in male attire'.
    But they have now apologised and said they are keen to speak to Chantelle to see if they can 'explore how we can resolve any remaining issues she has'.
    Chantelle said she has never had a beard, even before she began her three year transition, and blasted the nurse's actions.
    She said: 'I was very, very upset. I'm a transgender woman - transitioning from male to female. I went to visit my friend in hospital on Christmas Eve on one of the RD&E ward.
    'She was in having an operation and there was a nurse in the cubicle. I said 'Happy Christmas' and the nurse replied 'Er...it's a man'.
    'I said 'No I'm a transgender woman' and she said 'errgh'.'
    The incident happened on Christmas Eve at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital (seen in a file photo)
    Chantelle said she complained to the NHS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) and received a comment back from the assistant head of nursing apologising for saying 'happy Christmas, sir'.
    'But I appealed and made another complaint about that because they didn't speak to me or speak to my two witnesses.
    'Now I have had a letter back from the deputy chief executive/chief nurse which basically says that the nurse involved has no recollection of making the comment - but again they never spoke to my two witnesses.'
    She then read out part of the letter, which said that staff were trained to enquire about how people wished to be addressed.
    Chantelle continued: 'The bit of the letter that has really upset me is this bit, it says, 'However when a person is visited we are advised to address the person as they are seen. In your case I understand you had a full beard and were dressed in male attire'.'
    Chantelle said if the hospital had contacted her witnesses they would all testify that she was dressed as a woman, as she has for the last three years since she began transitioning and taking female hormones.

The 34-year-old claims a nurse replied 'Er...it's a man' when she wished her 'Happy Christmas' while wearing an Ann Summers Mrs Claus outfit
    She said: 'I am always dressed as a woman. I had full make-up. I had my hair on. I am on female hormones and do not have a beard.
    'Even my passport shows that I am female. This second letter is even worse than the first.
    'Life is difficult enough when you are transitioning. I have had hate crimes committed against me.
    'But I am very surprised that this is how I have been treated. They are usually very good and treat me properly. But this is just ridiculous.'
    Friend Chloe Palmer, 20, said: 'I was with Chantelle. She had got a Mrs Claus outfit from Ann Summers and she had stockings and make-up and her hair done.
    'I was upset because in that industry they should be used to having different kinds of people going in and out without passing judgement. I was a bit shocked.'
    In a statement from the hospital, Chief Nurse Em Wilkinson-Brice said: 'We are always sorry to hear when a patient or visitor is unhappy with their experience at the RD&E.
    'In this case we have investigated the complaint and apologised for any offence caused.
    'We are keen to speak with Ms Saunders to explore how we can resolve any remaining issues she has.
    'All staff at the RD&E undergo equality and diversity training as standard, reflecting the importance we place on the value of inclusion and collaboration.'

7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Here you go Kiwi, to add another spanner into the works how about non-binary...

Sam Smith comes out as non-binary: 'I'm not male or female'

Sam Smith has come out as non-binary saying he feels "like a woman sometimes" and has considered having a sex change.

He was speaking to actress Jameela Jamil about fame, body image and confidence.

"I've always had a little bit of a war going within my body and my mind," Sam said in the interview.

"I do think like a woman sometimes, in my head. Sometimes I've questioned 'Do I want a sex change?'

"It's something I still think about, like, 'Do I want to?'"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47612616

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  8. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Vic Reeves<laugh>

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Steelmonkey, Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  9. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Anyway whatever Sam is he's/she's a top singer and artist<ok><cheers>

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

So I have absolutely no problem with transgender, if you are an adult and you feel you want to change sex (male-female; female-male) that is your choice and the only people you have to deal with are friends and family. I have two close and lovely friends who are transgender and are now both living their lives as men and are far far happier for it (but still have to take an awful lot of abuse too!)

However if you are male and have gone through puberty and your body has fully developed as a male and possible even developed and trained as an athlete, and then you change gender and still compete I then have a problem. I would have a similar problem female to male, but as far as I can think it never gives you an advantage in male sport (please correct me if wrong). I have every sympathy with CeCe Telfer wanting to live as a woman, please do..I will make no comment on that and wish her well, but I do have a problem with her competing as a woman, after spending 20 years (lets say 10 years of puberty) conditioning her body with testosterone.

Okay I am glad I have put that down on paper

QPRski, kiwiqpr, Wherever and 2 others like this.
  12. Uber_Hoop

The only sport I can think of where a female to male would have an unfair advantage is curling, where their innate ability to use a broom and sweep up would give them a competitive edge. :)

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.
  13. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I love you Uber...you always fly just so close to the wind!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

QPRski, kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Kaylie Sato‏@KaylieSato 9h9 hours ago
    Follow Follow @KaylieSato Following Following @KaylieSato Unfollow Unfollow @KaylieSato Blocked Blocked @KaylieSato Unblock Unblock @KaylieSato
    Today I was very sad to learn that @jk_rowling is a #TERF. I guess I'll be burning my Harry Potter Books now. So disappointed, I've been a lifelong fan.

Caitlin Spice ‏@CateSpice 23h23 hours ago
    Follow Follow @CateSpice Following Following @CateSpice Unfollow Unfollow @CateSpice Blocked Blocked @CateSpice Unblock Unblock @CateSpice
    So in case you haven't heard yet, J.K. Rowling follows multiple TERF accounts and zero trans positive accounts. She's relying on her stealth terfery to continue grubbing for the queer dollar while being a transphobic ratmidden in the background.

whats jk done to upset the book burners
    (she already has your money)

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  15. Rangers Til I Die

What's she done? Exhibited some common sense perhaps?

kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  16. Uber_Hoop

Is this the start of a terf war?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Apparently JK has stealth terfery

UTRs and Uber_Hoop like this.
  18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Transgender Weightlifter Wins Two Gold Medals in Women’s Division
    EmailRedditTwitter

AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein
    Warner Todd Huston16 Jul 201916,548
    A transgender weightlifter has swept the women’s categories in the 2019 Pacific Games in Samoa, winning two gold medals over natural-born female opponents.
    Laurel Hubbard has once again crushed natural-born female opponents winning two gold medals and a silver in three heavyweight categories for women at the games, according to the Washington Times.
    Hubbard defeated Samoa’s Feagaiga Stowers, who won the gold last year when Hubbard pulled out due to an injury.
    Born as Gavin Hubbard, the 41-year-old weightlifter has cut a wide swath through female weightlifting after transitioning as a transgender woman six years ago. The only hiccup in Hubbard’s domination of the sport was an elbow injury during last year’s Commonwealth Games.
    Hubbard’s continued gains in the Pacific region may have served to spur the leading U.S. weightlifting association to ban men transitioning to females from competing against natural-born women.
    This year, USA Powerlifting delegates voted 46 to 4 to keep a previous policy banning transgender participation amid pressure from well-funded transgender athletes to reverse the ban.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Steelmonkey and Uber_Hoop like this.
  20. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Eight of Iran's women's football team 'are men'
    Iran's football association accused of being 'unethical' after it is claimed eight players in women's national team are men awaiting sex change operations

Eight of Iran women’s football revealed to be men Photo: Getty Images

By Barney Henderson
    11:16PM BST 30 Sep 2015
    Eight of Iran's women's football team are actually men awaiting sex change operations, it has been claimed.
    The country's football association was accused of being "unethical" for knowingly fielding eight men in its women's team.
    Mojtabi Sharifi, an official close to the Iranian league, told an Iranian news website: “[Eight players] have been playing with Iran’s female team without completing sex change operations.”
    On Wednesday, authorities reportedly ordered gender testing of the entire national squad and leading league players. The names of the players thought to be male were not revealed.
    Iran's women national football team (red) play a friendly football match with club Malavan Anzali football team in Tehran (File Picture) Photo: Getty Images
    The Iranian women's team play in hijab headscarfs, long-sleeved tops and tracksuit bottoms.
    In 2014, the country's football governing body introduced random checks after it was revealed that four national team players were either men who had not completed sex change operations, or were suffering from sexual development disorders.
    In 2010, doubts were raised about the gender of the team's goalkeeper.
    Gender change operations are legal in Iran according to a fatwa - or religious ruling - pronounced by the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, spiritual leader of the 1979 Islamic revolution.
    The law contrasts with the strict rules governing sexual morality under the country's Sharia legal code, which forbids homosexuality and pre-marital sex.
    Sex changes are commonly carried out in phases in Iran, with the full procedure taking up to two years and including hormone therapy before the full gender transformation is completed.
    Iranian Malavan Anzali women's football team warms up during a training session in the Caspian Sea city of Bandar Anzali (File Picture) Photo: Getty Images
    Football is highly popular among many Iranian women, despite religious rules that bar them from entering stadiums to watch matches between male teams.
    Earlier this month the women's national team captain was unable to fly with the squad to Malaysia because her husband refused her permission to fly.
    Players of Iran's women national football team Photo: GETTY IMAGES
    “As a Muslim woman, I wanted to work for my country’s flag to be raised [at the games], rather than traveling for leisure and fun,” Niloufar Ardalan, 30, said at the time.
    “I wish authorities would create [measures] that would allow female athletes to defend their rights in such situations.”

UTRs, QPRski and Uber_Hoop like this.