1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic any Mxs out there

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Nov 24, 2017.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Beth's gone quackers

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Quick
    Someone get Vern a Yorkie bar

Although apparently they are not for women

Or kiwis as I very rarely see them on sale here

UTRs and Uber_Hoop like this.
  3. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I don’t recall mentioning you or your life at all.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Beth is the most feminine scientist I have ever met.
    Other than my science teacher miss Moore
    Now she was feminine
    And she liked a short skirt

UTRs likes this.
  5. Uber_Hoop

Did you call her Less Is Moore?

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Nothing less about her mate

Uber_Hoop and UTRs like this.
  7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

No you didn't...
    But you did say if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck ....

So I was just demonstrating that might not always be correct...

8. Uber_Hoop

My reference was about this individual only. Why do some people want to criticise others for what they haven’t said and/or make it about themselves?

Goldhawk-Road and rangercol like this.
  9. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Why do some people want to criticise other people for what they haven't said...exactly.

Why is this thread devoted to criticising and making fun of people for their life choices.

10. Uber_Hoop

What’s your view on whether the swimmer should be allowed to compete in this category?

Where have I criticised someone for something they haven’t said?

Is criticism now banned?

(I’m as fed up with the position you’ve taken on this as you probably are with mine. You stepped in, made it about you, gave us all an unsolicited insight into your earlier life and then implied that I’m one of those that would’ve jumped to the wrong conclusion about you back then. You can have the last word on this particular discussion, if you want it. No doubt I’ll post something in the near future that’ll offend somebody.)

11. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Like you Uber. I am fed up/ dislike this thread intensely. It is full of unfunny "jokes" and sensationalised "news stories" about trans people. There is very very little meaningful discussion. Just crass comments

Most people ( but not all) on here have no idea about trans people. And so many of the postings on this thread are offensive. ..and also none of our business.

That is why I explained something that happened to me...It was my story to tell, and no its is really not all about me, but as I cannot explain to you what all this feels like to a trans person who feels they were born into the wrong body...its the best I can do

UTRs likes this.
  12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

We have the Olympics
    The Paralympics

Why not add the translympics
    Then the boys and girls can get on with racing and swimming against each other

There probably won't be many competitors but what they won't have in numbers they will make up for in noise

Or just make everyone race against each other
    Then no woman will ever win again

Maybe in synchronized swimming or gymnastics

UTRs and Goldhawk-Road like this.
  13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Beth, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with trans people, gay people, people who identify as 'they' etc.
    I was in a show recently and two of the cast were two gay men, married to each other, who I consider good friends.
    Another cast member was a gay woman and another was a young man who has chosen to be gender fluid.
    All these people are my friends and I completely respect their right to do whatever they choose if it causes no one else any harm etc.
    However, what I do have a problem with is a swimmer, born male, over 6', with a man's physical attributes, who was ranked over 500 in the male rankings competing against women and becoming the best 'woman' swimmer.
    This is so unfair and complete madness.
    Trouble is, if one voices this opinion, one is immediately labelled a transphobe and subjected to hatred from the trans etc community.

Sport should lay on a separate, open category for all these people, then they can all compete fairly with one another.

Two separate issues, but unfortunately, someone holding the opinion I've just given is dismissed as discriminatory.

14. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

I cannot agree with you more Col.
    Thank you for the reasoned and understanding comment

It is everybody's right to self identify as they wish, and take the necessary steps to live that life.

And it is not our right to criticise and make fun of them. It is the make fun of and sensationalisation I have difficulty with here

The sport to me is a separate issue and again I completely agree with you Col.

I feel if a man ( or a woman) has gone through puberty, and been "subjected" to those horrible teenage hormones, then the opportunity to compete in elite sport under current designations is lost....with a few exceptions where men and women already compete as equals

What is designated in the future is what we ought to be discussing..and having elite sport and World records for trans gender athletes is one excellent suggestion.

Thank you Col

Hoop-Leif and rangercol like this.
  15. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

I'm going to play devils advocate here....

I'm sorry Beth, but you're wrong. Surely the whole point of someone undergoing gender re-assignment is so that they can integrate fully within their new gender classification. If you are then to prevent them from competing against others from their gender class, is that also not a form of discrimination?

16. rangercol

So you'd allow trans men to compete against women across the board?

17. Steelmonkey

So you'd have them discriminated against yet again? Create a sub-class of genders? Do you think that's what they want? To go through all the physical and mental torment of gender re-assignment and then be told "actually, you're still not really a female, go and play with other people of your sort"?

18. rangercol

You make my earlier point perfectly.
    This subject can't be discussed without people being accused of being discriminatory.

How can it be fair on all the non trans female competitors who have trained all their lives and know they have no chance of competing?

Absolutely nuts!

19. Steelmonkey

Or not nuts, depending on which way the gender reassignment goes.

I've not accused you of being a transphobe, just pointing out the flaws in your argument. I know it's a difficult subject, my wife works with several patients who are trans. However, your proposal of having a seperate competition for those who have undergone reassignment would only increase discrimination. Would you ban them from competing as they don't fit your idea of what a male or female should be? There's no perfect answer.

20. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Great a sensible discussion .. but personally I really have no complete answers..

If a man goes through puberty and training to say become a top weightlifter and competes at the toppish level ( yes I know it has happened ) and then transitions in their 30s, ( taking the hormones to suppress testosteron levels so there testerone levels are low ) to live their lives as a woman.. all good to them surely there is no problem with that.

but then goes back in to women's weightlifting ..is that fair?. Personally I don't think it is. As they have had 15-20 years of high testosterone levels to train their muscles.

And we ban athletes ( if we catch them) for doing that.

It is hugely problematic.

Col suggested a way through that moral maze....I think a good suggestion

I am assuming the main reason for transitioning is to live your life as a different gender and not to compete in sport...so does it matter to that level.

I cannot answer that

rangercol likes this.