1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Another 10 years?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Rightsideoverhere, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Rightsideoverhere

Rightsideoverhere Well-Known Member

Til we get to the Premier League?

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

If we stick with Pearson we will be alright,

3. Rightsideoverhere

Until we get promoted - He's learnt nothing from the premier league!

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... to come back within 10 years possibly ... but to survive in the Prem once there?

Burnley have just beaten Man City 1-0 ... Dyche seems to be able to get it right tactically on a shoe string ... Pearson has far better players at his disposal comparing like with like ... but we seem to get tactically butt fooked all too often ...

Rightsideoverhere likes this.
  5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Yes Pearson has made mistakes but he will learn from them. I think his biggest mistakes was being too loyal to last season's squad rather then bringing in a few more new signings. Lloyd Dyer wasn't properly replaced either which was a mistake as it took one of our fastest players out and didn't bring anyone in.

But the players and Pearson will learn and we will come back stronger

Big Jay likes this.
  6. Wellernever

Wellernever Well-Known Member

You must be joking.

PattyNchips2 and deepblue2222 like this.
  7. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

.. bit naiive Proud ... if we get relegated Pearson will not be our manager next season ... period.

8. Rightsideoverhere

I'd rather go down fighting,scrapping - windmilling even but how we are playing is piss poor
    Proud sorry pal you're talking bollocks, Pearson is too arrogant to drop players who are quite clealy not up to the job., Morgan should have been dropped before Xmas, Simpson the same yet Albrighton doesn't get a sniff, Hamer dropped for missing what? Sticking with his mates/favourites is an insult to the fans and owners. I'll still be here supporting the club when this arrogant twat is long gone.

deepblue2222 likes this.
  9. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

It´s been proven over & over again that you can´t be a prem team with a champ´ship squad.

deepblue2222 likes this.
  10. Calnefoxile

Calnefoxile Member

Personally I agree with Proud, Pearson will get us out of the Championship if, and it's a big if, we can keep most of this squad together. But the problem might well be if we get back into the Premiership, what will the owners do?, they will have seen what a horlicks Pearson's made of this season and think, "Is he good enough to keep us in the Premiership!!" Personally, I don't think he is, even 2nd time round, ok he may have learned a lesson from this campaign, but it'll be too late he will have sullied his reputation with the owners and more importantly the fans.

11. Wellernever

When we go down I can see this squad breaking up. The good players, Mahrez, Schlupp, Ulloa, Kramaric (depending on what has been agreed with Chelsea) & Schmiecal will want to leave and will be sold if the right offers are made. All the centre halves with the exception of Moore are too old, Cambiasso hasn't the legs anymore (wouldn't mind if we offered him Player/Manager as I think he has a good footballing brain) and Hamer, Albrighton, Drinkwater & Knockheart are going to be pretty miffed by their treatment this season. The rest have proved they are not good enough for the premiership and will have no particular motivation to get out of their comfort zone - The Championship.

12. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think the team spirit at the club is excellent and the players seem to love it here. They also have a lot of respect for Pearson. Cambiasso and Upson are in talks now apparently, I think we may go in for Huth and of the players you mentioned - Krammy and Ulloa I'd be happy to let go if we can get our money back on them, which I don't think we will so will probably stay. Schlupp will likely stay (I think he's still a bit raw for the Prem) and Mahrez will only go if he's desperate to do so. Kasper - well every keeps saying Hamer is better anyway. Regarding players being miffed - I don't get that impression and besides, they're professionals. Wood, who has made comments to the media about an "uncertain" future though, would be a candidate for departure, but he's not exactly pulling up trees at Ipswich anyway.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  13. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

I really hope most of the team stays together because, as I´ve said before, it will be a top Champ´ship team.
    The prob is ( IF WE GO STRAIGHT BACK UP ) it just won´t be any where near good enough for the prem´ship, so it´ll have to be rebuilt starting in the summer, then the winter & again the following summer. The gap is to big to play a champ´ship team in the prem´ship
    . Stating the obvious.

14. castleparktiger

Probably!!!

15. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

The trouble with FFP is that it's almost impossible to build a Premiership quality side while in the Championship. This encourages newly promoted sides to spend recklessly after promotion or face an immediate drop back down, hence all three promoted sides, none of which spent silly money, are all in the bottom three.

Equally though, recently relegated sides will be able to build better sides than most of the Championship because of parachute payments. This means, as long as they're well managed (ie, don't spend all their money on McCormack or Rhodes), we'll see the same sides going up all the time - then going straight back down. Thanks FFP.

16. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

Well put Lesta, I couldn't agree more. I don't think that was intended by introducing FFP, but it certainly is what is going to happen.
    Those few 'elite' that make the REAL money from football simply do not give a toss though, so things won't change and it will go on until football prices itself out of the market completely. It already has done for many ordinary football fans.

17. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Well, we're relegated.

And I honestly believe Pearson is the man to take us back up.

And if you disagree... Who else is there? Oh, I hear Neil Warnock is out of a job <yikes>

Then, back to the Premier League, give Pearson a fair crack of the whip, but this time, if we are bottom at Christmas, we'll then part ways.

As for next season... We'd be able to retain a decent amount of players who are great at Championship level, and helped us get promoted in the first place. We wouldn't need to sell anyone, and I'm not sure who would go out of their way to actually ask to leave.

Obviously Mahrez will be gone, but I won't mind as long as we get a decent wedge for him.

Lesta Gangsta likes this.
  18. Wellernever

I'd get rid now and offer the job to Cambiasso. He's well respected has played at the top level for years and carries himself impressively. On Saturday he was the only one talking to and positioning Lawrence when he came on. Obviously don't know what his plans are, he probably has one move left in him - MLS - but if he wants to get into coaching management then I'd take the risk NOW. In my opinion we're getting worse by the week and Saturday for me was the final straw. The players didn't seem motivated, the play was disjointed,the formation was wrong, there was no urgency and we just didn't look like scoring. We need a change.

19. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

The guy at Brentford becomes available, and we apparently spoke to him when NP was sacked and re-instated. I cannot say that I agree that those relegated from the Prem will go straight back up cos of FFP. Last season saw us take the Championship by storm, with Burnley runners up - neither of whom had previously been relegated. This season, none of the relegated teams are vying for auto promotion (maybe Norwich excepted). Seems that confidence is knocked out of teams that go down, and it takes a huge adjustment to play again in the Championship. We are all waiting for the sword of relegation to decpitate us. Personally, I feel that a new broom will be needed next season to inject the passion and desire that have all too often been lacking this season. (It only seems to appear when we have gone behind in games), A number of adjectives I have read on this forum about NP ie stubborn, boring etc are not necessarily negatives - SAF could have had those lodged against him as well, but the unprofessionalism that is emanating from him is disappointing ie not speaking to the press (he isnt SAF), swearing, jostling with opposition players. He has done a lot of good things at our club - the growth of the academy, sports fitness training etc, but come the end of the season, it really will be a time for change.

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... if we are relegated I'd be amazed if Nigel Pearson is still manager next season ... too depressed to start comtemplating who I'd like etc ...