1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Another school shooting in America

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GLP, May 18, 2018.

1. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

10 fatalities so far.

Stop the guns.

RIP

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Terrible.

RIP

3. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Awful news. Thoughts with all who are affected.

As somebody that works in a school here, I’m thankful of all the measures we have in place to prevent such a thing.

RIP

Howden Tigress and askewshair like this.
  4. BrisbaneTiger

BrisbaneTiger Well-Known Member

I’m not sure this will ever change, apart from getting reported on less as time goes by as it is just getting to be more and more common. As much as the response from the Parklands shooting seemed to be going forward, has it changed anything?

When you have President ****wit harping on about just arming more and more people, it wont ever change. He repeated a few weeks ago about arming teachers to stop it. Correct me if i am wrong, but if you are going into a school in order to kill as in these instances, and you knew the teacher was armed, wouldn’t you just take the teacher out first? It’s not as though they announce they are coming so the teacher can get prepared for it.

As GLP says you need to get rid of the guns, not get more and more to protect yourself. Personally i just think there are too many people over there, with an ill thought out opinion to ever be able to get rid or even just restrict them.

Apologies of this comes across as being political, it just doesnt ever seem to change. Im just hopeful that schools like Cortez works at and ones over here, never have to endure something like that.

RIP to the unfortunate few. Their families must be in turmoil.

5. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

It’s ridiculous. The answer will inevitably be “we need more guns”. The NRA has far too much influence over the politics that could potentially save lives.

They don’t need guns anymore than we do, maybe we are just tougher when it comes to defending ourselves from threats. It’s getting tiresome, and, perhaps more worrying, it’s becoming the norm.

My biggest worry is what sort of hell on Earth is going to have to occur for them to actually make a change. Offering thoughts and prayers is about as useful as offering leprechaun gold and pixie sticks, it’s time for real action.

6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Realistically guns are too common and numerous to be controlled effectively so the only real way forward is for more people to have more guns.

7. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Much in the same way that drugs are really common and probably shouldn't be bothered with by law enforcement.

StCloudTiger likes this.
  8. Amin Yapusi

Correct.

9. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

This is the 41st recorded shooting incident in a US School in 2018 and the 101st mass shooting (4 or more people killed or injured) overall.

10. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Wow

11. Chazz Rheinhold

It's why I carry a couple of machetes whenever I go to London bro.

Amin Yapusi likes this.
  12. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised I was on a subway train a few years ago in Brooklyn with a load of bad arsed school kids, they made our scrotes look like baby faced angelic angels.

13. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I can't be bothered ranting as I did that last time. Nothing will ever change.

All I can say is what a terrible world we live in. Poor defenceless children have lost their lives for no reason. It is disgusting. My sincerest condolences to their families.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

If you want to put gun culture into perspective in the USA, there are approx six times as many retailers of guns, than there are Starbucks. In fact, more than all coffee Shops put together.

It has 4.4% of the world's population, but over 50% of privately owned firearms.

BrisbaneTiger likes this.
  15. Quill

Quill Bastard

Of course, the only solution is more guns.

16. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

The idiots will never learn or change, I love visiting and working over there but you just never feel 100% safe. One of our employees was held up/robbed at gun point in Feb this year as he took some cash out an ATM, it's the second time it's happened in a year.

17. Amin Yapusi

I carry a bottle of acid too

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  18. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

The NRA is so powerful, it elects presidents and gets rid of them.

19. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

True story alert.

We were in NYC recently heading from JFK to the hotel on the subway. Just three stops into the journey a guy starts shouting about the oppression of his kind. I scan the carriage & we appeared to be the only Caucasians, that he spoke of, in there.

He spotted me giving a little grin after Mrs Ben whispered something about me always finding the train loony. He launched a verbal assault on me & stood up from his laying down position accusing me of being a privileged, Caucasian, fat motherfucker. “Fat”? Cheeky **** ... I nearly choked on my caviar.

Luckily another guy stood up & ushered him off the train before apologising on NYC’s behalf, no caviar was lost.

Being serious it’s the first time in my life I’ve thought “that **** could have a gun, you’ve no chance”

Lay down your arms America, Fat privileged
    Caucasian Motherfuckers, & others,
    are being killed far too often & for what end?

Mental health kills, invest wisely & become preventative rather than reactive.

... can’t wait to speak to the person who advised me to use the subway, I’m guessing he’s on Hatem’s Death Squad payroll.

20. Chazz Rheinhold

I'm off round Humber poncy street tonight ben.
    Is it safe? Is it safe?

I'm looking forward to it. Going to be a right good grumpy moaning session. Hopefully lots of tearful Man U fans in sweaty shirts round there